• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Good to See Jermain playing again - he needed the 90 minuets to gain match sharpness - there were quite a few occasions last night when the Defoe of earlier in the season would have scored a bucket full - that beautiful moment early on when he shaped to shoot on his right foot, cut the ball back on to his left foot only for their keeper to save it, and his initial turn and shot that led to Siggy's goal being two glorious opportunities.

Still got a bit of a selfish streak in him, and was clearly desperate to score last night, but that aside he proved a threat all night, and definitely offered something different to what ADE has been offering. If only we could clone Ade and Defoe, ADEfoe would be the complete striker we've been dying for.

Was lively, got himself into the right positions, made himself available.

Usual greedy tag to be applied, but that's what gets him his goals when he's on form.

We could really do with one of his 6 game hot streaks now

I thought he looked quite good yesterday but tbf I can't distinguish if it was him actually playing well or was so used to the toothless performances Ade has been turning in made him look that much better.

Either way hopefully he can get back into one of his patented "hot streaks"

Mixed night for him, got a lot of the ball, did a lot of good things , but should have scored at least one. There were a couple times, when he should have shot and actually passed and times when he should have shot earlier.

We IMO nearly always look more dangerous when he is in the team. His turn made the 2nd goal, even though he probabaly should have scored with the shot, buit no turn no goal and most srtikers can't/don't turn like that.

He also got the corner for the 3rd. Needs to score acouple and he should calm down and hopefully really hit top form.

...is an overly greedy macaron whose finishing ability doesn't match his ambition.

When stuck choosing between Defoe or Ade one realises how fudging horrible a situation they are in.

He might as well have not been on the pitch for most of the game. When he finally got into the game he rarely passed the ball to a fellow player.

Was very disappointed with Defoe yesterday. Watching Suarez (as much as I hate the taco) makes you realise the difference between an intelligent and a not so intelligent striker. Suarez has excellent movement, Defoe is very static. Plus of course he's desperate for a goal meaning he's unlikely to lay off a pass when there's the slightest chance of him getting a shot off.

Unfortunately Defoe' performance yesterday was more akin to Sturridge than Suarez yesterday but he clearly needs a few more matches before he's fully match fit and because we had no other senior strikers in the squad he had to play the full 90mins. Hopefully Dempsey and Ade are back for the next game and they all rediscover their scoring form during the run in.

Earlier in the season, Defoe was on top form and felt like he could easily reach and surpass the 20-league goal mark this season. But now he doesn't even look like scoring a goal. He has only scored 1 goal in his last 13 matches for us which is very poor for a striker. With him now stuck at 10 league goals and only 9 matches remaining, just can't see him scoring 20 league goals now. In fact, on his current form, will be surprised if can score more than 2 goals in the remaining matches.

I would like to see Defoe replaced during the summer as i feel he's fast approaching the end phase of his career, i personally feel he's had one transfer to many which has limited his ability to hit any true consistency and stability at the club. He's also been on the receiving end of a footballing paradigm shift which no longer requires a forward of his type. I personally feel that he would actually thrive at a team such as Fulham or Southampton who have mid table ambitions and low prospects, plus he'd have the whole team set up to play his game.

JD has never been a 20-a-season striker. His purple patch at the start of the season was always going to be following by extended drought. I was hoping for 15 from him this season. that is still possible but had hoped we would either sign another striker in January or Ade would get close to or into double figures.

Thought JD was incredibly rusty and out of sync with the team on thursday when lots said he was great and thought he just didn't show yesterday at all. But think a lot of the vitriol against him now is a)cos we lost & b) cos he had looked a step up on himself for the first half of the season that people have forgotten what his 'typical' level is.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll score a brace on Saturday.

He has been labelled a 'fast tack bully' and I reckon Fulham could be one of 'his' games

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll score a brace on Saturday.

He has been labelled a 'fast tack bully' and I reckon Fulham could be one of 'his' games

bostik_fast_tack__56729_zoom.jpg

Back