• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Extract and spin Defoe's blood? He's small enough to climb right into the centrifuge.

ManU have a similar machine, but it works on opponents. Twists their blood.

Defoe treatment under scrutiny

Tottenham's use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to treat Jermain Defoe's injury is a technique WADA briefly banned.

The platelets are then injected back into the patient at the point of injury. The growth factors in platelets are believed to speed up healing, but it remains prohibited to isolate those growth factors and administer them directly.

The therapy has achieved remarkable results in speeding up recovery from injuries and in some cases has led to athletes making a comeback after having retired due to injury.

WADA banned PRP injections in 2010 but this ban was removed a year later, although the use of isolated growth factors remain prohibited.

The technique involves a small quantity of blood being extracted from the patient, placed in a centrifuge and spun until it separates into its component parts.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas revealed the club has been using the treatment since the start of the season.

He said: "We believe a lot in [non-isolated] growth factor treatment and plasma platelet treatments. It is not common but does happen from club to club.

"You take out the blood from any part of the body and spin it around. The plasma comes to the top of the blood and you are able to inject it back into the body and that is the part of the blood that heals injuries. It accelerates the recovery process."

UK Anti-Doping confirmed the treatment was acceptable.

A UKAD statement read: "Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is an autologous blood product used to treat acute and chronic tendon, ligament and muscle injuries.

"WADA banned intramuscular PRP injections in competitive athletes in 2010 but this was removed in 2011 because of limited evidence for a systemic ergogenic effect of PRP, but the growth factors within PRP remain prohibited."

Re: WTF is this all about? Defoe

The guy has no brains.
If something go missing from your house you contact the police and they go investigate it. You don't get your cousins to handle it.

The guy has no brains.
If something go missing from your house you contact the police and they go investigate it. You don't get your cousins to handle it.

If something goes missing from my house, it is usually one of my cousins who took it

Haha. My ex's sister used to date him and would often say 'Hey Jermains away tonight fancy coming round and playing Xbox or whatever'. Pretty sad I know but it was DEFOES house so just had to go!

The guy has no brains.

If my cousins had some friends 'round to my place and something got nicked, I would probably do them a solid and tell my cousins they better get my stuff back ASAP before I called the police.

Haha. My ex's sister used to date him and would often say 'Hey Jermains away tonight fancy coming round and playing Xbox or whatever'. Pretty sad I know but it was DEFOES house so just had to go!

Banging your ex's sister was ya? Naughty naughty

Not to mention stirring old Jermain's porridge.....

No way.

Adebayor will be up for it, it's Arsenal, lets just hope he doesn't get sent off this time.

Back