• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

ITK Information;

- Defoe has had his kid less than a week ago. He has been fit for a while now but is just elongating his injury to have more time off...
- Tottenham expect him back in training monday.

ITK Information;

- Defoe has had his kid less than a week ago. He has been fit for a while now but is just elongating his injury to have more time off...

He'd be entitled to 2 weeks satutory paternity leave, so wouldn't need to fake an injury.

Anyway, contrast to David Howells who once played for us the evening when his dad died during the day.

I guess Raheem Sterling would end up being available about 3 matches a season if he took all his permitted paternity leave.

ITK Information;

Papers are too slow :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...efoe-becomes-a-father-for-the-first-time.html

Anyway, moving on. Really want to see Defoe back in action as soon as possible. Just so Ade has a bit of competition for that starting position.
Jermaine would have been perfect for today, always loves to score against WHU!

Papers are too slow :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...efoe-becomes-a-father-for-the-first-time.html

Anyway, moving on. Really want to see Defoe back in action as soon as possible. Just so Ade has a bit of competition for that starting position.
Jermaine would have been perfect for today, always loves to score against WHU!

Jermaine (Jenas) has only scored once against West Ham.

On the other hand, Jermain (Defoe) has scored 6 times against West Ham.

I think you meant the latter, rather than the former.

Jermain Defoe believes the current crop of Tottenham players is the best he has played with during his time at the club.

The 30-year-old striker has spent over seven years at White Hart Lane over two spells.

He has played alongside a number of fellow internationals during that time but he feels Andre Villas-Boas' squad, who are currently third in the Premier League, is full of quality.

"I think it probably is the best squad since I have been here," he said. "As a player I have always said when you are playing with good players it makes it easier. Especially as a forward, you know you are going to get chances in a game to score.

"There are players that could walk into other top teams in the Premier League, but it is great for everyone and keeps you on your toes because you know if you get an opportunity you have to take it.

"We have that winning mentality in training - it is just a good time to be here.

"There are players that can come into the team and do well so there is that competition which is always healthy. It is a great time to be at the club, we are playing with great players and the sky is the limit."

The former West Ham and Portsmouth striker feels the camaraderie between the Spurs players off the pitch is a key factor in their recent success.

"I feel good and have trained for a full week with no problems, so I'm ready to go," he said.

"I was having a joke with Scott Parker yesterday and we were saying sometimes that if you have got a little knock you just need to stay on it and make sure you're fit and ready because if you are out of the squad someone will come in and they will do well, because it is such a good team to play in.

"I have been here for many years now and in my opinion, in terms of team spirit it is the best it has ever been.

"Everyone is buzzing around the training ground and putting the work in. Even the players that are injured are working hard to get back.

"It is the winning mentality that I think we have got now. In games when things aren't going great everyone gets stuck in and just keeps going, it is a good thing to have. It is important to have that I think."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8543957/

"We have that winning mentality in training - it is just a good time to be here.

And you see it during games as well, we have been missing the winning mentality for years and its great to see that AVB is installing that into the players.

In honour of Onlyme:

Let's examine his contribution to team success in the last 5 days or so:

Arsenal (H) 2-1 win
Inter (H) 3-0 win

\o/\o/

You see it's ALL down to Defoe

I actually thought he was good tonight.

VERY greedy though. If he had passed at times we may have had 4 or 5.

Good game last night, worked his ass off all night. Should have scored, obviously, but he did well getting into goalscoring positions. Very promising performance.

Back