• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

the hip and the calf is quite some distance away....pure speculation i guess.

Hip issues can cause alignment issues with the leg.

As far as i knew the calf is part of the leg.

Though we'd need a more reputable source before i start to believe it.

At a guess it's possibly an injury that causes him some pain, but won't get aggravated by playing.

Indeed, the FIRST whispers were of 3 to 4 weeks, so if he has been playing through it then presto, here's our reward! Daniel, time to go to Joe...

Well we're fudged if this is the case.

Can't wait until AVB comes out on FEB 1st ad tries to spin it as if we're in a good position and don't really need a striker.

In fairness, what would you expect him to do mate? he doesn't do dirty laundry in public...

We have choice.

Dempsey is currently on fire. Stick him up top again.

After yesterday wiuld you rely want to rely on Dempsey? Sure he scored but without both Ade and Defoe we really are asking a lot from him.

It would be so funny would it not if Defoe gets injured, and Ade gets injured during the ANC?

Well we're fudged if this is the case.

Can't wait until AVB comes out on FEB 1st ad tries to spin it as if we're in a good position and don't really need a striker.

Everton have showed they have no intention of letting their manager leave for Spurs through a media circus. The Merseyside club have fired their initial shots in what may be a prolonged conflict and are certainly not prepared for untrue stories to be pushed about Moyes and his intentions to leave the club.

Even before Tottenham Hotspur had released the statement saying Harry Redknapp had departed, there was huge speculation about who would follow him at White Hart Lane. Much of it was just that, speculation, but when a well known journalist from TalkSPORT went a bit too far, Everton were on top of it quickly.

Ian Abrahams, better known by his nickname of 'The Moose' was giving the impression on Twitter that he had inside information on what Spurs were about to do. He said "As I understand it David Moyes is 1st choice - I've been told if things go well he could be installed in a week. It is my understanding Spurs may have already met with David Moyes today and that Moyes compensation has been agreed with Everton FC."

Strong stuff and big claims which would suggest someone had tipped him off, or that he thought Moyes to Spurs was a decent bet and it was a good opportunity to fluff his feathers without any real knowledge. He was asked if the chance of Moyes going to Spurs was about '80%' and said "as I always say nothing in life is 100% but this looks a lot closer to that than 80%."

He then went on to continue to fluff his feathers and argue with people who doubted his credibility, that was until Paul Tyrrell got involved. Tyrrell is the Director of Communications at Everton and was furious that Abrahams was pushing news which he believed was totally fabricated, so he told him "This is an absolute lie Ian. I expected better from you. If you repeat it, you can expect legal action from EFC."

Now Abrahams, who had been so confident previously, turned on a sixpence and said "ok Paul sorry and I withdraw it. I withdraw the comments about David Moyes I made a short while ago leaving Everton for Spurs."

He followed with a couple more grovelling tweets to Everton's Director of Communications before saying he was signing off for the night. No doubt if Moyes does turn up at Tottenham he'll claim he had the inside story from the start, despite appearing to pluck strong claims from thin air, safe in the comfort that the Everton manager was favourite for the job anyway.

Apart from embarrassing a journalist, this episode shows that Everton are not prepared to be walked over if Tottenham Hotspur do indeed want their manager.

Back