• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

That first goal from Defoe was simply world class

It was superb wasnt it. Yet we have a few levys on here who just wanna sell to get cash without any thought as to what or how we would cope. fudge that. Defoe is a Yiddo and here to fudgein stay

Fantastic solo effort from the little man. Just a shame we dont see more of that from him nowadays.

I remember in his first spell at WHL he would often collect the ball on the left hand side, shimmy inside and bend a curler into the top corner on a regular basis (I was sat immediately behind him so could well appreciate the beauty of such a sublime finish).

A Jermaine in form is a delight to behold.

Statto, do you have up to date figures for jd? How close to top 5 is he overall and how close to top 5 for league goals?

Just watched the goal for the first time on tv and it was even better than watching it live. I didnt realise how much work there was still to do.

Top quality goal. Seriously good.

I was delighted for him today...and us. Last week, at the gooners, he was awful. Disinterested and petulant. It saddened me because I am a massive JD fan, but I was worried that being benched for City after scoring a hat-trick had got into his head and flipped a switch. Thankfully now he can kick on...what he did for the first goal was sublime and exactly what he's capable of; in fact, for me, he'd have had opportunities to do that last week if he'd just played with the same spirit and endeavor he had this week...

I was delighted for him today...and us. Last week, at the gooners, he was awful. Disinterested and petulant. It saddened me because I am a massive JD fan, but I was worried that being benched for City after scoring a hat-trick had got into his head and flipped a switch. Thankfully now he can kick on...what he did for the first goal was sublime and exactly what he's capable of; in fact, for me, he'd have had opportunities to do that last week if he'd just played with the same spirit and endeavor he had this week...

Really? I thought he did ok, but I didn't listen to about a 3rd of the match tbf. When you say petulant, are you referring to when Bale didn't pass him the ball for what would have been a tap-in?

Does anyone think he can have an equally good game againsty Liverpool? I expect they'll be a more stringent test than the Hammers in terms of their midfield who actually exist to give the ball to the strikers

Really? I thought he did ok, but I didn't listen to about a 3rd of the match tbf. When you say petulant, are you referring to when Bale didn't pass him the ball for what would have been a tap-in?

No, his whole demeanor. He just looked frustrated and disinterested from where we were (albeit lower to the pitch which is never the best perspective for viewing...)

No, his whole demeanor. He just looked frustrated and disinterested from where we were (albeit lower to the pitch which is never the best perspective for viewing...)

Was it the same before or after Ade got sent off? Also, was a he getting knocked off the ball easily by their defenders from what you saw?

Back