• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Do you intend to be insulting, or was that just a bi-product?

Saying that a Spurs fan is feeling great after a loss because a player he doesn't rate didn't start is very insulting in my eyes and frankly quite unneccesary among fellow Spurs fans.

Well I remember many an occasion where when Defoe's goals have contributed to a Tottenham win, instead of basking in the glory of victory he would continue to slag off Defoe and give him no credit for his good performance or his goals.

he's getting some stick on twitter, graham roberts being a taco as well

it's fair enough if you ask me, if they are mates they are mates

Odd that a couple of those centurions (Cliff Jones. Glenn Hoddle) weren't even strikers. Even Gilzean spent much of his time out wide on the flank.
Means that we had some prolific guys who aren't strikers at all. Sheringham was better quality for us than Defoe. We'd really be something if we had a top striker more consistently through history

Jermain Defoe ‏@IAmJermainDefoe

Don't worry guys u know I'm spurs for life blue runs through my veins

Spurs for life my arse.
Defoe like every other player cares about himself not the club.
It was only last week he took all day getting off the pitch with his team 1-0 down and then stormed off down the tunnel with 30 minutes of the game left.

He puts one photo up of him with his gooner mates and suddenly he's a disloyal clown shoe? Amazing. How fickle can we actually get...actually, let's not answer that question shall we?

He puts one photo up of him with his gooner mates and suddenly he's a disloyal clown shoe? Amazing. How fickle can we actually get...actually, let's not answer that question shall we?

He can tweet and hang around with whoever he wants.
Its the flimflam fake badge kissing flimflam that annoys me.
Footballers should stop all the pretence that they give a brick.

Defoe's done enough and said enough over the years to prove that he does give a brick about the club.
Expecting a player to ignore his friends, fellow players or acquaintances because of their perceived Arsenal connections is a bit too much.

We may perpetually be repulsed by Campbell, but the players don't really hate him. They weren't around when he was...doing what he does best.
Similarly, Henry's a legend in the game, like it or not. Him and Ledley have a long-standing respect and admiration for each other that means that either of them wouldn't be afraid to be seen with the other. And that's Ledley, the only real one-club man in our recent history.

Much ado over nothing.

Defoe's done enough and said enough over the years to prove that he does give a brick about the club.
Expecting a player to ignore his friends, fellow players or acquaintances because of their perceived Arsenal connections is a bit too much.

We may perpetually be repulsed by Campbell, but the players don't really hate him. They weren't around when he was...doing what he does best.
Similarly, Henry's a legend in the game, like it or not. Him and Ledley have a long-standing respect and admiration for each other that means that either of them wouldn't be afraid to be seen with the other. And that's Ledley, the only real one-club man in our recent history.

Much ado over nothing.

That's fair enough but a bit of cop on from Defoe and he could have avoided all this. Let's face it he picked the two players Spurs fans hate most to tweet about. Personally that I couldn't give a brick, but he's making a rod for his own back by posting that in my opinion. Not very clever is it?

Indeed, if some are really upset about that photo then they really are sad.

All Defoe's guilty of here is being a bit dim. He's not the first footballer that could have that accusation levelled at him.

in all honesty, i dont care if he's a spurs fan or an arsenal fan. He fudging plays for Spurs, scores us goals and wins us games and because he's a Spurs player I support him. I don't support him based on what fudging football team he supports.

in all honesty, i dont care if he's a spurs fan or an arsenal fan. He fudging plays for Spurs, scores us goals and wins us games and because he's a Spurs player I support him. I don't support him based on what fudging football team he supports.

Indeed.

Back