• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

So would Clive Allen if he dusted off his boots. But you can't carry luxury players who don't otherwise contribute like that in the modern game.

Must have hurt you to see us go through tonight. 1-1 and extra time and penalties would have been much better

GB you should change your username to opta stats boy :)

I personally don't give a monkeys about whose run the most etc..I look to see who offers more to the team and right now I'd say it's Defoe. We'll see what Harry does on Saturday.

We're using Defoe perfectly at the moment. He's fighting hard to try to break in the team, and gives us options. He's looking very sharp when coming off the bench (which he hasn't always done in the past) and is scoring plenty of goals. But he still has a tendency to go missing in games.

Important squad player for us but no way that he should be an automatic starter. He's getting plenty of playing time and plenty of chances. I don't see the issue.

The issue is, that maybe we could have done better against Man U, and arsenal, if we played a 442 that we were actually used to

The issue is, that maybe we could have done better against Man U, and arsenal, if we played a 442 that we were actually used to

Or if we'd stuck to our usual 4-2-3-1 and just used Krancjar as a straight swap for vdV. We got blown apart because 4-4-2 is flawed and left us wide open, not because our player aren't used to it.

We're using Defoe perfectly at the moment. He's fighting hard to try to break in the team, and gives us options. He's looking very sharp when coming off the bench (which he hasn't always done in the past) and is scoring plenty of goals. But he still has a tendency to go missing in games.

Dude this season at varying times that has applied to Lennon, Bale, VDv, Saha, Ade et al
Important squad player for us but no way that he should be an automatic starter. He's getting plenty of playing time and plenty of chances. I don't see the issue.[/B]

The big fukking issue is that Ade, has missed a hatful of chances, Saha has score 2 goals all season and VDV possibly due to his persistent injury problems, has gone missing in several matches recently. The issue is that Defoe currently looks like the Spurs player most likely to score a goal in open play even though he has failed to master the off-side rule

Or if we'd stuck to our usual 4-2-3-1 and just used Krancjar as a straight swap for vdV. We got blown apart because 4-4-2 is flawed and left us wide open, not because our player aren't used to it.

When Spurs made CL a couple of years ago what formation were we playing? You dislike for Defoe means you have talk tripe

442 is not flawed if you use the right players and tactics....like any formation.

Ok - it might work with 2 forwards who alternate in dropping deep, like Berbatov and Keane used to. It doesn't work with old school goal hangers like Defoe and Saha though because you're just going to get steamrollered in midfield every time.

When Spurs made CL a couple of years ago what formation were we playing? You dislike for Defoe means you have talk tripe

4-4-2, but we achieved inspite of our forwards that season. Keane, Crouch, Defoe, Pav and Gudjohnsen were all equally frustrating.

Ok - it might work with 2 forwards who alternate in dropping deep, like Berbatov and Keane used to. It doesn't work with old school goal hangers like Defoe and Saha though because you're just going to get steamrollered in midfield every time.

But it does work with Defoe. The fact you dont like him doesnt change that.

Back