• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

I wonder if Saha and Defoe could work

As do I but Adebayor appears to be undroppable, I wonder if it's purely Harry's decision to start him every game or if Ade has a 'must-play when available' clause written into his contract like Klinsmann...

Doesn't Ade have a clause in his contract to start every PL game if available?

So it's always a case of Ade + who?

In addition - Saha and Defoe played together against Stevenage and hardly set the world alight, granted it was an odd game though

So Defoe is scoring on and off the pitch?

I would like Alexndra Burke.

burke-460_1009589c.jpg

Sol Campbell

Sol_Campbell_1540426c.jpg

Alexandra Burke

Attachments

• burke-460_1009589c.jpg
    burke-460_1009589c.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
Before tonight I'd have stuck with Saha because his hold-up play is better and he seems to have struck up a decent rapport with ADE, but even though it was 'only' Stevenage, Defoe was in such devastating form tonight he's made it into a no-brainer for Harry - he just HAS to play ahead of Saha on Saturday.

GB

Seriously now. What has VDV offered, that Defoe hasnt since the start of the year?

Intelligence, movement, workrate (averaging 7 miles a match - the highest of any player), link-up play (average nearly 100 passes a game compared to Defoe's c.15), winning mentality. vdV would contribute more to our side with a leg in plaster than Defoe's capable of.

In games like Stevenage perhaps.

But they are a whole level down to top international class forwards like Ade and Rafa.

GB VDV has done fudge all mate to warrant a starting place for Everton. Defoe, despite all his flaws which we acknowledge, is in form and should start. It seems fairly obvious to me anyway.

Intelligence, movement, workrate (averaging 7 miles a match - the highest of any player), link-up play (average nearly 100 passes a game compared to Defoe's c.15), winning mentality. vdV would contribute more to our side with a leg in plaster than Defoe's capable of.

But Defoe is more likely to score than VDV or Ade or Saha in open play

:yawn:

Did he contribute more tonight? It was "only" Stevenage after all...yet where was he?

Doesn't Ade have a clause in his contract to start every PL game if available?

So it's always a case of Ade + who?

In addition - Saha and Defoe played together against Stevenage and hardly set the world alight, granted it was an odd game though

I assume that City had that clause inserted so that they they get their money's worth, considering they are paying half Ade' wages.

City and ARSEnal must be pleased to see that, despite Harry' legendary motivational skills, Adebayor has once again gone off the boil after a promising start at a new club.

His finishing has been as wayward as Crouch' of late, fortunately the rest of his game is slightly better at least.

Last edited:
Back