• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

probably worth considering the games that saha and ade have been partnered up for and the system we employed with which personell in the team

so far it would seem that the relationship between ade and defoe is stronger than ade with saha...but for me personally i would prefer the latter (i.e saha ) as partner. i would like to see that partnership in a less difficult run of games personally wit more ball players able to find the strikers in the channels

the only thing that scares me about both ade and saha together is that their touch (first) arent very good at all. i have to be honest the level that its at is something that has caught me off guard..i didnt expect that of saha, had my suspicions of ade but with saha i thought his first touch was significantly better

Player G A Total Mins Mins per contribution
Van Persie 25 9 34 2341 68.85294118
Dzeko 13 5 18 1250 69.44444444
Balotelli 11 1 12 907 75.58333333
Rooney 18 6 24 1909 79.54166667
Aguero 16 6 22 1827 83.04545455
Defoe 9 2 11 944 85.81818182
Ba 16 4 20 1808 90.4
Ade 11 12 23 2113 91.86956522
Yakubu 13 1 14 1532 109.4285714
Sturridge 9 4 13 1585 121.9230769
Holt 10 3 13 1617 124.3846154
Odemwingie 9 3 12 1646 137.1666667
VDV 7 4 11 1538 139.8181818
Morrison 8 4 12 1698 141.5
Fletcher 10 1 11 1582 143.8181818
Graham 10 2 12 1988 165.6666667
Suarez 6 3 9 1659 184.3333333
Bent 9 1 10 1858 185.8
Saha 4 2 6 1489 248.1666667

Saha (spurs only) - 3 Goals, 1 Assist, 4 Total, 209 Minutes played, 52.25 Minutes per contribution

You can prove anything with stats.

and I can't believe how phenominally ignorant and rude some so called fans are.

You, like GB and others, are so ignorant that even when the guy plays well and scores goals, you don't have the decency, maturity or humility to admit that you are wrong. So you now try the weak and childish tactic of calling people who recognise the guy for what he does, deluded.

mmm....... I wonder who is actually more likely to be deluded?

Why don't you and the defoe homeys over here have the decency, maturity or humility to admit he's been over overwhelmingly sh!t during his times at WHL?
Anyone who read you guys talking thinks we have Pele/Maradona/Messi wrapped in one player....

Wake up...Open your eyes...face it.....

He is a westham/portsmouth player at best....not a Tottenham caliber player...

:rolleyes:

Yeah but thats not allowed because it was a mistake by a bricky player.

Infact any goals that arise out of mistakes by the opposition defense is not allowed and should be chalked off.

and then of course you can decry his performances, for not conjuring up goals when he does start, irrespective of the fact that he didn't get any service for the majority of the game, against the top team in the league, who unsurprisingly - aren't famous for having a generous defence

Last edited:
Why don't you and the defoe homeys over here have the decency, maturity or humility to admit he's been over overwhelmingly sh!t during his times at WHL?
Anyone who read you guys talking thinks we have Pele/Maradona/Messi wrapped in one player....

no-one has ever claimed that he is Gerd Muller reincarnated

but I can't deal with someone as ignorant as you are - in appreciating his contribution to the club in his time here.

10th highest scorer at the club ever, 5th top european goalscorer

and you talk about him as if he is a park player

people like you sadden me.

The game suited him yesterday. We didn't have many chances in the box but we had a few good opportunities in Defoe range just outside the penalty area.

Why is he listed on 14 goals on ssn.com?

Thought he's on 13

I saw the 14 on his big profile picture as well,
but it doesn't make sense.
He's on 13 total for Spurs in official competition, 9 in the league, 3 in UEFA and 1 in the FA cup.
SSN also has this in his profile stats, but they also list his 2 pre season friendly goals.
Either way they've messed up as he should be on 13 or 15 on their site, not 14

but I can't deal with someone as ignorant as you are - in appreciating his contribution to the club in his time here.

10th highest scorer at the club ever, 5th top european goalscorer

Great post, but you're wasting your time.

10Th highest scorer at the club ever, 5th top european goalscorer

My thoughts as well, i would ignore him as he speaks with forked tongue

Defoe scores goals, this is undeniable. However he just doesn't offer the same kind of play as ade/saha/vdv.

He scored against man united yes, but how long was he on for? It was the first time i think he had touched the ball since coming on, in about ten minutes. It also was only due to a lax pass from giggs due to them being 3-0 up and confident the game was already won.

Are you saying that Ade and VDV offer the same kind of play?
And why then, do we also need Defoe to offer that?

Defoe offers something different. Nine goals in 8 starts for a striker, and you want something else from him, that you think three of our players already offer. Does Bale offer the same as VDV, or Modric the same as Saha? No, nor do they need to.

Are you actually criticizing him for scoring with his first touch, and making the most of an opportunity by daring to having a shot?

I can see why Redknapp would pick VDV and Adebayor ahead of Defoe, but not Saha. I thought Saha was going to be a backup.

This is what everyone's been asking all along

Nothing to do with who's the better/bricker striker

Defoe is limited granted, but still far more likely to score than Saha, imv. Bizzare from Arry

I am slightly surprised that Defoe has not featured more since Harry has decided to revert to 4-4-2, as whilst he is not suited to 4-5-1 he certainly deserves a chance in a front 2 and should've come on much earlier yesterday imho.

Does Adebayor has it written into the terms of his loan agreement that he must start every game he is fit for? (as Klinsmann apparently did)

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 19 - Jermain Defoe has scored more goals as a substitute than any other player in Premier League history. Replacement.

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 17 - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Kanu both scored 17 goals off the bench - two fewer than Defoe (19). Trust.

Funny how as brick as you make him out to be he has still managed to score all the other players in our squad with the best goal to minutes ratio. And that includes Saha when you take into consideration his barren half season at Everton.

While Defoe's all round game may not be the best he is the Tottenham player most likely to score a goal. But I guess I am wasting my time with you because people like you and Gutteboy are predictable because we all know 'haters gonna hate'.

I think different styles pf opposition require different styles of forwards.
I also think Saha's debut and his linking up with Ade made Redknapp think, perhaps he should try Saha and Ade more as the movement and finishing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was so devestating even Harry I think was surprised.

Defoe will no doubt get playing time now, as we will be playing more 'park the bus' teams who will defend deepand I think be suspectible to Defoe's long-shots.

One thing, though that Saha has over Defoe (and Adebayor) is his aerial threat. It's understandable Saha has started in recent games, but perhaps Defoe coming on should have happened earlier in thiose games when things weren't working out.

This conundrum beats discussing Crouch vs defoe vs Pav - as we did last year...

I wonder if Saha and Defoe could work

We should give it a try, at the very least. Without wanting to damage Ade's (very) frail confidence, there's bound to be a couple of games we can bench him in, simply because we shouldn't need him in those fixtures.

Back