• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Errr sorry wtf are you talking about when you say "he scored against man u but how long was he on for? He came on in about the 80th minute and within 7 mins of coming on he had scored. What the hell do you want from a player coming off the bench...most players would take some time to get into the flow of the game! If Harry had made his substitutions earlier (say after they scored their second goal) then we might well have snatched a draw or even a win, but to criticise Defoe in this game is frankly unbelievable flimflam he did everything that could reasonably be asked of a player coming on for a ten minute cameo when we were already 3 goals down

I was pointing out how he comes on late to score goals, but when he starts he doesn't do very well.

He was on for seven minute prior to the goal, and didn't get involved or touch the ball once, and was very fortunate for a united player to pass it straight to him in a promising position.

I agree Harry should have changed it earlier, and that Defoe is an amazing player to bring off the bench to change the game, but that is where his strength lies and it is how we should continue to use him.

Saha and Ade = Long Ball. (Albeit against Saudi Sportswashing Machine they scored goals)

Ade and Defoe = goals.

Even Kaboul is trying to be like Dawson and going long and it doesnt work! Just think we need to break it up a bit. It obviously wasnt working yesterday so needed to give JD 30 mins minimum to have a proper impact.

Last edited:
If you alter that table to minutes played per goals + assists i might actually pay attention to it.

Player G A Total Mins Mins per contribution
Van Persie 25 9 34 2341 68.85294118
Dzeko 13 5 18 1250 69.44444444
Balotelli 11 1 12 907 75.58333333
Rooney 18 6 24 1909 79.54166667
Aguero 16 6 22 1827 83.04545455
Defoe 9 2 11 944 85.81818182
Ba 16 4 20 1808 90.4
Ade 11 12 23 2113 91.86956522
Yakubu 13 1 14 1532 109.4285714
Sturridge 9 4 13 1585 121.9230769
Holt 10 3 13 1617 124.3846154
Odemwingie 9 3 12 1646 137.1666667
VDV 7 4 11 1538 139.8181818
Morrison 8 4 12 1698 141.5
Fletcher 10 1 11 1582 143.8181818
Graham 10 2 12 1988 165.6666667
Suarez 6 3 9 1659 184.3333333
Bent 9 1 10 1858 185.8
Saha 4 2 6 1489 248.1666667

Last edited:
Defoe is a striker ( the best at our club) and he should be starting more often, he will leave in the summer and i can not say i blame him.

Oh GHod...ANOTHER defoe fan club thread....can the mods open a seperate board and call it "DEFOE HOMEYS"?

Can't believe how deluded some fans are

:rolleyes:

fudging hell, what a monster RvP has been this season

QFT.

Defoe has impressive stats, though Adebayor is only 6 minutes a goal/assist behind him having played over double the amount of time.

So statistically we should play Ade defoe in a 442 or defoe vdv in a 451?

Kind of shows that statistics aren't the be all and end all, in the 451 case, defoe as the man up top would not inspire confidence. But it looks like he does deserve a chance starting a couple of games. I just do not think Saha would make much of an impact on games coming off the bench..

Is Tricky, I would ignore Saha's stats just because most of those minutes were not played with our team, and he has not played much with us.

QFT.

Defoe has impressive stats, though Adebayor is only 6 minutes a goal/assist behind him having played over double the amount of time.

So statistically we should play Ade defoe in a 442 or defoe vdv in a 451?

Kind of shows that statistics aren't the be all and end all, in the 451 case, defoe as the man up top would not inspire confidence. But it looks like he does deserve a chance starting a couple of games. I just do not think Saha would make much of an impact on games coming off the bench..

Is Tricky, I would ignore Saha's stats just because most of those minutes were not played with our team, and he has not played much with us.

so what you are saying is, now I have been presented with the stats that disprove my theory, I will now ignore that stats - and continue with my argument anyway.

Very impressive.

Last edited:
Oh GHod...ANOTHER defoe fan club thread....can the mods open a seperate board and call it "DEFOE HOMEYS"?

Can't believe how deluded some fans are

:rolleyes:

and I can't believe how phenominally ignorant and rude some so called fans are.

You, like GB and others, are so ignorant that even when the guy plays well and scores goals, you don't have the decency, maturity or humility to admit that you are wrong. So you now try the weak and childish tactic of calling people who recognise the guy for what he does, deluded.

mmm....... I wonder who is actually more likely to be deluded?

so what you are saying is, now I have been presented with the stats that disprove my theory, I will now ignore that stats - and continue with my argument anyway.

Very impressive.

What? I said defoe should start in a 442 with adebayor, how is that not changing my view that he shouldn't start games?

Seriously?

internet macaronspeak

quoted for truth

Abbreviations = macaronspeak?

I'll make sure to point it out when i see you abbreviating something.

What? I said defoe should start in a 442 with adebayor, how is that not changing my view that he shouldn't start games?

Seriously?

Abbreviations = macaronspeak?

I'll make sure to point it out when i see you abbreviating something.

In that case, I apologise unreservedly, I missed that particular point, if thats what you were trying to say - your condemnation of Defoe - saying he had done nothing, before he scored the goal was so silly it temporarily blinded me. You followed it up by saying that he only scored because it was a misplaced pass, and they didn't really care anyway, not exactly a glowing advocacy of his inclusion - is it?

I have no problem with people abbreviating anything, but QFT is just another example of macaronic language use on the internet, whether posted in full or as an acronym, IMHO.

Last edited:
It used to be said that he does not score away, he does now, it used to be sadi he does not score egainst the big teams, he does that now.

It is said he can't play up top on his own, if he was played there , he would probably prove that wrong as well.

makes you wonder what he has to do to overcome the issue that Harry has with him, and the blind prejudice of some fans.

mind you, I'm deluded apparently

City away this season

Yeah but thats not allowed because it was a mistake by a bricky player.

Infact any goals that arise out of mistakes by the opposition defense is not allowed and should be chalked off.

Back