• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

nice read that - it's a funny scenario with JD - as the article says he has over taken Sheringham in our all time goal scoring charts yet he has never really cemented his place as our number one striker during his time here. i like JD and think he's a hard worker and would be gutted if he left as it's good to have players that have a real connection with the club

Jermain Defoe

He looked a proper footballer on Sunday but Clarke Carlisle made a telling comment in a pre-season game. The comm was praising JD for doing extra training to get off to a good start. But CC said that he would have been better off resting because it will catch up with him at the end of the season.

I will admit that JD is not my favourite player but he did bang in a few goals early last term.

ITK has him available for transfer but he does not want to return to Harry.

World Cup season..should he go, if so where and how much?

From the ITK thread

Who: Ryantegan
Where: SC
When; August 20th

ryantegan said: ↑

Anyways. Pinch of salt in one hand please and the knowledge in the other that I should have probably goated. This is because its fairly obvious whose opinion this is.

1. Andros Townsend and Jermain Defoe are available but neither want to play for QPR this season. Townsend compares himself to Sterling and believes that he can be on the plane to Rio. fair play to him for that, but he wants out.

COYS

Last edited:

He looked a proper footballer on Sunday but Clarke Carlisle made a telling comment in a pre-season game. The comm was praising JD for doing extra training to get off to a good start. But CC said that he would have been better off resting because it will catch up with him at the end of the season.

I will admit that JD is not my favourite player but he did bang in a few goals early last term.

ITK has him available for transfer but he does not want to return to Harry.

World Cup season..should he go, if so where and how much?

Defoe will always score goals for Spurs.

It would be foolish to get rid of him.

he will score goals but he will always be inconsistent.
long servant of the club, but we should wean off him and look forward to younger strikers to replace him gradually

All depends what people are willing to offer at the end of the day, 10m+ we snap there hands of and then add to it and buy someone younger.

Defoe will always score goals for Spurs.

It would be foolish to get rid of him.

But at what cost?!?!?!

I don't believe Man Utd, Chelsea, City or ****nal (teams who finish above us now) would have such a player in their regular starting XI, why is that?

Wouldn't be foolish by any means if we replaced him well

Would be silly to sell him now. He has all the motivation needed to score goals for us this season.

Defoe scores goals, if you like him or not he does the job he is paid to do

Getting rid would be a mistake in my eyes....

Doesnt score goals regularly enough and isnt clinical enough. He had two good chances on Sunday, one he partly created for himself but which he then scuffed wide and the other was when near the half way line he was a yard ahead of teh CB and through but both CBs caught him and he didnt even get a shot in.

He's not good enough to be near the starting 11 for a regular top 4 team - this is proven by the fact that no team which is a regular in teh top 4 even moving for him.

Would be good to upgrade him whilst he is still just about young enough to command a reasonable fee

he does the job he is paid to do

Like the two he should have scored on SUnday?!? They really could have come back to bite us given the lead was only 1-0.

No way near clinical enough and misses far too many. Would be good to upgrade

Doesnt score goals regularly enough and isnt clinical enough. He had two good chances on Sunday, one he partly created for himself but which he then scuffed wide and the other was when near the half way line he was a yard ahead of teh CB and through but both CBs caught him and he didnt even get a shot in.

He's not good enough to be near the starting 11 for a regular top 4 team - this is proven by the fact that no team which is a regular in teh top 4 even moving for him.

Would be good to upgrade him whilst he is still just about young enough to command a reasonable fee

I agree mostly with your post but as a backup to Soldado I think he'll be fine. We might get some good money for him which could sway the argument but I feel like the evolution of Spurs might become a revolution if we sell everyone!! I'd keep him. Ade however would be more in the firing line IMO, but that's a different discussion.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Defoe forthe 2nd chance, it was hardly clear cut, but the first one was Defoe's career in a microcosm. Superb build up play and then choked the shot. Defoe on a scoring run buries those 10 times out of 10. Defoe on a lean streak strangely looses his composure in front of goal and apprehensively scuffs the shot. He needs a goal or two and he'll click back into gear again.

Defoe is an impact player best used from the bench. I do not think there is a more dangerous striker in the Premier League from the bench. I would not start him though.

I agree mostly with your post but as a backup to Soldado I think he'll be fine. We might get some good money for him which could sway the argument but I feel like the evolution of Spurs might become a revolution if we sell everyone!! I'd keep him. Ade however would be more in the firing line IMO, but that's a different discussion.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Defoe forthe 2nd chance, it was hardly clear cut, but the first one was Defoe's career in a microcosm. Superb build up play and then choked the shot. Defoe on a scoring run buries those 10 times out of 10. Defoe on a lean streak strangely looses his composure in front of goal and apprehensively scuffs the shot. He needs a goal or two and he'll click back into gear again.

The player you describe in that second paragraph doesn't sound like a very good backup striker at all, and I think it accurately describes Defoe. As a backup player he won't get that run of games to start a scoring run he needs to be effective.

He's also a fairly similar player to Soldado. I suppose that's good if Soldado picks up an injury, but no good if we want to bring him on from the bench to change a game.

I have no problems with Defoe staying, I like the guy and he puts a lot of effort in it seems. He's a good striker and he can score goals. If Baldini can identify a replacement that is younger and fits the role in the squad better and we can bring in him for more or less what we get for Defoe then I say pull the trigger.

The Sun suggests a loan move to Stoke. We tucked them up with 3MP and WP but a loan move would expose the fallacy of JD and Crouch's great partnership.

Shame Bent has gone to Fulham. West Ham have maxed out the wages. Would he go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

The Sun suggests a loan move to Stoke. We tucked them up with 3MP and WP but a loan move would expose the fallacy of JD and Crouch's great partnership.

Shame Bent has gone to Fulham. West Ham have maxed out the wages. Would he go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Wrong to get rid off him. Very inconsistent but capable of being very special. Good for morale and team spirit. Spurs through and through.

Fantastic sub and squad player. If a signing had come on and showed the flashes he had shown [ miss aside ] we were be crowing]

Back