• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Redknapp will finally move for Defoe and attempt to persuade the England international to drop down into the Championship, with Tottenham Hotspur defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto another target.

Defoe has been on Redknapp’s list since Queens Park Rangers were relegated from the Premier League and the former Spurs manager is keen to offer him a platform to enhance his hopes of remaining in contention for the World Cup, should England qualify.

Spurs have spent more than £100 million this summer with the arrival of Spain international Roberto Soldado pushing Defoe further out of the picture and Redknapp is preparing to table an offer in the next 24 hours.

QPR are still facing a huge challenge to convince the 30-year-old to play in the Championship but Redknapp believes he can strike a deal before Monday night’s deadline, after being given the green light by chairman Tony Fernandes.

Assou-Ekotto, 29, has also been targeted by Redknapp in a move that could be around the £2.5 million mark. The Cameroon international has not been named in any of Andre Villas-Boas’s squads so far this season.

Redknapp has already signed six players this summer but confirmed after the 1-0 victory at Leeds United that he wants at least three new additions.

He said: “We’re still looking over the next few days to bring two, three or four more players in that I think could make the difference to us.

“We’ve not got a big squad; 18 players have left so we need to improve the squad. We have three central defenders on our books so there are still areas we can strengthen and we’ll do that in the next few days.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10278370/Queens-Park-Rangers-in-bid-to-land-Spurs-pair-Jermain-Defoe-and-Benoit-Assou-Ekotto.html

Redknapp will finally move for Defoe and attempt to persuade the England international to drop down into the Championship, with Tottenham Hotspur defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto another target.

Defoe has been on Redknapp’s list since Queens Park Rangers were relegated from the Premier League and the former Spurs manager is keen to offer him a platform to enhance his hopes of remaining in contention for the World Cup, should England qualify.

Spurs have spent more than £100 million this summer with the arrival of Spain international Roberto Soldado pushing Defoe further out of the picture and Redknapp is preparing to table an offer in the next 24 hours.

QPR are still facing a huge challenge to convince the 30-year-old to play in the Championship but Redknapp believes he can strike a deal before Monday night’s deadline, after being given the green light by chairman Tony Fernandes.

Assou-Ekotto, 29, has also been targeted by Redknapp in a move that could be around the £2.5 million mark. The Cameroon international has not been named in any of Andre Villas-Boas’s squads so far this season.

Redknapp has already signed six players this summer but confirmed after the 1-0 victory at Leeds United that he wants at least three new additions.

He said: “We’re still looking over the next few days to bring two, three or four more players in that I think could make the difference to us.

“We’ve not got a big squad; 18 players have left so we need to improve the squad. We have three central defenders on our books so there are still areas we can strengthen and we’ll do that in the next few days.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10278370/Queens-Park-Rangers-in-bid-to-land-Spurs-pair-Jermain-Defoe-and-Benoit-Assou-Ekotto.html

Fuk me, bare bones YET again! LOL.

No chance will Defoe leave unless we sign a better replacement

Hope so. His quotes on Thursday seem to suggest he will stay. Okay he might not start too many games, but for me, he is a more than decent back-up for Soldado.
He cant be that bad, 6th in the all-time list at Spurs?

Has looked better than Soldado so far, who has done nothing penalties apart.

Service-Sign.jpg

:-k

Too early to cast any judgment on Soldado, surely. Unlucky not to score from open play yesterday. Managed it in the Europa league away though.

Defoe has had a lot of opportunities in a spurs shirt to show what he can do and to be fair when the service was there he scored goals. Last season he was a disappointment but the team was shaped around bale.

Statto put it well: we shouldn't sell him because Defoe will always score for Spurs.

Too early to cast any judgment on Soldado, surely. Unlucky not to score from open play yesterday. Managed it in the Europa league away though.

Defoe has had a lot of opportunities in a spurs shirt to show what he can do and to be fair when the service was there he scored goals. Last season he was a disappointment but the team was shaped around bale.

Statto put it well: we shouldn't sell him because Defoe will always score for Spurs.

Looks like a better footballer than Soldado , atm. He has set up chances against Palace and Arsenal with good play.

Hopefully Soldado is much better than we have seen.

Looks like a better footballer than Soldado , atm. He has set up chances against Palace and Arsenal with good play.

Hopefully Soldado is much better than we have seen.

Soldado relies on good quality balls into the box and at the moment our final ball is not at that standard. It would not surprise me if he is regretting the move now.

Could say the same about Defoe for his whole career at Spurs. Looks more Darren Bent than Berby SO FAR.

Soldado?

He is more of a Darren Bent type player though than Berbatov so I'm not quite sure what you were expecting. He's a GOALSCORER. I'm sure some people were expecting some beast who woudl hold up and bring others in to play. I said he wouldnt be as good as Adebayor was (11-12) but may end up scoring more than him.

Soldado?

He is more of a Darren Bent type player though than Berbatov so I'm not quite sure what you were expecting. He's a GOALSCORER. I'm sure some people were expecting some beast who woudl hold up and bring others in to play. I said he wouldnt be as good as Adebayor was (11-12) but may end up scoring more than him.

I agree on the parallels that you are drawing but Soldado has a lot more to his game than Bent. His movement in the box is excellent, he reminds me a little of Linekar.

Conspiracy theory, he spoke out against club for treatment of Ade/manny made to train on his own. It was at his charity event the other day ...

Back