• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Replacing BAE with Taiwo who has the worst positional sense for a fb since Alan Hutton. It took us long enough to get rid of him and now we get a left sided version of that imbecile. No thank you.

So you assume I don't follow Pienaar eventhough I reside in his country of birth at the very least.

Just because they play currently as wing-backs does not mean they couldn't play further back. Not to mention this roaming Bale flimflam which tends to push BAE even more further up at the moment.

ROFLOL. Yes because I follow all Emirati players worldwide. Great logic there. I assume you don't follow Pienaar because you come out with stuff like him and Baines not having an understanding and then using Lennon/Corluka as an analogy which was a myth that was apparently busted. Too much mythbusters me thinks.

Don't fret. Once we get Baines we'll have a top class left back who also gives us a better chance when it comes to dead ball scenarios!

People need to cut him some slack. Benny, Walker and Modric have been ridiculously over-used this year - Rose should have been playing in all teh cup to give Benny a break and Charlie should never have been loaned out in Jan so Walker could have a rest

Taiwo wanted regular football and couldn't get ahead of a back 4 of Abate, Nesta (!), Mexes and Silva - so he opted for a loan. If he was so brick - would have been sold and cashed in on.

Patchy? LOL - so you pulled me on confusing the two neighbouring stadium sharing clubs. Well done, pal

The only 'laghable' aspect is you persitent ignorance towards a considerable issue in our squad - which actually proves the initial point about intentional ignorance based on irrational infatuation towards a great 'character'.

Try harder

Feel free to quote any of my posts where I say BAE should not be replaced or where I say he should be replaced. Try and practise a bit what you preach and start reading what I'm typing. I'm bringing you up on your alternatives, you simply can't accept any criticism of them and from what I can see I don't see anyone backing you up on any of them. If anything I've backed you up on Baines .

No because that next man then left an absolutely gaping hole in central defence when he wasn't close enough or fast enough to close down Mata from that position. He hadn't even closed down the angle. All he did was leave BAE with two men, one of them already in full flow and a huge gap to run into.

Had BAE followed Ramires, Mata maybe would have played the ball out wide to Bosingwa. Who would have had the whole of the flank to himself. Say he had crossed to Drogba who then scored. This thread would be entitled exactly the same, except you would be lambasting BAE for drifting inside to a player that wasn't his and leaving Bosingwa with all that time and space to cross.

Taiwo wanted regular football and couldn't get ahead of a back 4 of Abate, Nesta (!), Mexes and Silva - so he opted for a loan. If he was so brick - would have been sold and cashed in on.

Much like Jenas, Bentley, dos Santos etc. but I suppose they are not too bad because we haven't sold them

ROFLOL. Yes because I follow all Emirati players worldwide. Great logic there. I assume you don't follow Pienaar because you come out with stuff like him and Baines not having an understanding and then using Lennon/Corluka as an analogy which was a myth that was apparently busted. Too much mythbusters me thinks.

No - because Pienaar is one of the very few decent exports overseas here and receives substantial coverage in addition to having pretty much all PL game live every weekend.

I never said him an Pienaar don't have an understanding - stop putting words in my mouth. I said you don't need to have Peinaar to get the best out of Baines which appears to be your logic

Jenas, Bentley, Giovani - all loaned out, all unable to sell. Again your logic is not adding up.

Much like Jenas, Bentley, dos Santos etc. but I suppose they are not too bad because we haven't sold them

Taiwo would have been snapped up quickly, imv - very good prospect. Surely if they wanted to sell him someone better than QPR would have been interested

No - because Pienaar is one of the very few decent exports overseas here and receives substantial coverage in addition to having pretty much all PL game live every weekend.

I never said him an Pienaar don't have an understanding - stop putting words in my mouth. I said you don't need to have Peinaar to get the best out of Baines which appears to be your logic

Not what you said, but now makes sense. I'm saying as we already have Pienaar, if we were to get Baines then why not give Pienaar a chance. They will already have a very good understanding whereas getting him to play with Bale may not work out. Where we would put Bale would be another matter but at least it gives us options, something we have not had for a while.

Feel free to quote any of my posts where I say BAE should not be replaced or where I say he should be replaced. Try and practise a bit what you preach and start reading what I'm typing. I'm bringing you up on your alternatives, you simply can't accept any criticism of them and from what I can see I don't see anyone backing you up on any of them. If anything I've backed you up on Baines .

You are critcising my 'alternatives' based on the fact they currently play as wing-backs assuming they'd flop as LBs eventhough they are essentially that in addition to a bit more freedom going forwards

I'd say BAE is very close to a wing-back anyway in the last 15-20 odd games due to Arry's tactical masterstroke of the roaming Bale

Taiwo would have been snapped up quickly, imv - very good prospect. Surely if they wanted to sell him someone better than QPR would have been interested

Or just that, QPR was the ONLY one interested yet couldn't meet his demands for a permanent deal

No because that next man then left an absolutely gaping hole in central defence when he wasn't close enough or fast enough to close down Mata from that position. He hadn't even closed down the angle. All he did was leave BAE with two men, one of them already in full flow and a huge gap to run into.

Had BAE followed Ramires, Mata maybe would have played the ball out wide to Bosingwa. Who would have had the whole of the flank to himself. Say he had crossed to Drogba who then scored. This thread would be entitled exactly the same, except you would be lambasting BAE for drifting inside to a player that wasn't his and leaving Bosingwa with all that time and space to cross.

I can draw a little sketch later to explain my view

Here's a summary

- Mata goes past Parker and is now free to advance forward and do some damage.

- King realises that and goes forward to close him down (basics)

- The very moment Mata was free, BAE should have dropped back to split Ramires and Bosingwa, imv

I'm not disputing that he had tough players to get ahead of, but the point was you cited his "excellent form for QPR and AC Milan". He made four appearances in Serie A for Milan and was very soon unable to get into the side. That is not excellent form by any definition.

You say if he was so brick they'd have sold him, but we all know how hard it can be to shift players that you don't rate. And seriously, letting an experienced player that was signed for the first team go on loan a few months after you sign them is not a vote of confidence from the club!

Not what you said, but now makes sense. I'm saying as we already have Pienaar, if we were to get Baines then why not give Pienaar a chance. They will already have a very good understanding whereas getting him to play with Bale may not work out. Where we would put Bale would be another matter but at least it gives us options, something we have not had for a while.

Assuming Bale goes to the Qatar Foundation or similar next season (likely without CL) - I sincerely doubt we'd be able to find a decent LW replacement so a wing-back could be a decent alternative

If he stays - we could still deploy a wing-back and have Bale drift through the middle which appears to be his preference lately anyway - there is no other way to justify it from Arry otherwise

Last edited:
Thought the looked good in his few CL games earlier in the season tbh.

My understanding for the loan is keeping him fit while Nesta is phased out with Mexes moving in alongside Silva in the centre.

Assuming Bale goes to the Qatar Foundation next season (likely without CL) - I sincerely doubt we'd be able to find a decent LW replacement so a wing-back could be a decent alternative

If he stays - we could still deploy a wing-back and have Bale drift through the middle which appears to be his preference lately anyway - there is no other way to justify it from Arry otherwise

Even if Bale

I think that would work in a 5 man midfield, but we'd need a lone striker ala Drogba.

Back