• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Come on... Spurs have always had a 'comedy cult clown' in their ranks...

MITCHELL THOMAS
FREUND
DOMINGUEZ
ATOUBA
DOHERTY
PALACIOS
BAE

Players whom the crowd somehow take a liking to... but deep down, know their limitations... maybe it's a case of application over ability (in Freund's case, certainly) but in the most part, we've always seemed to have at least ONE of 'those' players in our squads down the years... the worrying thing is, REAL champions don't seem to have one... (unless you count Gus Ceaser for THEM) but on the whole, the biggest clubs seem above all that!
Do we STILL have a mid-table club mentality??

Come on... Spurs have always had a 'comedy cult clown' in their ranks...

MITCHELL THOMAS
FREUND
DOMINGUEZ
ATOUBA
DOHERTY
PALACIOS
BAE

Players whom the crowd somehow take a liking to... but deep down, know their limitations... maybe it's a case of application over ability (in Freund's case, certainly) but in the most part, we've always seemed to have at least ONE of 'those' players in our squads down the years... the worrying thing is, REAL champions don't seem to have one... (unless you count Gus Ceaser for THEM) but on the whole, the biggest clubs seem above all that!
Do we STILL have a mid-table club mentality??

I think we do have a mid-table club mentality to be honest. I thought it every time I'd read the official site during our good run and have them write 'our 9th win in 10 games!' with such glee. It wasn't like they were stating the fact, it was written in a way that they had to pinch themselves it was really happening, and it was quite cringey.

Thought the looked good in his few CL games earlier in the season tbh.

My understanding for the loan is keeping him fit while Nesta is phased out with Mexes moving in alongside Silva in the centre.
But he was failing to get into the team at left back, ahead of players like Antonini and Zambrotta. What does phasing out and bringing in players in the centre have to do with him?

Come to think of it, when you mentioned the players he was competing with before, you mentioned a right back and three centre backs!

Last edited:
Well, Antonini is the better performer so if he moves in into Nesta's position in the centre (part of a Mexes rotation) can free up a spot on the left for him

I think that's stretching a bit to be honest. I'd be willing to bet Taiwo won't become a regular starter for Milan and they'll move him on as soon as they get an offer. Happy to eat humble pie if I'm wrong (although I don't suppose this conversation is quite important enough that anyone would remember it anyway :) ).

Allowed Mata to stroll in behind and if it wasn't for the latter's poor touch - we would have been 0:1 much earlier.

Beaten on numerous occasions down his channel.

At fault for thier 3rd and 5th.

...absolutely nothing to do with having to try and cover for two old, semi-fit centre-backs then eh?

Allowed Mata to stroll in behind and if it wasn't for the latter's poor touch - we would have been 0:1 much earlier.

Beaten on numerous occasions down his channel.

At fault for thier 3rd and 5th.

At fault for their third? Come on...

The thing is - we all knew Drogba would bully Gallas the whole game like a fat kid at school at the queue during break would. So King and Ekotto should have been extra wary. Not to mention thier pace from out wide which Ekotto couldn't cope with and Walker was always on his bakc-foot. They did their homework well and cracked us proper.

I'm really not sure if we watched the same game. Chelsea were brick for much of the match. First-half we had them. Hit the woodwork and Terry goal line clearance. Drogba with a frankly world class goal, world class.

Second-half, they get handed a phantom goal. We keep on playing, keep on doing what we do, build some momentum, Ade is taken out, bale scores but the ref bottles the red card on Cech. Two massive, massive game changers.

Then Harry loses it and throws JD on forgetting he isn't VdV. We lose shape, King and Gallas get tired and suddenly it's a rout. But you'd still blame it all on Benny?

I'm really not sure if we watched the same game. Chelsea were brick for much of the match

Then Harry loses it and throws JD on forgetting he isn't VdV. We lose shape, King and Gallas get tired and suddenly it's a rout. But you'd still blame it all on Benny?

We got embarassed 5:1 - not sure which game you watched

I don't blame it all on BAE - read my first post

Last edited:

You can atleast quote his entire post the next time where he explains his statements(which are the truth btw)

We had tinkle poor luck yesterday and were the much better team in the first half.We were way to open in the end because we had to chase Chelsea's lead which was given to them by the ref and they punished us.

The overall premise of his post somehow suggests Chelsea were mostly brick (his words) throughout and we were unlucky to lose 5:1

Are you honestly going to tell me that is even remotely true based on our play and individual player performances? Bar Parker were absolutely attrocious for most of the game bar a few decent passes before their goal. Nothing to do with luck - simply outplayed and embarassed.

Even if he didn't give the goal - we were still a goal down and looked completely hapless after the break bar that throughball to Ade. If anything - that injustice should have spurred (!) them on for revenge and blood!

First half performances means fudge all if we fall apart in the second.

So basically 6 pages of Arcy being told he is wrong by everybody and still he tries to justify his thoughts, tremendous thread, good one for your post count though Arcy keep it up you'll be at 3k by lunchtime

The overall premise of his post somehow suggest Chelsea were mostly brick throughout and were unlucky to lose 5:1

Are you honestly going to tell me that is even remotely true based on our play and individual player performances. Bar Parker were absolutely attrocious for most of the game bar a few decent passes before their goal. Nothing to do with luck - simply outplayed and embarassed.

Even if he didn't give the goal - we were still a goal down and looked completely hapless after the break bar that throughball to Ade in the second half. If anything - that injustice should have spurred them on for revenge and blood!

First half performances means fudge all if we fall apart in the second.

We fell apart because we had to chase a lead which was given to them by the ref and Harry made the wrong sub at the wrong time.

The first half indicates that our team did just fine,and that it should have been atleast 1-1.

We got outplayed and embarassed in the last 10 minutes when we didn't have the strength,moral,power and will to fight back.

I've been saying it for a couple of years now. Benoit infuriates me how easily he'll let his man strole past him on a break (and crosses coming in from the left hand side). Kalou's first ball through on the break saw Benoit switch off to his man and on several other occassions. However, the third goal wasn't the case. Ledders got completely drawn out of position and BAE had to try and track back to Ramires, Ledders was completely at fault there, he just dropped his man when Parker was already picking up Mata. I'm surprised a lot of people are only just accepting this major, major fault of his, as he has always done it. His marking is very poor.

He also sits too compact against proper wide players, which means the cross has often gone in by the time he has tried to chase his man down. When you look at these glaringly obvious errors, I always think it's a bit of a joke when people start trying to compare him against someone like Evra. He's alright, that's it really.

We fell apart because we had to chase a lead which was given to them by the ref and Harry made the wrong sub at the wrong time.

Even at 1:2 we should have had all the momentum and drive to push on for the equialiser but never really manged to threaten or even put some pressure one. Who is to blame for that - the ref? Arry got it wrong, our back 4 were absolutely attorcious and the rest bar Parker invisible.

Even at 1:2 we should have had all the momentum and drive to push on for the equialiser but never really manged to threaten or even put some pressure one. Who is to blame for that - the ref? Arry got it wrong, our back 4 were absolutely attorcious and the rest bar Parker invisible.

I thought Lennon made a good account of himself in defence. He was the only one bar Parker that really had a desire to put them under pressure. I'm sure he will have covered some yards. Shame he didn't try to take it on when we broke centrally and he put it wide to Walker. A lot of blue bodies in the way still but I reckon he could have got a shot off. Yesterday lacked urgency for me. Harry was to blame for making it 4-4-2, but even before that, we just allowed them to carry the ball for too large amounts of time without pressure.

So basically 6 pages of Arcy being told he is wrong by everybody and still he tries to justify his thoughts, tremendous thread, good one for your post count though Arcy keep it up you'll be at 3k by lunchtime

What's your problem with him, pal?

We may well have his replacement in our mist already. Kyle naughtiness has played there for Norwich and played very well.

I believe he has covered more ground than any player in the league this season too

He may have signed as a right back but he could be our answer on the left!!!!

How dare you arc, he is no LB, he is a playmaker, didnt you know this ?

LOL. i love it.

this is pretty much all i expect from you, comedy relief and humour.

its good that some people see the bigger picture in middle of the club's mini meltdown and not take things too seriously

Back