• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

taiwo, physically strong, athletic, sweet left foot and good technique on the strike. defensively has many chinks in the arumour

basically like kyle walker but with better strike but not as good defenisve awareness and seeing as kyle walker in defensive awareness is average at best thats saying quite a bit

fully convinced now that someone is talking out of their arse and only uses highlights , story telling and computer ratings to assess a footballer

and before anyone asks, many nigerians follow the big name nigerian footabllers and they know taiwo defensively is lacking. jeeeez

taiwo, physically strong, athletic, sweet left foot and good technique on the strike. defensively has many chinks in the arumour

basically like kyle walker but with better strike but not as good defenisve awareness and seeing as kyle walker in defensive awareness is average at best thats saying quite a bit

fully convinced now that someone is talking out of their arse and only uses highlights , story telling and computer ratings to assess a footballer

and before anyone asks, many nigerians follow the big name nigerian footabllers and they know taiwo defensively is lacking. jeeeez

Not what we need at all really. BAE is good going forwards but doesn't get to go forward half as much as he used to with Bale in front of him. We need defence from our fullbacks really. At least, if we keep with our wingers we do.

We may well have his replacement in our mist already. Kyle naughtiness has played there for Norwich and played very well.

I believe he has covered more ground than any player in the league this season too

He may have signed as a right back but he could be our answer on the left!!!!

KN would be backup for left back, his primary position is right back. He will be providing much needed competition to Walker who quite frankly has played too many games this season, it's not possible to be at peak condition for so many games.

KN would be backup for left back, his primary position is right back. He will be providing much needed competition to Walker who quite frankly has played too many games this season, it's not possible to be at peak condition for so many games.

Walker has played a hell of a lot and clearly his fitness isn't an issue.

Naughton looks a really solid player at left back but he we will see what we do with him

Chivu is on a free this summer and apparently we are interested in some lad from man u. I always liked chivu but not seen him recently, now whenever i see romanian footballers i wonder if there sisters work on myfreecams.

Think no matter what happens rose is a goner probably go some place and really bloom as a player.

I personally thought King was at fault for the third. BAE was watching Bosingwa and King should have covered Ramires but pushed forward

ramiresgoal2.jpg

ramiresgoal3.jpg

ramiresgoal4.jpg

Are there still anyone blaming this one on Ekotto after 6 pages?

This is a typical example, King does poorly, Walker is too far back so Ramires isn't offside, Ekotto was staying fairly close to Bosingwa (if he hadn't and the ball was passed to Boswingwa I'm sure people would have been complaining that Ekotto wasn't close enough to Bosingwa), Bale was... Where was Bale exactly? And yet, those that don't rate Ekotto blame the goal on Ekotto...

Not the first, and I'm guessing not the last time a goal that wasn't Ekotto's fault gets blamed on him and those that don't rate him use that as an explanation to keep not liking Ekotto.

Cheers to Mullet for posting the pics so I didn't have to go digging around :)

I wouldn't swap him for anyone. I've also read he's played just about as many minutes as anyone else in Europe this season, players get tired but he's still playing at a very high level.

LOL. i love it.

this is pretty much all i expect from you, comedy relief and humour.

its good that some people see the bigger picture in middle of the club's mini meltdown and not take things too seriously

As long as you are not expecting any other form of relief from me, I'm fine with that. :)

Right, I'm just going to say it. Why don't we stick Bale back at left back? Seriously. This him-being-Messi-all-over-the-pitch nonsense simply isn't working. He's even gotten a bit lazy and isn't tracking back as good as he used to, leaving Benny(Who's been solid overall this season despite a lapse here and there IMO) exposed way too often. With Bale at left back he'd have more defensive responsibilities, making sure he works his way back, GHod knows he has the stamina. Offensively, it'd be like Dani Alves. He'd constantly have yards of space infront of him, teams would be unable to double him regularly with a full back and a wide player and this would give us more attacking options IMO, enabling us to field a forward/attacking mid on the left who's actually comfortable drifting inside.

This would also allow us to play two out of Parker/Sandro/Huddlestone where one could slide back to defense when Bale and or Walker move up. Or play Corluka(boy could we do with him...) who likes to stay back a bit and is a better passer than Walker always keeping 3 at the back.

Now I'm not recommending this full time, but in games like against Sunderland and Stoke, where they sit back from the start, Bale's pace gets nullified a bit. This way, he has space to work with, we keep our width much better and get an extra player in the middle who can meet crosses in the box and occupy defenders.

Right, I'm just going to say it. Why don't we stick Bale back at left back? Seriously. This him-being-Messi-all-over-the-pitch nonsense simply isn't working. He's even gotten a bit lazy and isn't tracking back as good as he used to, leaving Benny(Who's been solid overall this season despite a lapse here and there IMO) exposed way too often. With Bale at left back he'd have more defensive responsibilities, making sure he works his way back, GHod knows he has the stamina. Offensively, it'd be like Dani Alves. He'd constantly have yards of space infront of him, teams would be unable to double him regularly with a full back and a wide player and this would give us more attacking options IMO, enabling us to field a forward/attacking mid on the left who's actually comfortable drifting inside.

This would also allow us to play two out of Parker/Sandro/Huddlestone where one could slide back to defense when Bale and or Walker move up. Or play Corluka(boy could we do with him...) who likes to stay back a bit and is a better passer than Walker always keeping 3 at the back.

Now I'm not recommending this full time, but in games like against Sunderland and Stoke, where they sit back from the start, Bale's pace gets nullified a bit. This way, he has space to work with, we keep our width much better and get an extra player in the middle who can meet crosses in the box and occupy defenders.

Yes!

Was saying this last season as well. A "wonky" with Bale at left back could be very good against bus-parking teams.

This is a typical example, King does poorly, Walker is too far back so Ramires isn't offside, Ekotto was staying fairly close to Bosingwa (if he hadn't and the ball was passed to Boswingwa I'm sure people would have been complaining that Ekotto wasn't close enough to Bosingwa), Bale was... Where was Bale exactly? And yet, those that don't rate Ekotto blame the goal on Ekotto...

Not the first, and I'm guessing not the last time a goal that wasn't Ekotto's fault gets blamed on him and those that don't rate him use that as an explanation to keep not liking Ekotto.

Please read my suggested pattern of movement few pages earlier (response to Malcolm X or similar) and at the very least consider what I'm suggesting as opposed to regurgetating the standard pro-BAE ammo after the latest ****-up

I wouldn't swap him for anyone. I've also read he's played just about as many minutes as anyone else in Europe this season, players get tired but he's still playing at a very high level.

Mostly because there's no one better which is part of my initial suggestion - we desperately need some healthy competition for his and Lennon's spots

It definitely wasn't Ekotto's fault. King shouldn't have stepped to Mata, he was marking Ramires and both Gallas and Benny were too far away to track in time. However, if you look at the first shot, it show's how woefully out of shape we were as well.

Defoe is making up the bank of four compliment as Bale is nowhere to be seen. In a perfect world, Modric should be covering our left wing, allowing Benny to drop back onto Ramires and tidy up the back line, instead of having Gallas and King so far apart. Parker and Defoe shouldn't be so central as they have left Modric with two players... There is just too much room for Chelsea. That first picture is shocking. And going from memory, it didn't all happen so quickly that they should be allowed that room, we were just badly out of shape.

The ultimate fudge up is going 4-4-2 really as Harry doesn't seem to ask Bale to defend much these days. Which in itself is a glaring error as the only way Bale gets to run is if he comes from deep. The more he defends, the more he gets opportunity to catch the back four out, outside of a counter attack.

I think BAE plays better with better defenders. King is losing it a bit and Gallas got battered yesterday. You are asking BAE to be a central defender and a left back.

I also think Bale was really brick at helping out BAE yesterday and providing cover. I think Bale is a ponce and needs someone to fudging give him a kick up the backside and stop prancing around like a superstar (which he is not YET)

Please read my suggested pattern of movement few pages earlier (response to Malcolm X or similar) and at the very least consider what I'm suggesting as opposed to regurgetating the standard pro-BAE ammo after the latest ****-up

BAE should have been further back and anticipated for King to move upwards

Is this the one? If there is another one in here somewhere please re-post and let me know as I couldn't find it.

To me this makes no sense. He should expect King to leave his position and zone to press up when he didn't have to and slot into the centre back position, leaving Bosingwa completely alone. If this was how he regularly acted he would be (rightly) slated for it.

It definitely wasn't Ekotto's fault. King shouldn't have stepped to Mata, he was marking Ramires and both Gallas and Benny were too far away to track in time. However, if you look at the first shot, it show's how woefully out of shape we were as well.

Defoe is making up the bank of four compliment as Bale is nowhere to be seen. In a perfect world, Modric should be covering our left wing, allowing Benny to drop back onto Ramires and tidy up the back line, instead of having Gallas and King so far apart. Parker and Defoe shouldn't be so central as they have left Modric with two players... There is just too much room for Chelsea. That first picture is shocking. And going from memory, it didn't all happen so quickly that they should be allowed that room, we were just badly out of shape.

The ultimate fudge up is going 4-4-2 really as Harry doesn't seem to ask Bale to defend much these days. Which in itself is a glaring error as the only way Bale gets to run is if he comes from deep. The more he defends, the more he gets opportunity to catch the back four out, outside of a counter attack.

This to me is the key.

Zonal marking 101 - as a defender do not leave your zone unless you have to close down someone who are getting a shot on goal. This is especially true as a central defender.

Back