• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

A good defender would have read the situation better (anticipated King would go to Mata) and dropped back earlier

For all the **** Terry gets - he's quite possibly one of the best 'readers' out there which often makes your defensive duties half as easy. BAE is always reactive, not proactive.

lol

So he simply says - 'nah, that's Ledley's player, why bother..'

Okay, then

He wouldn't make the bench at a Top 6 PL club - single most overrated player after Corluka

Two questions

1. Are you seriously suggesting he wouldn't make LB at Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Arsenal
2. Did we suddenly drop to 7th? Because as far as I know he plays LB for a Top 4 club never mind top 6.

I personally thought King was at fault for the third. BAE was watching Bosingwa and King should have covered Ramires but pushed forward

ramiresgoal1.jpg

ramiresgoal2.jpg

ramiresgoal3.jpg

ramiresgoal4.jpg

The thing is - we all knew Drogba would bully Gallas the whole game like a fat kid at school at the queue during break would. So King and Ekotto should have been extra wary. Not to mention thier pace from out wide which Ekotto couldn't cope with and Walker was always on his bakc-foot. They did their homework well and cracked us proper.

Or we could played that big lad on the bench instead. Gallas was directly at fault for 4 of the 5 goals.

If you know your football, then judging from them photos above, its Kings fault. There is no need for King to step up to him. Scott Parker is right next to Mata and Gallas is also spare, seeing as Walker has Drogba.

Ekotto only looks like the bad guy as he's busting a gut to try and get back and stop the goal.

Two questions

1. Are you seriously suggesting he wouldn't make LB at Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Arsenal
2. Did we suddenly drop to 7th? Because as far as I know he plays LB for a Top 4 club never mind top 6.

I said he's over-rated at our club.

Arsenal have that Brazilian LB (Santos?) who's looked the part this season - doubt would BAE be ahead of him. The other Top 6 club I was referring to was Liverpool and Enrique is ahead of him, imv

Ekotto's desire was questionable yesterday, I noticed Bale having to cover for him on a fair few occasions as Benny caught out of position was making little attempt to get back into it. But that's the problem I've always had with Benny, he's far to unpredictable one game looking fairly decent, the next you question whether he has a brain, when he takes delight in doing the "Ekotto turn" in our own penalty area. Benny is a decent player as backup, but like a few positions in the squad left back needs an upgrade.

I personally thought King was at fault for the third. BAE was watching Bosingwa and King should have covered Ramires but pushed forward

ramiresgoal1.jpg

ramiresgoal2.jpg

ramiresgoal3.jpg

ramiresgoal4.jpg

Looking at those pics you can see clearly it's King that lets Ramires go as BAE is covering the man on the win. He tries to recover King's error but it's too much ground to make up. On another matter why isn't Walker moving up with the line as well, he's playing Ramires onside.

Looking at those pics you can see clearly it's King that lets Ramires go as BAE is covering the man on the win. He tries to recover King's error but it's too much ground to make up. On another matter why isn't Walker moving up with the line as well, he's playing Ramires onside.

Walker's still got a lot to learn about defending. Given the right coaching he could be a brilliant right back.

I'm sorry what? Is Andre Santos your solution for left back? Actually what is your solution? All I hear is bitching yet nowhere have you actually suggested who to replace Benny with.

Allowed Mata to stroll in behind and if it wasn't for the latter's poor touch - we would have been 0:1 much earlier.

Beaten on numerous occasions down his channel.

At fault for thier 3rd and 5th.

He is a great Character but as you say he costs us a lot, he turned his back on a challenge and lost the ball high up the pitch yesterday and the ball was played in behind him, he did not even jog back let alone sprint, it was right in front of me he did not give a brick.

I'm sorry what? Is Andre Santos your solution for left back? Actually what is your solution? All I hear is bitching yet nowhere have you actually suggested who to replace Benny with.

This is a good point and one I have made for a while, it is going to be really difficult to upgrade the players we have, it is going to take CL and a lot of money to do it.

I suggested a few names couple of weeks back.

Here's just a few

Maxwell
Baines (the obvious choice, please Levy)
Bastos (top player)
Taiwo (hard to persuade)
Perrreira
Coentrao (most likely impossible)

Didn't say Santos is the solution - attempt to read / comprehend before deciding what I've written

I suggested a few names couple of weeks back.

Here's just a few

Maxwell
Baines (the obvious choice, please Levy)
Bastos (top player)
Taiwo (hard to persuade)
Perrreira
Coentrao (most likely impossible)

Didn't say Santos is the solution - attempt to read / comprehend before deciding what I've written

I really like Perreira. That's the Porto one right? He would be very expensive I would imagine. Besides, I still think we have more important areas to address than this. He's slacked recently for sure, but on the whole hes been good this season.

Not good enough to be in a team challenging for titles. Hes poor in every big game.

I dont care if he is at fault for the goals yesterday, he just looked under pressure all the time and couldnt pass it to a team mate.

Back