• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Bilic is appealing to me too.
Kind of off the radar now to take the pressure off of the appointment, but with enough predigree to satisfy most fans
Judging by Croatia, he played controlled attacking football focusing on a couple of playmakers. Our current squad balance is not dissimilar to the Croatia squad

I could live with Bilic.

I like his football, but I reckon he'd either be amazing or a disaster. Doesn't strike me as the type who does inbetween.

Maybe its a possibility after all. Doesn't sound from his statement that he's ruling anything out :-k

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/12/19/4491316/-

The Dutch manager is a frontrunner to succeed the axed Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane and concedes he is flattered by the speculation
Ajax manager Frank de Boer says he would be “honoured” to be considered for the vacant manager's position at Tottenham.

Spurs have been without a permanent boss since Andre Villas-Boas was dismissed on Monday, with Tim Sherwood taking over the reins for the club's 2-1 Capital One Cup defeat against West Ham on Wednesday evening.

De Boer has been heavily linked with succeeding Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane and admits he is flattered to be considered among the contenders, even though he remains focussed on his current job.

“If there is interest from Spurs, I am very honoured,” the 43-year-old told Fox Sports. “But I have my full attention at Ajax.”

Earlier on Thursday, De Boer's agent, Guido Albers, revealed that the former Netherlands international had been made aware of Tottenham's interest, though the north Londoners have yet to make an official approach.

“Through several channels it became clear to me that Spurs would have an interest,” revealed Albers.

“But the club did not come to Ajax. So from our point of view there is not much to say about it. Frank isn't even thinking about it. He's fully focusing on Ajax.”

De Boer has won three consecutive Eredivisie titles with Ajax and, were he to move to Tottenham, would be reunited with former charges Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen.

Last edited:
Sometimes though it's right club right time especially for younger managers still working their way into the game. He has shown he can play good football and work with technical players - also showed some quite innovative formations and approaches with Croatia. Plus he knows the PL albeit a while back.

Not saying he is Fergieesque but certainly not a ridiculous idea.

Maybe its a possibility after all. Doesn't sound from his statement that he's ruling anything out :-k

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/12/19/4491316/-

The Dutch manager is a frontrunner to succeed the axed Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane and concedes he is flattered by the speculation
Ajax manager Frank de Boer says he would be “honoured” to be considered for the vacant manager's position at Tottenham.

Spurs have been without a permanent boss since Andre Villas-Boas was dismissed on Monday, with Tim Sherwood taking over the reins for the club's 2-1 Capital One Cup defeat against West Ham on Wednesday evening.

De Boer has been heavily linked with succeeding Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane and admits he is flattered to be considered among the contenders, even though he remains focussed on his current job.

“If there is interest from Spurs, I am very honoured,” the 43-year-old told Fox Sports. “But I have my full attention at Ajax.”

Earlier on Thursday, De Boer's agent, Guido Albers, revealed that the former Netherlands international had been made aware of Tottenham's interest, though the north Londoners have yet to make an official approach.

“Through several channels it became clear to me that Spurs would have an interest,” revealed Albers.

“But the club did not come to Ajax. So from our point of view there is not much to say about it. Frank isn't even thinking about it. He's fully focusing on Ajax.”

De Boer has won three consecutive Eredivisie titles with Ajax and, were he to move to Tottenham, would be reunited with former charges Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen.

He is playing the game....why wouldnt he hitch his skirt....at worst he will get better terms possibly with Ajax.....

I dont for a minute think he's not interested........Ajax is a renowned club but epl germany & spain is where the spotlight is.........and we have alot of talent here............

a bad day vs southampton could see things move quickly....he seems to be the popular choice here and at the very least going by the media coverage we have made initial maybe tentative enquiries.

Frank De Boer: is he all that?

His managerial profile looks similar to AVB...So what will he bring long-term that AVB wouldn't/couldn't have?

His managerial profile looks similar to AVB...So what will he bring long-term that AVB wouldn't/couldn't have?

dunno mate its all pie in the sky........basically we need someone to galvanise the players.......

though I would imagine FDB would get a little less grief from the press that would make his job easier......he would command respect maybe being a useful player that he was.........

putting aside AVB what would you do to sort us out and get us going?

The only thing right now that we have to tempt a manager to WHL is a shiny new training centre and lots of talented young players all looking for some stability. I think as a potential manager you would have to consider the resources available (players and transfer funds) and how you could use them. In our case, I think any manager that goes for this job will have been tempted not by the size of the wage packet but by the players. I look at our squad and see Soldado, Paulinho, Lloris and Vetonghen, four senior internationals of good quality, four very exciting young attacking players who have won a raft of applause from across Europe (Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela and Townsend), all complimented by many other good players. The squad we have does need to be trimmed imo but with the options there any coach could mould it into something they like.

dunno mate its all pie in the sky........basically we need someone to galvanise the players.......

though I would imagine FDB would get a little less grief from the press that would make his job easier......he would command respect maybe being a useful player that he was.........

If Sherwood gets smacked vs Arsenal as I expect, I would get Hiddink in immediately and pay him whateer it takes until the season's end.

I think one of the main reasons I keep thinking Bielsa is because he is available right now, no f**king about.

Just give it to him, if he's crap then sack him at the end of the season when a whole load of managers will be available.

If I was to choose a coach who might take us into the Champions League THIS season, and my choice was either Sherwood or Bielsa, then I choose the nutty Argentinian every time.

Bielsa would be another AVB (or Ramos) in that he'd be targeted immediately by the press and employ some methods that could be seen as 'unorthodox', especially by our British-bred players.

I can see Neil Ashton and Martin Samuel's headlines now

Let them have a good xmas, with all the crap flying around, giving them a chance to clear their heads would be good. Morale must be raised.
Tell the press unequivocally that we are building something for the future and to expect some speed bumps.
Teach the players to move off the ball. We rarely saw it under AVB and look so static.
Shooting practice for 2 hours a day until they can all hit an apple of an old ladies head from a variety of areas using either foot. I mean honestly, our shot conversion rate right now is aweful.
Pick a first 11 and play them as often as I can until they know what's going on and their movements become second nature.

> He was a truly world class player. Long distinguished career with Holland (112 caps), Ajax and Barca. The de Boer name carries weight in the world game.

> As a player, won a load of league titles, a CL and UEFA Cup.

> Currently challenging for his 4th Eredivise title in a row as head coach, a harder league than Portugal I'd say.

> Has international managerial experience as assistant with Holland during their run to WC final in 2010.

> 7 or 8 years older than AVB, thus has that extra bit of life experience/maturity.

> Presumably speaks Spanish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_de_Boer

That CV and that name is easily, easily, easily, easily good enough for Spurs head coach in my view.

That said, I strongly don't believe he'll leave Ajax mid-season.

If we could wrangle both De Boer and Bergkamp, that would make up for the cluster**** that has ensued thus far.

Back