• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
I don't think he is the best manager around but I could quite like Benitez if he were to become available. Knows the league, wins trophies. Plays reasonably decent football and has good organisation. Also multi lingual so would be good for Soldado and Lamela. Experienced but not to so old that he couldn't build something and finally comfortable working with a DOF.

I rate spalletti being the best coach for spurs at this point in time from the list. Spalletti's teams have played attractive football so yeah, he would be the pick from those options in my opinion.

I don't think he is the best manager around but I could quite like Benitez if he were to become available. Knows the league, wins trophies. Plays reasonably decent football and has good organisation. Also multi lingual so would be good for Soldado and Lamela. Experienced but not to so old that he couldn't build something and finally comfortable working with a DOF.

Benitez isnt a bad shout but a)he prob wouldnt want to come after settling in italy & napoli are better than us b)he would be mega expensive to buy out of his contract c) I dont think his style 2dm will endear him to our faithful.

I rate spalletti being the best coach for spurs at this point in time from the list. Spalletti's teams have played attractive football so yeah, he would be the pick from those options in my opinion.

doesnt set the pulse racing but he could be what we need......surely something better will come round in the summer......if tims not up to it we may as well give hoddle six months then re-asses......this is a total mess......really hope our big players dont want out in the summer....lloris verts sandro

Benitez isnt a bad shout but a)he prob wouldnt want to come after settling in italy & napoli are better than us b)he would be mega expensive to buy out of his contract c) I dont think his style 2dm will endear him to our faithful.

I did say if he were to become available. He's doing quite well there but is already 8 points of the lead. Don't forget need top 4 for CL in Italy now as Germany took their fourth spot. Outside chance he could be available in the summer - they are fairly free with their sackings in Italy.

I wouldn't be so sure he's be that expensive to buy out - Napoli aren't loaded. We paid £5m for Harry and I'd guess he would be cheaper than that.

As for the football his teams aren't that dull - that Liverpool team that almost won the league were awesome. I remember them destroying Real at Anfield with some of the best football I'd seen in years.

I did say if he were to become available. He's doing quite well there but is already 8 points of the lead. Don't forget need top 4 for CL in Italy now as Germany took their fourth spot. Outside chance he could be available in the summer - they are fairly free with their sackings in Italy.

I wouldn't be so sure he's be that expensive to buy out - Napoli aren't loaded. We paid £5m for Harry and I'd guess he would be cheaper than that.

As for the football his teams aren't that dull - that Liverpool team that almost won the league were awesome. I remember them destroying Real at Anfield with some of the best football I'd seen in years.

yeah you did say that sorry........

well who knows............at this point I really dont know anymore........what other managers do you think we should consider other than Rafa??

Spalletti is a bit of a pragmatist. His Zenit team are a largely counter attacking 433 team. He played 460 at Roma because of his lack of strikers.

Was looking at Spalletti. Wiki:

Spalletti's favoured formation is the 4–2–3–1 system, where he uses 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 2 wingers (both sides of the 3), 1 attacking midfielder, and 1 striker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Spalletti

Sounds a bit familiar. So, how are Zenit doing at the moment?

Zenit have appeared disjointed in recent weeks. There is a lack of organisation or a game plan – what plan they have seems to centre around giving the ball to Hulk and seeing what the Brazil forward can conjure. Incidentally, the 27-year-old, with 23 attempts, had more shots on target during the group phase than any other player, perhaps hinting at an overreliance on the powerful No7.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/blogs/blog=ucl_blog_russia/postid=2036647.html

Erm, that seems to ring a bell too.

Oh Lord, someone get Franco to Schiphol, quick.

yeah you did say that sorry........

well who knows............at this point I really dont know anymore........what other managers do you think we should consider other than Rafa??

Well there aren't many who are available so we'll likely need to target a smaller club and pay them off. Also a lot of them seem to have just joined clubs.

I would have quite liked van Marwijk but just checked and he signed for Hamburg in September.

Potentially could steal Berndt Schuster from Malaga as they have no money now, he plays decent attacking football.

Would never happen but I loved the Argies at 06 WC - Pekerman would be cool.

Other options to consider I guess:

Vítor Pereira - Surely gettable unless he wants a cushty life in Saudi
Montella - May not want to leave Italy - maybe his spell at Fulham gave him a thirst for over here
Cocu - Built up a lot of experience as a coach
Slaven Bilic - Died off a bit but did well for Croatia
Paulo Bento - Probably not till after WC
Unai Emery - Only just joined Seville

So there are options available, how viable they all are I don't know. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can give more detailed analysis on some of these options.

According to the Standard he has said no.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frank-de-boer-turns-down-tottenham-9015189.html

Frank de Boer turns down Tottenham

Frank assessment: De Boer has told Spurs that he is committed to Ajax

Simon Johnson
Published: 19 December 2013
Updated: 16:11, 19 December 2013

Frank de Boer has rejected an approach from Tottenham to be their manager.

It was reported in Holland today that technical director Franco Baldini has already made an enquiry for the former Holland defender but has been told he is committed to Ajax.

De Boer signed a four-year contract in the summer and even if he was to have a change of heart the former Ajax player would certainly not leave the club mid season.

The news is a blow to Spurs, who sacked Andre Villas-Boas on Monday and crashed out of the Capital One Cup last night, losing 2-1 to West Ham.

It is understood that Baldini saw De Boer as the man to revive Spurs, having impressed since taking over at Ajax in 2010.

The club are in contention to win their fourth Dutch championship in a row and beat Barcelona last month, although they just missed out on a place in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Spurs duo Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen have spoken in the past about how much they enjoyed playing under De Boer and he has a reputation for playing entertaining football and doing well with younger players.

Tim Sherwood is in temporary charge of the team and Spurs could leave him in the role until the summer and then make a new approach for De Boer.

Liverpool invited the 43-year-old for an interview when they were looking for a coach in the summer of 2012 but he also turned them down.

Sherwood is unsure if he wants the job but was expected to meet with chairman Daniel Levy today to talk about the situation.

He said: “I don’t know if I’ll be Spurs boss. I haven’t spoken to the chairman. We have to have a chat and see. It has to fit me and the club.”

Villas-Boas was sacked by Levy after just 18 months in charge as he paid the price for a string of poor results, culminating in a humiliating 5-0 reverse to Liverpool on Sunday.

Last edited:
Thats no different to what has generally been reported for the last 24 hours.

I am really concerned about our options currently. I would hope that before getting rid of AVB some preliminary enquires were put out especially if it is true that the club had started to lose faith in him after the Emirates Marketing Project result. I can't believe that they have taken the action they have now only to be willing to write off the rest of the year under the potential leadership of an interim manager especially given the fact we are still, despite the **** results, in a reasonable position in the league and could with a decent run still be in with a shout of the champions league places.

Heres hoping for an appointment after the Southampton game. I won't hold my breath though.

Frank De Boer for me without a doubt , Ajax have always played the Tottenham way

Well there aren't many who are available so we'll likely need to target a smaller club and pay them off. Also a lot of them seem to have just joined clubs.

I would have quite liked van Marwijk but just checked and he signed for Hamburg in September.

Potentially could steal Berndt Schuster from Malaga as they have no money now, he plays decent attacking football.

Would never happen but I loved the Argies at 06 WC - Pekerman would be cool.

Other options to consider I guess:

Vítor Pereira - Surely gettable unless he wants a cushty life in Saudi
Montella - May not want to leave Italy - maybe his spell at Fulham gave him a thirst for over here
Cocu - Built up a lot of experience as a coach
Slaven Bilic - Died off a bit but did well for Croatia
Paulo Bento - Probably not till after WC
Unai Emery - Only just joined Seville

So there are options available, how viable they all are I don't know. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can give more detailed analysis on some of these options.

some interesting one's there I hadn't considered.....

bilic could be cool and cheese off the spammers..

Thats no different to what has generally been reported for the last 24 hours.

I am really concerned about our options currently. I would hope that before getting rid of AVB some preliminary enquires were put out especially if it is true that the club had started to lose faith in him after the Emirates Marketing Project result. I can't believe that they have taken the action they have now only to be willing to write off the rest of the year under the potential leadership of an interim manager especially given the fact we are still, despite the **** results, in a reasonable position in the league and could with a decent run still be in with a shout of the champions league places.

Heres hoping for an appointment after the Southampton game. I won't hold my breath though.

Harry replaced Ramos under 24 hours i think (although granted he take charge of the Bolton game - but was in the role)

some interesting one's there I hadn't considered.....

bilic could be cool and cheese off the spammers..

Bilic is appealing to me too.
Kind of off the radar now to take the pressure off of the appointment, but with enough predigree to satisfy most fans
Judging by Croatia, he played controlled attacking football focusing on a couple of playmakers. Our current squad balance is not dissimilar to the Croatia squad

having a look at our manager history, something interesting struck me -

we have only ever THREE managers that have lasted longer than about 4 years (McWilliam, Bill Nic, Burkinshaw - all of whom WON SOMETHING)
most have been considerably less

Suspect there could be a manager of a certain Welsh club available shortly...after dealing with Vincent Tan, he might see our own Mr Levy as Santa Claus.

Back