• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

That Belgium team is ridiculous and he has won exactly nothing with them... thats a no from me... unless the alternative is truly Southgate or Gattoso

He's never been high up my list precisely for the reason which you mention. However, he's only been Belgium manager since August 2016 so only had one major tournament with them...at which Belgium came 3rd (lost to France in the semis).

Therefore whilst I had other preferred managers, I actually think he's fine and also think he's gettable. Given where we are, we need to bring some certainty to the process

Did anyone hear the interview of Dean Austin on the The Spurs Show? In the second half (link below) he talked about potential Spurs managers, specifically Rogers, Martinez and Potter. This talk about manager starts at approx minute 46:55. Apologies if this was posted before, I did NOT scroll through the thread to check.

Btw, he had a great comment about the NLD result in March at 1:05:26.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...t-2-spursshowlive/id261350282?i=1000524324464

I remember Austin being torn to pieces by Ginola once, when Ginola was at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It got so bad, Ginola turning him inside and out, that Austin fell face first into the turf. I have to say it was great hearing a former player speak so passionately about the team.

That Belgium team is ridiculous and he has won exactly nothing with them... thats a no from me... unless the alternative is truly Southgate or Gattoso

Martinez is most likely Belgium's most successful manager of the modern era. His predecessors were way worse than this. I don't think the Belgium team is that talented. They have Courtois, De Bruyne, Lukaku and that is it. Eden Hazard is a shadow of himself. Tielemans, Thorgan Hazard are good but not world beaters. Vertonghen and Alderwiereld are past it. Belgium are good but I don't see them as faves to win the Euros as there are a few teams with stronger squads.

Back