• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I didn’t take it that way.
90% of people watching won’t have a clue what’s going on with our quest to find a manager.

gonad*s everyone who watches football knows and even the girls at work who don't follow football. Keep asking me why spurs, that's your team isn't Ben, why do they keep coming up on my social media as a joke team.

Would prefer:
Potter
Martinez
Favre

Really dont rate Southgate

I’m on the Martinez train. I feel like if it was a club guy we need to pay comp for we would have done it already. (Unless there’s some calculation that by playing off these other candidates we can somehow reduce the comp fee…but I’m not sure how that outweighs the benefits of getting them in and working)

I think he’s talented, creative, tactically flexible, his Belgium experience has gained him credibility with bigger egos / players. And he’ll coach players, won’t need the budgets of other guys.

Unless Ten Hag comes out of the woodwork, or Valverde somehow becomes realistic, I feel like RM makes the most sense.

I’m on the Martinez train. I feel like if it was a club guy we need to pay comp for we would have done it already. (Unless there’s some calculation that by playing off these other candidates we can somehow reduce the comp fee…but I’m not sure how that outweighs the benefits of getting them in and working)

I think he’s talented, creative, tactically flexible, his Belgium experience has gained him credibility with bigger egos / players. And he’ll coach players, won’t need the budgets of other guys.

Unless Ten Hag comes out of the woodwork, or Valverde somehow becomes realistic, I feel like RM makes the most sense.

That Belgium team is ridiculous and he has won exactly nothing with them... thats a no from me... unless the alternative is truly Southgate or Gattoso

I might have missed this, but what’s happening with the German manager, isn’t he supposed to be stepping down?

Could you imagine if we hired Klinsmann now. We'd be an even bigger laughing stock. "Spurs couldn't get anyone so they just hired the fella who advertised himself on the telly."

Given the publicity over this circus, the longer it goes on, the more negatively any appointment is going to look and be portrayed. Still hoping Levy has an ace up his sleeve but that hope is starting to look more and more forlorn.

That Belgium team is ridiculous and he has won exactly nothing with them... thats a no from me... unless the alternative is truly Southgate or Gattoso

It’s hard to win a major tournament when other good teams exist, and when it’s tournament football and anything can happen. I don’t blame him for not winning something when France are as deep as they are too, and at least he gets to the latter stages. I don’t hold that against him. If his players thought he was a joke and a hindrance rather than a help, I’d be dead against him. But they seem to be behind him at least from the quotes they offer.

The flip side to ‘it’s Martinez’ as a take is that it means we had a master plan to hire him. And we’d wait for him. And literally every other link has been filler until we can announce him. And that doesn’t make much sense either. Basically none of this makes sense. And maybe I’m trying to rationalise and get comfortable with an appointment that would feel underwhelming after Poch and Jose. But I could see Martinez working with Levy, taking on the constraints, and being tactically innovative enough that he *might* get us some results that out perform our financial position. I may be totally wrong though!

Could you imagine if we hired Klinsmann now. We'd be an even bigger laughing stock. "Spurs couldn't get anyone so they just hired the fella who advertised himself on the telly."

Given the publicity over this circus, the longer it goes on, the more negatively any appointment is going to look and be portrayed. Still hoping Levy has an ace up his sleeve but that hope is starting to look more and more forlorn.

Despite everything I still have enough trust in the club that it won’t be Klinnsman, and that there is some method to all of this. But we need to pull it out from here. I feel like a club manager would have been hired already so I hope we know what we are doing.

Back