• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Ok it seems the talks with fonsecca broke down because he wanted the same tax breaks as in italy. Italy only charges 10% tax on rich that have come to work in the country. We obviously charge 45%. So that could be a fair chunk of change.

If the two options are;

1.We have spoken to people and they haven't worked out for whatever reason, and;
2: We haven't spoken to anyone, things are progressing behind the scenes smoothly and this is all part of the plan

I know which one seems the most credible to me

Plus I know for a fact that we offered Flick the job. My friend is the S&C coach at Bayern and Flick spoke to him about it, and offered him the same role at Germany.

Ok it seems the talks with fonsecca broke down because he wanted the same tax breaks as in italy. Italy only charges 10% tax on rich that have come to work in the country. We obviously charge 45%. So that could be a fair chunk of change.

that would be a big hit, I feel like that has affected player transfers before too, not necessarily at Spurs

Maybe Spurs are really going to brave and not appoint any manager and just have Levy use AI-analytics at the side of the pitch for players to take regular tactical instructions from...we'd be the most innovative team in Football.

If the two options are;

1.We have spoken to people and they haven't worked out for whatever reason, and;
2: We haven't spoken to anyone, things are progressing behind the scenes smoothly and this is all part of the plan

I know which one seems the most credible to me

Plus I know for a fact that we offered Flick the job. My friend is the S&C coach at Bayern and Flick spoke to him about it, and offered him the same role at Germany.

...and if 2 was true, then Levy should be fired by ENIC for gross dereliction of duty!

I still think Lopetegui could be an option if we went in hard for him. Wasn't the reported issue that his extended family wouldn't be able to get work permits to move over here? Just give them use of the club private jet once a fortnight or something.
You don't need a work permit to move, only to work.

Talks probably broken down when Levy wanted to take money out of Lopetegui's wages for use of the private jet and the family realised they would end up owing Spurs money! :D

I don’t think we are financially ‘ruined’ but we are certainly having to tighten the belt considerably. I suspect the club is looking to significantly cut the wage bill this year and perhaps also run at a transfer profit. That will make it very hard to attract a top tier, or even second tier manager. If we continue our downward trend over the next year or two then we’ll lose our advantageous position in terms of our UEFA coefficient points just as they become really important. This summer is actually the time for investment but we’re already maxed out on the credit cards and it seems our owners have no intention of investing or diluting their stake to inject capital.

Sums it up best for me. Good post.

The longer it drags out the more it looks like it is deffo someone managing at the Euros. 95% of this ITK flimflam is, as we all know or should know, just that - flimflam.
(I'll be generous and allow 5% for being right when all the planets are aligned.)

Trouble is with all the constant "It's him" and subsequent changes is that because it has dragged on for so long we start to have doubts and begin to believe the nonsense posted :(

Ah sorry I see. I don't think I'd had a rant about Levy appointing Gattuso so I wasn't answering for that particular point. Sorry.

At present my perception is that Levy is doing a terrible job in appointing us a new manager, despite having sacked Jose well before the end of the season so having had plenty of time for one to be appointed. If Levy brings in a good manager and backs him with signings (reasonably early on in the window) then I'll happily 'apologise' to Levy, though I'm pretty sure that Daniel Levy doesn't actually read glory-glory so the apology would fall on empty ears anyway (just as the expressions of dissatisfaction also do).

I never said you did have a rant, I didn't name anyone because tbh I can't always keep up with who said what when it all goes manic.
Totally agree, the delay is getting beyond a joke now and Levy needs to own that.
If, and it's a big if, he brings in someone that makes the wait worth while (poch, Conte, rodgers even ETH) then fine I will cut him some slack. If it's gattuso I will be raging.
But let's not jump on some media bs and hang the guy on their word, which has been proven to not be very reliable.

Its a 70% increase in salary to put him in the same position

So whereas he would have earned 90 post-tax from every 100 he earned in Italy, we'd have to pay him 170 so that he ends up with 170 * 53% = 90 (based on 45% tax and 2% national insurance)

So if the backlash on social media and #notoGatusso stopped Levy from signing Gatusso, can we get #yestoPotter trending and get this finished?

Its a 70% increase in salary to put him in the same position

So whereas he would have earned 90 post-tax from every 100 he earned in Italy, we'd have to pay him 170 so that he ends up with 170 * 53% = 90 (based on 45% tax and 2% national insurance)

Yet that would still be cheaper than what we paid Jose?

I think the top 5 is pretty indisputable; the others are questionable, hence how I positioned it
The Guttuso rumours are massively disputable! Looks like Italian journos (worse than UK ones by the way) putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 56. The fonseca deal may have hit a block due to tax and then they’ve just seen Gattusso was available on same day and hey presto.

the so called reputable English journos only reported, copied, what the Italian reports were saying.

Yeah OK that is a massive difference, but if he has been identified as the man to take us forward (and I have my doubts that he is) then surely we should pay the difference even if that means we have X less to spend on transfers.

Back