• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

What does the front 2 look like in a Conte 352?
Kane and son
We won’t be getting bale back now
Ancelotti wants him
We will need a sabitzer type for midfield, someone who can get the extra goals (yes we have dele too)
Anderson and one other would be great for the 3 cbs alongside rodon
We will need a right back alongside Doherty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57332318

Antonio Conte: Ex-Chelsea manager clear front runner for Spurs job

By Simon Stone BBC Sport

Former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte has emerged as the clear front runner for the vacant Tottenham manager's role.

It is understood talks with the Italian have advanced quickly.

There is now a growing expectation is he will replace Jose Mourinho as Tottenham manager.

Spurs made contact with former boss Mauricio Pochettino last week but PSG have remained steadfast in their refusal to allow him to leave.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is unlikely to allow that situation to drag on too long.

The club has been without a permanent manager since the departure of Mourinho on 19 April.

Levy said the club had "lost sight of some key priorities" during construction of its new stadium and the Covid-19 pandemic.

Spurs finished last season seventh in the table, qualifying for the new Europa Conference League.

Talisman Harry Kane, who won the Premier League Golden Boot, said he hopes to have "a good, honest conversation" with Levy about his future, amid reports he had formally asked to leave.

Conte won the 2016-17 Premier League in his first season as Chelsea manager but was sacked at the end of the following season when he won the FA Cup but finished fifth in the league.

The 51-year-old led Inter to the Europa League final in 2019-20 and within one point of Italian champions Juventus - who had finished 21 points ahead the season before.

Inter claimed their 19th Scudetto with four games remaining last season, with their points tally of 91 ranking as the second highest in the club's history.

I actually think one of the best things about Conte will be the effect on Kane. Can see Kane being curious to work under him.

The other positive is freshness. Most of our squad know Poch's patter and ideas. Conte brings a fresh approach. Shame the fairytale with Poch doesn't look like materialising just yet, but most thought it was too early for his seconding coming.

Yeah, I think this is fair. I can see Kane going 'fair fudges, this shows ambition'. And I can see Conte saying to Kane 'don't be a pussy, work under me and let's bloody some fudging noses'.

It's definitely opportunistic. But I guess the thing is about being a top club at the top level is once you're here, there are only so many managers that can really handle it, know what is like to manage a squad in the league and in Europe, and know how to get results. So maybe opportunism is part and parcel of it. I have a slight concern that Conte will need funds we can't provide, throw a fit and flame out, but I also think he's probably more suited style wise to us than Jose was. Less about intuition, more about helping good players get over the line through rehearsed patterns and a system that works. That feels like what we need. And hopefully this is enough to over-ride the fact that we won't have the most money. Because if we keep on looking for short term jolt to short term jolt, I fear we're going to keep batting at a par of 6th or 7th if it doesn't work out.

So hopefully Conte's personality shakes up the players that have gotten way too comfortable, and his system means we win something. If so, it will be a good move. And it won't be the romance of Poch, but this is a manager in his prime, who has won trophies everywhere he has been, and he clearly believes he can do it here.

And frankly, it shoves in my face any criticism I had of Levy and ENIC not having the pitch or a project to attract a top manager. It seems like we would have gotten Poch if PSG let him go, and we are getting Conte. So our place and our standing in the game is strong. Conte is a proven winner and a step up in calibre from Potter but even ETH. If it's to be 2 or 3 years, let's hope it's a 2 or 3 years to remember.

Maybe @afsoc4life can shed some light on his time at Inter? Obviously they won the title this year but what went in to that - what level were Inter at when he arrived/did he rebuild the team or coach an already talented group to perform at a higher level?

As was suggested earlier. Skriniar and Eriksen from Inter would be great. Add in Anderson from Fulham.
We ideally will need a new RB. Aarons would be a great addition.
Sam Johnstone possibly to play back-up to Lloris

Maybe @afsoc4life can shed some light on his time at Inter? Obviously they won the title this year but what went in to that - what level were Inter at when he arrived/did he rebuild the team or coach an already talented group to perform at a higher level?

Seconded. Some long reads on Conte's Inter would be much appreciated! Hopefully The Athletic will be teeing something up.

As was suggested earlier. Skriniar and Eriksen from Inter would be great. Add in Anderson from Fulham.
We ideally will need a new RB. Aarons would be a great addition.
Sam Johnstone possibly to play back-up to Lloris
Would rather get another one of those CBs Inter have instead of Eriksen. Heck, if he is going to play the formation as in Inter, bring all 3 CBs and throw in Hakimi for RB.

Would rather get another one of those CBs Inter have instead of Eriksen. Heck, if he is going to play the formation as in Inter, bring all 3 CBs and throw in Hakimi for RB.

I'm not convinced by any of Inter's CBs

- de Vrij is the best, but is pushing 30 now
- Skriniar has the pace and turning circle of an oil tanker
- Bastoni is the most promising - he's cultured and left sided, but is also very slow

And Regi and Sess. Just need 3 CBs now, rather than 2!

GLC and Ndombele might fit in to his 3-5-2 too. Not sure where it leaves Dele though, not Moura and Lamela (thankfully)

Doherty has played as a CB for Ireland, so Conte has plenty to choose from :cool:

Sanchez, Dier, Alderweireld, Rodon, Tanganga, Davies, Doherty

I'm not convinced by any of Inter's CBs

- de Vrij is the best, but is pushing 30 now
- Skriniar has the pace and turning circle of an oil tanker
- Bastoni is the most promising - he's cultured and left sided, but is also very slow
I can see that your main objection is them being slow, which is true to a certain degree. Maybe that's why there are 3 of them, to provide imediate cover if one is outpaced. It worked like a charm and with fast WBs, the danger is even less. Just a theory.

Back