• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

This Juve guy sounds awful, they have gone way downhill in the last few years and seem to have a policy of getting bosmans on huge wages like Ramsey and a couple of the German midfielders who's names I've forgotten.

This Juve guy sounds awful, they have gone way downhill in the last few years and seem to have a policy of getting bosmans on huge wages like Ramsey and a couple of the German midfielders who's names I've forgotten.
That could be a choice from the top though
Don’t forget they have been in heavy debt for some time

This is so true. Going for a big name and hoping the name alone will win the trophies. If this is the case Levy has learnt nothing from Ramos and Mourinho.

I’m happy with Conte

I just don’t see how you go from Potter/Parker/ETH etc to Conte.

And if Levy gets Conte, it will be framed as Levy failing to stump up the compensation to get Poch from PSG.

Worst thing to happen was that this all leaked. Conte will be on the back foot from the start, if PSG didn’t want to get rid, why should they.

Not sure on Conte fitting with our DNA. He will want backing in the coming windows and I thought we were skint. He won’t be afraid to call out Levy and walk away if his demands are not met.

This is a huge appointment for Levy. Another short term appointment and failure will just not do.

Not sure on Conte fitting with our DNA. He will want backing in the coming windows and I thought we were skint. He won’t be afraid to call out Levy and walk away if his demands are not met.

This is a huge appointment for Levy. Another short term appointment and failure will just not do.
This guys 200% short term
But in levy’s eyes Poch is free in 2 years time

At least we shouldn't have to worry about another transferless window if we get Conte. Whether they are good signings or not there will definitely be a refresh of the squad.

Agree with you. Maybe Levy accepts that it might be a short-term appointment....and then Poch will be free in a years' time??

Just gonna put this here
Paratici Is getting slated for what’s happened at juve although it’s not clear how much of their recent fate is on him
I’ve heard people say it was actually Morata who was the man and he went to inter who have just won the league... but are now basically bankrupt and need a fire sale
I guess a title and possibly going bust would suit some fans of some clubs

If this falls flat on it's face as i expect it to then 3-4 years of stagnation/regression will have become 5-6, through multiple big mistakes on managerial decisions (hiring/firing) - Conte is clearly a good manager, no question marks regarding his place in the modern game as there was with Mourinho so Levy has nowhere to hide if this one doesn't work out.

Could be that Levy thinks Conte is short-term, so needs a DoF to think longer-term?

Maybe Levy looked at the long-term managers available, and didnt think they were good enough, so accepted a big name short-term manager instead?

If this falls flat on it's face as i expect it to then 3-4 years of stagnation/regression will have become 5-6, through multiple big mistakes on managerial decisions (hiring/firing) - Conte is clearly a good manager, no question marks regarding his place in the modern game as there was with Mourinho so Levy has nowhere to hide if this one doesn't work outm
Totally agree . Seems odd to me. Not really moving on from Jose.

If this falls flat on it's face as i expect it to then 3-4 years of stagnation/regression will have become 5-6, through multiple big mistakes on managerial decisions (hiring/firing) - Conte is clearly a good manager, no question marks regarding his place in the modern game as there was with Mourinho so Levy has nowhere to hide if this one doesn't work out.
Just doesn’t align to levy’s end of season statement does it

Back