• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Who tops anyone’s list?
PSG with a squad that can never get it over the line
Chelsea who have signed a team of wingers but no strikers and are set to fall foul of the new FFP rules
Madrid…. Pressure galore and a team that’s focus is always on the CL
There are pros and cons for every team and every coach will judge that too
Fans are probably the least sensible on that front
We are a tier 2 club. If a vacancy of a tier 1 club comes up top level managers go there straight away, if a club such as ours are interested in top managers they would not come until they have looked at other options. It’s no different to when going in for top players….

We are a tier 2 club. If a vacancy of a tier 1 club comes up top level managers go there straight away, if a club such as ours are interested in top managers they would not come until they have looked at other options. It’s no different to when going in for top players….
There really isn’t that many tier 1 managers to suit these tier 1 clubs…
It’s a myth
Tuchel wasn’t a tier 1 … he was available
Klopp arguably wasn’t either as he had done it at 1 club
We have two massive things that help us… London and the state of the club
Any manager who thinks he is great will see the appeal of coming here and managing a London based club that doesn’t need that much work (despite what our fans think)
And to manage in the prem is the highest standard now… by some way

There really isn’t that many tier 1 managers to suit these tier 1 clubs…
It’s a myth
Tuchel wasn’t a tier 1 … he was available
Klopp arguably wasn’t either as he had done it at 1 club
We have two massive things that help us… London and the state of the club
Any manager who thinks he is great will see the appeal of coming here and managing a London based club that doesn’t need that much work (despite what our fans think)
And to manage in the prem is the highest standard now… by some way
I wasn’t talking about tier 1 managers, Nagelsman isn’t one yet. I was talking purely about tier 1 clubs. The fact is, if a club like Real Madrid sacked their manager today and went to Nagelsman and offered him the job right now he would likely take it whether that be to manage right now or start in the summer.

Levy would get Nagelsman in today if he could I’m sure, but we have no chance of him agreeing until he sees what his options are in the summer….

Steady on, we are whatever is high than tier 1 club and any manager or player in the world would crawl over broken glass to join this club if it wasn't for Levy/ENIC.

I wasn’t talking about tier 1 managers, Nagelsman isn’t one yet. I was talking purely about tier 1 clubs. The fact is, if a club like Real Madrid sacked their manager today and went to Nagelsman and offered him the job right now he would likely take it whether that be to manage right now or start in the summer.

Levy would get Nagelsman in today if he could I’m sure, but we have no chance of him agreeing until he sees what his options are in the summer….
Maybe
I don’t agree
Nagelsmann will take his time because he is still getting paid
But he also isn’t elite or proven yet as you say
I don’t want him here
I think he is arrogant beyond his achievements and as bad as conte for his way or no way
Madrid are the biggest club in the world
Beyond them it’s the new rich who may want a manager … but actually their appeal is much less than fans think imo

I’m usually on board with slagging off ITKs but Dragon1 is an ITK from years ago with a proven track record. He doesn’t pop up often which is also an indicator he is not an attention seeking twelve year old like most of them. He definitely gets legitimate info…..
Pretty much every person at the club has changed other than Daniel Levy and Donna Cullen. The only other source of info is agents and it’s rare they know much (i.e. they only know something if it concerns one of their clients).

Out of curiosity (not aimed at just you, just quoted your post cause it was mentioned). How many tier 1 managers are there and who are they?

(Think it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts, and why?).

For me:
Conte
Morinho (less now, but still won a trophy last year)
Pep
Klopp
Ancelotti
Zidane
Simeone
Flick
Tuchel
Deschamps?

Out of curiosity (not aimed at just you, just quoted your post cause it was mentioned). How many tier 1 managers are there and who are they?

For me:
Conte
Pep
Klopp
Ancelotti
Zidane
Simeone
Flick
Tuchel
Deschamps?
I’m not sure Tuchel belongs in the above list. He has never won a league outside PSG and didn’t even really challenge with Chelsea. Yes he’s won the CL but then so did di Matteo.

I’m not sure Tuchel belongs in the above list. He has never won a league outside PSG and didn’t even really challenge with Chelsea. Yes he’s won the CL but then so did di Matteo.

As i said, interesting to see others opinions.

Would galardo be added? Tbf he should be.

For me:
Conte
Pep
Klopp
Ancelotti
Zidane
Simeone
Flick
Tuchel
Deschamps?

Interesting question. Allegri probably should be added given the volume of trophies at Juve

Does Flick deserve to be on that list? Winning a couple titles with Bayern isnt that difficult IMO. If so, you could add Nagelsmann.

Mancini won the Euros with an unfancied Italian team so would have him alongside Flick too, or no lower. Equally Scaloni won the Copa America and World Cup with an Argentina team which was ok but not better.

To your other point, Gallardo I think is the tier below until he's done something in a major league

For me:
Conte
Pep
Klopp
Ancelotti
Zidane
Simeone
Flick
Tuchel
Deschamps?
Pep if suitably funded
Klopp
Ancelotti
Conte

That’s it

all of the above have done it with different teams in different leagues

Mou was and may still be be… but it’s hard to quantify because of his last two appointments

Interesting question. Allegri probably should be added given the volume of trophies at Juve

Does Flick deserve to be on that list? Winning a couple titles with Bayern isnt that difficult IMO. If so, you could add Nagelsmann.

Mancini won the Euros with an unfancied Italian team so would have him alongside Flick too, or no lower. Equally Scaloni won the Copa America and World Cup with an Argentina team which was ok but not better.

To your other point, Gallardo I think is the tier below until he's done something in a major league

It was just off the top of my head. Yeah allegri should be added. To replace flick.

Last edited:
Pep if suitably funded
Klopp
Ancelotti
Conte

That’s it

all of the above have done it with different teams in different leagues

Mou was and may still be be… but it’s hard to quantify because of his last two appointments
Mourinho is definitely in that list and possibly at the top of it for me.

Flick won everything possible to win with Bayern including the CL. I’m a bit surprised he hasn’t done better with Germany, so far at least.

So it's Stellini and Mason untill the end of the season.

Who do we think is lined up for the summer then?
Is it Poch waiting to see if Madrid come calling first?

So it's Stellini and Mason untill the end of the season.

Who do we think is lined up for the summer then?
Is it Poch waiting to see if Madrid come calling first?
Think it will be Poch or Nagelsman, unless we’re beaten to the punch by Real, PSG etc

Back