• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Agreed, but the standard of womens football is so poor there's absoloutely no reason to even think about appointing a person whose only experience is at that level. Might as well appoint a successful non league or youth team manager.

No problem with appointing a female manager but to do so.they'd need as much relevant experience in the mens game as any male candidate would.

Completely. There's two reasons not to appoint her:

1) the next manager appointment for us is crucial. We cant afford to be a social experiment to see whether a woman manager can make it in the men's game. Let someone else do that experiment first and we can follow later and appoint her if so
2) as above, the standard of the WSL isn't even Championship level. Let her move to the PL or Championship with another team and succeed and then lets hire her next. We wouldnt appoint a League 1 or 2 manager so shouldnt be appointing Hayes

Last edited:
But in the womens game the calibre of the players isn’t deveined by the manager or coach . It’s purely the maturity of the game
Being the best at the highest level in the game you compete in is all you can do
She has done that
Then she should move up to a league where the standard of player is better, 5th tier in the men's games would be a big jump in standard for her, nevermind the upper end of the premier league.

Then she should move up to a league where the standard of player is better, 5th tier in the men's games would be a big jump in standard for her, nevermind the upper end of the premier league.
But that would be a step back in her career
That’s why it hasn’t happened so far

Exactly that. At the moment the ladies game is on par with step 4/5 if that.

That would be a huge jump , in terms of quality of player you are dealing with and coaching on a day to day basis. Such a different beast.

Maybe one day but certainly not yet for female managers in the prem.

Think the fan base will be fractured whoever we appoint now anyway. JN is who I hope we chase but even then we need better players. Not sure that will happen. To many just cruising here and been here too long.

We're not a charity. If she hasnt got a move into the men's game as a result of only a low standard/league being willing to take that risk, it doesnt mean that we need to over-promote and take the punt on her. It would be an almighty risk and utterly daft one to take. I can't believe people on here would even consider it

Would it really be a step back? The money is probably around the same, she'd have just as much exposure as she'd be the only female manager at that level and if she does prove herself it gives the opportunity for further progression. She's hit the max level she can go at in the female game.

Phil Neville did ok with the England women's team and nobody would have him as our manager. He even looked at MLS as a step up from that.

I’m not to fussed with the level the next manager comes from, it’s the relative improvement in those you manage, and your ideas of how you deploy your resources that matter.

...but managing in a much lower standard means that the challenges / opposition which you come up against are of a much lower level, and you don't get people countering whatever tactics you are using.

Typically a conference manager might move up to league 1, then perhaps championship say and then PL. Very rarely would a league 1 manager (or below that) be appointed to a PL job and I'd say its probably never happened that someone has come from those levels to a upper-end PL job.

Therefore appointing her would be unprecedent in terms of the level of promotion of standard at which she's managing. And then not only is it unprecedented on that basis, it would also be unprecedented (I think) in a woman manager moving to the men's professional game.

So it would be doubly unprecedented, which in my mind would make it a ludicrous move

...but managing in a much lower standard means that the challenges / opposition which you come up against are of a much lower level, and you don't get people countering whatever tactics you are using.

Typically a conference manager might move up to league 1, then perhaps championship say and then PL. Very rarely would a league 1 manager (or below that) be appointed to a PL job and I'd say its probably never happened that someone has come from those levels to a upper-end PL job.

Therefore appointing her would be unprecedent in terms of the level of promotion of standard at which she's managing. And then not only is it unprecedented on that basis, it would also be unprecedented (I think) in a woman manager moving to the men's professional game.

So it would be doubly unprecedented, which in my mind would make it a ludicrous move

I think the top of the women’s game is higher than than that level of the men’s game myself.

There are a lot of good coaches in the women’s game, she stands out.

.. And then not only is it unprecedented on that basis, it would also be unprecedented (I think) in a woman manager moving to the men's professional game.

Exactly this, like I said its the unfortunate nature that I don't think the mens games ready for it yet either. Abilities aside the noise that surrounds a club like Spurs especially at this time, the press and that noise would unfortunately break what would be a groundbreaking moment. When fans are moaning about potential successful candidates from the Dutch and Portuguese leagues I can't be led to believe those same fans would be tolerant and accepting of appointing the first woman coach in top level football from the WSL level, I just can't. The move would be celebrated and ridiculed before it even took off IMO.

We're not a charity. If she hasnt got a move into the men's game as a result of only a low standard/league being willing to take that risk, it doesnt mean that we need to over-promote and take the punt on her. It would be an almighty risk and utterly daft one to take. I can't believe people on here would even consider it

Probably people just trying to show how woke and progressive they are. Next they (no pun intended) will be suggesting a trans person should be manager.

She turned down the wimbledon job a few years ago iirc.

I’d like to see her get the leeds or leicester job and see if she can bring them back up and then keep them up and kick on with them further still.

I think she would do that personally.

I’d like to see her get the leeds or leicester job and see if she can bring them back up and then keep them up and kick on with them further still.

Fine - great if she goes to a championship or other football league team and proves herself there

Probably people just trying to show how woke and progressive they are. Next they (no pun intended) will be suggesting a trans person should be manager.

It does smack of that a bit given how crazily risky a decision it would be. I don’t think there the remotest chance that Levy would entertain it either given the importance of this next manager hire

Would it really be a step back? The money is probably around the same, she'd have just as much exposure as she'd be the only female manager at that level and if she does prove herself it gives the opportunity for further progression. She's hit the max level she can go at in the female game.

Phil Neville did ok with the England women's team and nobody would have him as our manager. He even looked at MLS as a step up from that.
He was awful IMO
He is even worse now in America
He bro a chance because of who he was, not because of what he has done
She won’t get a chance
That’s the game

It does smack of that a bit given how crazily risky a decision it would be. I don’t think there the remotest chance that Levy would entertain it either given the importance of this next manager hire
No chairman would
That’s the issue
You should go for the best person
Brighton are the kinda club with that vision

That would be a great opportunity for her

Why is the next manager appointment so important especially when we are already choosing from a pool of managers with diminishing quality such as Ange, Potter and Marco Silva.

These okayish managers then get to work with an unbalanced squad of questionable characters, a star striker on his way out and limited funds to do anything about it.

So we are ending around where we are now if not worse for the foreseeable future so why is it so important.

I’d argue its not actually all that important at all, unless there is a man with glasses spinning around in a phone box we can appoint?

Back