• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Why would I not believe what Slot said? Am I supposed to trust you or Sky Sports over him?
Slot wouldn’t be allowed to talk to Spurs without Feyenoord’s permission. His agent could’ve been talking to us however (and an agency my Dad did some contract work for previously said we had been speaking to the agent).

Last edited:
Honestly, the only way I can see Levy bringing people around is to go all out for Poch and back him. There is such a negative vibe around the club right now he needs to pull something out of the hat.

I think Nagelsmann would also get a lot onside (even though he wsnt my preferred choice) and Slot would probably achieve the same given his style of football. Ditto de Zerbi. Maybe Amorim.

It's not obvious that we're heading to a good place and the new manager is going to be under the cosh, either due to them looking like an odd appointment (Ange) or them not playing attacking football or other reasons (Rodgers)

Last edited:
Maybe we're actually working to get a DoF in place first, and all the manager stuff is just taking soundings at this stage?
That certainly should be the way round that things are done. The story I got when at the Brentford game is that we have approached quite a number of potential DoFs but they haven’t been particularly interested in the job.

Last edited:
That certainly should be the way round that things are done. The story I got when at the Brentford game as that we have approached quite a number of potential DoFs but they haven’t been particularly interested in the job.

Question on this: if we're going down the route of a more data based approach to recruitment, then likely the DoF isn't a big name with a fat rolodex like Paratici - more a quantitative, analytical type.

Not obvious that that style DoF might be the right person to appoint a manager so does the DoF need to come in before the manager?

The big question is IF it wasn’t down to money. What happened to put Slot off? The move would clearly be a good one and his comments prior to this week suggested that he didn’t want to be stuck in Netherlands for the future. So something has happened which has put him off joining us.
The (lack of) budget being provided versus the (high) expectation from the chairman I would wager.

Apparently De Zerbi wants at least one more year at Brighton and Slot’s release clause comes into effect in Summer 2024.

Guessing what vacancies might come up in a year though is a tough one. There also has to be a reasonable chance that Feyenoord increase Slot's release cost as a trade-off for his rumoured much higher salary

Question on this: if we're going down the route of a more data based approach to recruitment, then likely the DoF isn't a big name with a fat rolodex like Paratici - more a quantitative, analytical type.

Not obvious that that style DoF might be the right person to appoint a manager so does the DoF need to come in before the manager?
If we’re not bringing in a proper DoF as well as putting a proper data and analytics department then we are doomed to fail. The D&A side of things only helps narrow the player search down. What about coaching appointments lower down and scouting and the fact that our youth teams haven’t played the same formation as our first team since Pochettino was at the club and important things like that?

If we’re not bringing in a proper DoF as well as putting a proper data and analytics department then we are doomed to fail. The D&A side of things only helps narrow the player search down. What about coaching appointments lower down and scouting and the fact that our youth teams haven’t played the same formation as our first team since Pochettino was at the club and important things like that?

I dont know. Brighton and Brentford, and to an extent Leicester too, are the ones often mentioned as ysing analytics etc in their player search. Do they have a big name DoF too?

Such a sensible comment, the sort we have all been making for a while, yet the board can not see this.

Apparently De Zerbi wants at least one more year at Brighton and Slot’s release clause comes into effect in Summer 2024.
Nagelsmann and Pochettino were both available this summer. A proper big team will poach De Zerbi if his good work continues into next season. Slot’s release clause will be removed or increased substantially if and when he signs a new deal at Feyenoord.

I'm really excited by the prospect of a manager who has never managed anyone more high profile than James McCarthy.

It would be great to create that Christian Gross tube guy against the supercar superstars vibe again

Back