• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Not sure when he's due back from his ankle injury but looks like Nabil won't be featuring for Spurs in January either way...

[TWEET]535153043776733186[/TWEET]

Yep. For me it's:

Deep ballplayers - Mason, then Bentaleb
DMs - Capoue, then Stambouli (though may reverse over the coming weeks)

What do you think of more 4-3-3

Bentaleb - Stambouli - Mason

With 3 of - Lamela/Chadli/Eriksen/Kane/Soldado in front

What do you think of more 4-3-3

Bentaleb - Stambouli - Mason

With 3 of - Lamela/Chadli/Eriksen/Kane/Soldado in front

Would that make us more solid do you think? I dont mind that formation, but GB does like his deep ballplayers.....

The thing with that three is that anyone of those would easily interchange with another. Could be quite fluid

That's alright, none of us have.

I think he comfortably looks like he will be a good player, I have no qualms about saying that in much the same way I said so about Chadli early on in his Spurs career I thought he had the tools.

Sometimes it just takes a while for a player to really stamp his authority on things....

I think he comfortably looks like he will be a good player, I have no qualms about saying that in much the same way I said so about Chadli early on in his Spurs career I thought he had the tools.

Sometimes it just takes a while for a player to really stamp his authority on things....

Hopefully he'll be prepared to work a lot harder than Chadli!

In 4-2-3-1 it's supposed to be the CMs who protect the FBs mostly
Sure they can cover on occasion but I disagree that it should be the default action of the CMs to cover in front of the FBs. The left AM should at least occupy the space even if they can't tackle for toffee. The middle of the park is wide open when one of the CM's goes wide to cover. A good example of this is in the Liverpool match where Bentaleb's heat map had him covering left all game as Chadli was high and tucked in mostly, and as result Capoue struggled badly to cope and was effectively overrun.

Sure they can cover on occasion but I disagree that it should be the default action of the CMs to cover in front of the FBs. The left AM should at least occupy the space even if they can't tackle for toffee. The middle of the park is wide open when one of the CM's goes wide to cover. A good example of this is in the Liverpool match where Bentaleb's heat map had him covering left all game as Chadli was high and tucked in mostly, and as result Capoue struggled badly to cope and was effectively overrun.

Consequently the right fullback should be helping Capoue out by not attacking and share in defending the central area. What I don't understand is that we have both fullbacks high up when only one can be useful at a time.

Consequently the right fullback should be helping Capoue out by not attacking and share in defending the central area. What I don't understand is that we have both fullbacks high up when only one can be useful at a time.

To provide width and stretch the opposition? Nonetheless our play tends to be narrow still....

Sounds like Spurs, stretch the play but only play through the middle yet still be wide open to attack, or a ball over the top, or down the channel, or anything really.

This next performance is VERY important as we have been seriously poor recently, no movement, no belief, fragile, no tempo... can't wait to find out what happens.

To provide width and stretch the opposition? Nonetheless our play tends to be narrow still....

I guess the point is about balance.. How far will you go throwing players into attack before compromising the defence. We've got our balance wrong at the moment. You can't substitute lack of quality in attack with quantity from defence without paying a price.

Back