• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Goes missing far too much to start for us at the moment. When the going gets tough he gets going (to the nearest hiding place).

Could have a future with us as a useful squad player but for now he should be backup or sent out on loan to a Championship team to gain some experience.

That's all the players not just him.

A question for the Bentaleb fans, what distinguishes Bentaleb from Carroll?

Physicality, Bentaleb can hold his own in a competitive area, Carroll is quite lightweight if Poch wants to hunt the ball aggressively rather than dropping straight into defensive shape when we lose it. Carroll would have been far better suited to playing in an AVB style of set up.

Not much. Very similar players, from what I have seen of Carroll I'd say his range of passing is actually better than Bentalebs, he also looks forward a little more often. Bentaleb has more athleticism and is a bit stronger/more aggressive in the tackle IMO.

I rate them both though.

Nationality perhaps?!? Only joking. I dont see a huge difference between them, however for some reason Bentaleb gets more plaudits. Personally I think that, similar to the over-rated Wheelchair, both need to develop the ability to hurt oppositions more. Its nice to see that we have two young CMs who can pass the ball, particuarly when none of our four senior CMs are great passers

Bentaleb is a very promising player. Remember he is only 19. I see much more potential in him than o'hara, livermore and carroll.

He can do a bit of everything, what he needs is a manager that can really take him to the next level and maybe give him an identity as to what type of player he is. The world cup and the games he got last season and this will be invaluable further down the line.

I don't think he looks 'ready' at the moment BUT maybe he has fallen on his feet with regards to changing that with the new man in charge. One thing Bentaleb will give you is 100% commitment, effort and dedication....he definately wants it. Poch will like this.

I think Poch will want him to be a Schneiderlein type player and if MS does come in Jan will understudy him as he progresses. That said, i don't think its inconceivable that if Bentaleb does well they could well become a partnership, both capable of transitioning the ball forward quickly.

Bentaleb is physically bigger, stronger, more athletic. Also (based on limited evidence) he strikes the ball better with power, more of a threat from range when shooting.

Both seem talented. Bentaleb has made the step up earlier, probably as a result of his physicality I think.

Bentaleb is physically bigger, stronger, more athletic. Also (based on limited evidence) he strikes the ball better with power, more of a threat from range when shooting.

Both seem talented. Bentaleb has made the step up earlier, probably as a result of his physicality I think.

This, Carroll needs to adapt to the physicality of the top level game.

The other issue with Carroll is he seems to be a touch more conservative, he needs to try to impact the game more (not just in comparison to Bentaleb, but in general)

Well Carroll is 22 so considering Bentaleb is 3 years younger and already ahead of him in terms of development tells you all you need to know really.

I am a fan of Carroll mind you but for whatever reason he just hasn't made the jump we all expected him to

This, Carroll needs to adapt to the physicality of the top level game.

The other issue with Carroll is he seems to be a touch more conservative, he needs to try to impact the game more (not just in comparison to Bentaleb, but in general)

I agee with with ModricTHFCs assessment over this - Carroll for me, in what little we have seen of him for the senior team, is more forward thinking with the ball at his feet than Bentalb who appears to be more one who likes to recylce. Remember him coming on in an EL game and dictating the play from central midfield similar to how Luka Modric used to.

Rate them both but Bentaleb is clearly more ready for the first team at this point. Really hope Carroll gets a good chance in the first team at Swansea and shows that he is ready for the physicality of the league as ability wise i think there's a lot of potential there.

I think Carroll is far more of a threat on the edge of the box than Bentaleb. Having seen them both in various games, Carroll is IMO a better passer. He knows how to weight a perfect first time pass into the path of the striker/s, something that I haven't seen Bentaleb do, although Bentaleb does play deeper than Carroll. Bentaleb on the other hand is way better at driving forward with the ball and physically stronger.

I'm not a massive fan of either but there both decent players in their own right

Bentelab is younger, more imposing physically and is technically string. His weaknesses are he doe st use his physical side anywhere enough, he doesn't ever head the ball in a defensive position (against liverpoo he tried shielding headers WTF), and he will rarely, if at all shoot or score

Carroll is a very tidy player and will suit Swansea but last year at QPR he was like. Crab passing sideways a lot. He hasn't shown yet for me that he can have an effect on the game

From the youngsters I've seen under Poch the one who was most impressive was Mason IMO

I'm not a massive fan of either but there both decent players in their own right

Bentelab is younger, more imposing physically and is technically string. His weaknesses are he doe st use his physical side anywhere enough, he doesn't ever head the ball in a defensive position (against liverpoo he tried shielding headers WTF), and he will rarely, if at all shoot or score

Carroll is a very tidy player and will suit Swansea but last year at QPR he was like. Crab passing sideways a lot. He hasn't shown yet for me that he can have an effect on the game

From the youngsters I've seen under Poch the one who was most impressive was Mason IMO

Mason looked good in preseason

I'm assuming Bentaleb is still injured.

Thoughts on who/where we play him?

Does he take the Mason role for non PL games now?

He is. And yes, until/unless Mason's form starts dropping or Bentaleb is outstanding in the cup games Mason keeps his spot and it's probably too early to play the two of them together.

Might see the two of them in a midfield duo when we're chasing games though as at least theoretically it should be our best passing duo in midfield.

Great news that Mason stepped up. Was always going to be an almost impossible task to ask Bentaleb to keep performing consistently this season. Now at least we have two players for that more creative deep midfielder even though both are young and inexperienced with less than a season of PL and first team top flight football between them.

Yep. For me it's:

Deep ballplayers - Mason, then Bentaleb
DMs - Capoue, then Stambouli (though may reverse over the coming weeks)

Back