• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

Cant be bothered to find direct quotes, but that sort of thing was definitely said....

I sincerely doubt it was. Many (including me) doubted that there was any evidence of the dinotard taking a risk in picking him (it was win-win for him), but I don't recall anyone saying that Bentaleb shouldn't have been playing. Especially given the injuries we suffered in that position last season.

I sincerely doubt it was. Many (including me) doubted that there was any evidence of the dinotard taking a risk in picking him (it was win-win for him), but I don't recall anyone saying that Bentaleb shouldn't have been playing. Especially given the injuries we suffered in that position last season.

I have no doubt questions were raised over him being preferred to more senior players, especially those of the defensive variety. It's not like his inclusion massively improved us and Sherwood's treatment of Capoue was pretty ****.

Plenty on here said he only got a shot because he was a Sherwood player and the man was trying to boost his CV. After the initial good form his performances dropped and the sentiments started popping up all over the place, though I don't remember seeing "Sherwood's love child" written anywhere.

Not the exact words of what Shelfie said but it was along those lines, Sherwood was only playing him to look good and show he could develop youth and save money etc (ie prove a point like Shelfie said) ...

Notice Bentaleb's involvements in that short clip. Shows so much class for me, very far away from "keeping possession". The number of one touch passes is just beautiful, and when it's not one touch it's two touch, and it's accurate. And this wasn't a standout game for him.

He has good awareness. He knows where he wants to pass it before he even gets the ball.
Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro definitely don't have that.

what??!!!

love you to bits but not letting you get away with that.

you did. you actually slated sherwood for picking bentaleb over Capoue. i remember this clearly

what??!!!

love you to bits but not letting you get away with that.

you did. you actually slated sherwood for picking bentaleb over Capoue. i remember this clearly
If so it would have been for his treatment of Capoue or because of the tactical fvckwittery of not playing a tackler. Certainly nothing to do with Bentaleb's ability as I rate him very highly.

Shows what a tw*t AVB was in not giving Bentaleb any chances at all. Sherwood gave him a chance to shine and Poch has him straight in the team.

Shows what a tw*t AVB was in not giving Bentaleb any chances at all. Sherwood gave him a chance to shine and Poch has him straight in the team.

If Sherwood knew he was that good,why was it not bought to his manager's (AVBs) attention sooner?

Maybe it was - maybe it wasn't - maybe Levy told AVB to make a team out of the big money signings he had just been given. Who knows...

Last edited:
Oh yeah I remember scara's little theory now. Apparently Tim kept Bentaleb a secret from AVB so that when his plan to get him sacked worked he could unleash him and look like a genius :lol:

Indeed, even in dead rubber Europa games he never gave the kids a chance.

He had no interest in building things here. He never has trusted young players in any club he's been at. We've ended up up with this ridiculous sized squad because he didnt play youth players.

Plenty on here said he only got a shot because he was a Sherwood player and the man was trying to boost his CV. After the initial good form his performances dropped and the sentiments started popping up all over the place, though I don't remember seeing "Sherwood's love child" written anywhere.

yeah i said that. i think bentaleb is a good player but he shouldn't start every game, and if he starts, should be subbed early. this is not to deprive his of games but to pace him so that he isn't focused on just giving his best, but will still have an opportunity to relax and learn his trade.

i like just as how Poch is using him right now. especially making capoue THE go to guy in the center, and having capoue anchor the defence to watch bentaleb's back.

Oh yeah I remember scara's little theory now. Apparently Tim kept Bentaleb a secret from AVB so that when his plan to get him sacked worked he could unleash him and look like a genius :lol:
Having seen what the snake is really like, would you honestly put that past him? He makes Redknapp look honest.

Wasnt he training with the first team squad long before Sherwood took over though?

Back