• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

I think that's a valid opinion. It also coincided with our poor form.

On his debut he had the pass in his head before he got the ball. This is actually what impressed me about him (I'd never seen him before).

Capoue passed the ball well against Swansea but looked a bit off the pace against ARSEnal and ManU imho. Perhaps he needs more game time to adjust to the pace of English football, or maybe he is someone (like Huddlestone) who just doesn't cope particularly well with being put under constant pressure :-k

Thought Capoue looked good against Arsenal, thought it does feel like an age ago since that game

Thought Capoue looked good against Arsenal, thought it does feel like an age ago since that game

:-k Not too many agreed at the time ...

From [h=1][h=3]Ratings v Scum[/h]Started by Mulletperm, 1st September 2013 19:00

[/h]
Capoue - 5. Slow with the ball and the speed of Arsenal's movement/closing down Mulletperm
Capoue 6 not quite up to speed yet japenesegardenlover

Capoue - 5 - was caught out a couple of times, needs to speed up his thought Spursalot
Capoue - 5 - Awful game. Stopped doing things him loved, making up ground, tackling, simple passing, all went to pot today. Hope for speedy recovery Mumorn
Capoue 6.5 Rossi22
Capoue - 6 - Wasnt quite at the races today but passes well.Tinneth
Capoue - 4.5. Seemed surprised by the pace of the game, was caught in possession too often, struggled to find a team-mate with his passing and to top it off went off with an injury after his six foot frame collided with the tiny Santi Cazorla, of all people. DubaiSpur
Capoue - 5 Technically good but slow, much like our performance.yiddo37
Capoue - 5. Quite poor today. Let Rosicky especially run past him multiple times, seemed to lose the ball quite often with wayward passing and was generally passed by.Hootnow
Capoue - 6 - Started well, showing a good range of passing Mosquito_Coasting
Capoue 5 Beast but as expected terrible on the ball charlietheyid
Capoue - 6 - slow to start but seemed to get better at winning the ball punk_is_back
Capoue - 5 Just seemed to give the ball away so much. Hope he's ok, but I fear a serious injury. chancer
Capoue - 5 - Some good tackles, but gave the ball away far too many times SUIYHA
Capoue 5 - too many misplaced passes and too easily caught in possession Spur of the moment

What was the average player rating for that game though?? I doubt many players got over 6 after that game

Calm down just going by my recollections of that match. I remember our trio being out run all over the place that day but so also some rather quick passes out from Capoue through the Arsenal midfield to Paulinho

Numerous comments about him looking slow, not up to speed, yielding possession too easily yet you still insist he had a good game?

Okay he had a good game Feel better now?

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5037-Ratings-v-Scum?highlight=ratings+Scum

And probably very few of these comments taking into account it was one of his early PL games and that it takes time to adjust to the pace of a different league.

Last edited:

His performance against Palace;

[video=youtube;s4tZktnpxbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4tZktnpxbU[/video]

What stands out for me is the fact the senior players aren't scared to pass to him.

The stand out thing for me is the accuracy of his passing, both in terms of direction and in weighting the passes. Most of his completed passes aren't just completed, they're spot on and right where the receiving players can take the ball in their stride or pass it on one touch. Makes a big difference to the wobbly, completed, but need an extra touch to control passes we're used to seeing from our central midfielders a bit too often.

Oh, that and his movement, always wanting the ball. And his first touch, can't remember seeing a poor first touch in all of that. Oh and his shot, that was spectacular. And so on...

Think the kid looks really good, but does anyone remember one of Jamie O'Hara's first games for us, could even have been his debut, away at Arsenal, he was great as well playing a similar "Carrick" role.

To me his most impressive attribute sees to be that he already knows what he is going to do with the ball before he has received it. Hence his quick passing. He had a humongous amounts of passes in the Palace game but rarely was he under pressure because he recycled the ball quickly and accurately.

He seems to know when to play the pass. I like his quick distribution. I can't stand laboured play, so wasn't happy during the AVB days, but players like Bentaleb help to suggest that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

What stands out for me is the fact the senior players aren't scared to pass to him.

I think it's because he's good at knowing where to be to create an easy option for the player in possession.

bentaleb and capoue are very different players.
capoue is the more typical sit back and pass like sandro
bentaleb is more intercept turn and move forward with the ball
we need more help in central defence and i think timmy is missing a trick without having a DM in sandro or capoue there to help
that's the key difference in the way we play under timmy now - we take more risks through the centre going forwards.

bentaleb and capoue are very different players.
capoue is the more typical sit back and pass like sandro
bentaleb is more intercept turn and move forward with the ball
we need more help in central defence and i think timmy is missing a trick without having a DM in sandro or capoue there to help
that's the key difference in the way we play under timmy now - we take more risks through the centre going forwards.

And against Soton. Manure and Palace I think we were fortunate to get the results we did in terms of chances missed by the opposition. We gave the ball away in dangerous positions many times and were opened up a lot. Long may the results contineu but we need to toughen it up at the back.

How do people think Bentaleb compares with some of our other recent youth midfield prospects:

- Jamie O'Hara
- Jake Livermore
- Tom Carroll

I would have had the exact same reaction had Bentaleb just broken through at Swansea or Southampton with performances like he's been putting in for us. Sign him up Levy!

How do people think Bentaleb compares with some of our other recent youth midfield prospects:

- Jamie O'Hara
- Jake Livermore
- Tom Carroll

Better, better, too early to say. I think Bentaleb's passing so far has been more impressive than what I've seen of Carroll in a Spurs shirt. I haven't been watching Carroll for QPR though.

One of the striking things about Bentaleb is his age, he only turned 19 less than two months ago. O'Hara got his full league debut at around 20-21, Livermore even later than that iirc. Right now I think PL clubs would line up to take Bentaleb on a loan for the rest of the season. How long did it take us to get the other players PL loans?

Back