• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

I thought there was a visible improvement in his positioning and defensive duties as is to be expected with more game time. Developing well. Looks a good player right now. Will be very interesting when Paulinho and Sandro return

i'm not doubting you are right, but can i ask why you would do that?

Mainly because of the areas Eriksen receives the ball in, are higher up the pitch where defenders are instantly on him. Not saying midfielders aren't trying to shut down Bentaleb but where he receives the ball it is easier for him to just play a simple sideways or backwards pass. Whereas Eriksen more often than not when receives the ball is under pressure, yet his ball play is more forward thinking and he doesn't lose the ball often, has some great skill in his locker and produces a real attacking threat....

I thought there was a visible improvement in his positioning and defensive duties as is to be expected with more game time. Developing well. Looks a good player right now. Will be very interesting when Paulinho and Sandro return

That is the big question. Will we see him continue on or will we see him used asa a sub. So far I'd like to keep giving him minutes in competitive games to keep him improving

going to go against the grain - he's good and has massive potential but not good enough for a top 4 chasing team. that said, would think that he's deserved a loan to a premiership club.

Mainly because of the areas Eriksen receives the ball in, are higher up the pitch where defenders are instantly on him. Not saying midfielders aren't trying to shut down Bentaleb but where he receives the ball it is easier for him to just play a simple sideways or backwards pass. Whereas Eriksen more often than not when receives the ball is under pressure, yet his ball play is more forward thinking and he doesn't lose the ball often, has some great skill in his locker and produces a real attacking threat....

true

spot on, i agree with that

good post

This kid, wow.

Another brilliant performance =D>

Well said

He's not gonna dribble past a man or create something out of nothing, he's a tidy workhorse player, knows when to close down a player, put a tackle in and play a simple pass so other players start a counter attack, every team needs a player like him, Man U are crying out for a similar type player. To think is was only his 2nd start in the league as well, hopefully he can keep up he's form up to this high standard. .

going to go against the grain - he's good and has massive potential but not good enough for a top 4 chasing team. that said, would think that he's deserved a loan to a premiership club.

why not? whats he done that has brought his stock down?

53 for 58 passes completed today. And he's not the Parker type who can only pass back to where it came from. Seemed to make a change positionally to help shore up the hole that was in between defense and midfield for most of the first half. Did well I thought..

Question for the board: Do you think Bentaleb mirrors Wheelchair in playing style and potential abilities? I do for one..

Question for the board: Do you think Bentaleb mirrors Wheelchair in playing style and potential abilities? I do for one..

No idea, i don't watch any other football apart from Spurs. But to me he seams to have a very bright future.

53 for 58 passes completed today. And he's not the Parker type who can only pass back to where it came from. Seemed to make a change positionally to help shore up the hole that was in between defense and midfield for most of the first half. Did well I thought..

No, to me they are very different players, I think Wheelchair is a lot more creative.

i wonder why this kid was nowhere near the first team when AVB was in charge.....

Not really. I find it hard to compare two players who have different physical styles. Wheelchair has low centre of gravity and could be more compared to Modric whereas Bentaleb can be more compared to say, Pogba.

Not in the slightest! Wheelchair is all about being small, dribbling, passing to people's throats*, playing offensively whilst being offensive.

*if you watch Wheelchair he keeps trying a 1-2 on the edge of the box where his pass is at throat level. I'm not sure how he expects his playing partner to pass it back to him with his throat.

Um ... haven't you noticed? It's only since he came into the side after the 5-0 mauling that the team has rallied and we are once again closing in on fourth.

Going abit OTT again in this thread. This game and the Palace game last week our central midfielders were terrible in the first half and it seemed they needed a good telling off in order to do their jobs properly. If its the same against City we will be 3 or 4 down by half time.

I know he is young and still learning but lets not make him out to be this great superstar because its embarrassing the way our fans big players up and then rip right into them when they have a bad game and we all know this will happen sooner or later.

Back