• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Completely useless. I've been saying it for far too long. He deflected criticism at first because of his surging runs but he does very little else. Too often slows down play.

I disagree, Paulinho made chances and almost scored himself with a couple of shots, including that curling effort. But he was at fault for not making a full blooded tackle which led to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's goal.

I disagree, Paulinho made chances and almost scored himself with a couple of shots, including that curling effort. But he was at fault for not making a full blooded tackle which led to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's goal.

I'm going to have to watch it again but I thought it was lazy from Paulinho to let the ball roll across his body, I don't think he was anticipating getting tackled (so didn't challenge), bit like Wanyama for Southampton yesterday for the Hull goal. But it was Dembele who started it all off by giving the ball away twice in the build up.

Made chances? he bottled a 50/50 tackle and panicked whenever the ball was in his possession for any sustained period of time. You can almost hear him saying to himself 'what should i do, who should i pass too...ohhhhh decisions decisions' whilst constantly dwelling on the ball. If you have the ability to watch our last few games again pay attention to his atrocious passing (even if the player is a few yards away). He' so so similar to jenas it's unreal but luckily for him he's Brazilian so it's not noticed as much.

I'm going to have to watch it again but I thought it was lazy from Paulinho to let the ball roll across his body, I don't think he was anticipating getting tackled (so didn't challenge), bit like Wanyama for Southampton yesterday for the Hull goal. But it was Dembele who started it all off by giving the ball away twice in the build up.

Watch it again and you will clearly see him bottling the challenge.

We were in complete control of the ball when Chiriches passed it to Paulinho. Dembele wasn't good today, but blaming him for the goal because of what happened prior to us being in complete control of the ball seems very strange to me.

Paulinho could have done a lot better in that situation, he could have taken a touch instead of letting it run past him and he could have been much stronger in the challenge although I suppose an argument could be made that Chiriches should have played a better pass.

In the first half both Dembele and Paulinho were shocking, and Paulinho was definitely at fault for the goal. Why the feck did we not start with Sandro?

In the first half both Dembele and Paulinho were shocking, and Paulinho was definitely at fault for the goal. Why the feck did we not start with Sandro?

Seeing as Sandro went off with an injury against Everton, wasn't involved midweek and has been starting fairly regularly in the league recently I think it's likely that him still feeling that injury was the reason for that.

Seeing as Sandro went off with an injury against Everton, wasn't involved midweek and has been starting fairly regularly in the league recently I think it's likely that him still feeling that injury was the reason for that.

So it seems a not fully fit Sandro is still better than a fit Dembele, now that is saying something

I think there is a lot of harsh criticism of here but some of it is also very justified

My issue with Dembele is what role does he actually play as he can't tackle very well and he is slow to pass so I neither a creator or stopper!!!!

Today was a classic **** up by AVB starting him and Paulinho who IMO are similar although Paulinho is much better . We played without a recognised holding midfielder and lost tackle after tackle in central midfield. If that's moussas job then we have problems as that's not his game IMO

We were in complete control of the ball when Chiriches passed it to Paulinho. Dembele wasn't good today, but blaming him for the goal because of what happened prior to us being in complete control of the ball seems very strange to me.

Paulinho could have done a lot better in that situation, he could have taken a touch instead of letting it run past him and he could have been much stronger in the challenge although I suppose an argument could be made that Chiriches should have played a better pass.
dembele should have released the ball earlier but held on then turned back toward goal almost losing it then playing a pass to Paul who was frankly a disgrace. Dembele is an excellent player but playing him as a holder does not work. His passing lacks confidence so his default is to run or dwell on the ball. He needs to play a more advanced role as he did at Fulham.

Back