• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

How exactly is Paulinho much better than Dembele:ross:

It really beggars how someone can think this imo. I guess it is better being totally invisible than at least trying and playing poorly...me personally i prefer someone getting involved and playing poorly than doing diddly squat for a large chunk of a game.

dembele should have released the ball earlier but held on then turned back toward goal almost losing it then playing a pass to Paul who was frankly a disgrace. Dembele is an excellent player but playing him as a holder does not work. His passing lacks confidence so his default is to run or dwell on the ball. He needs to play a more advanced role as he did at Fulham.
dembele is most effective with Sandro beside him.

Kingdawson;456.739 said:
Our strongest partnership is clearly Sandro and Dembele but i doubt we will ever see it again unless it's forced.

Spot on if they start imo we don't lose today

Hmmm didn't you just make a sarcy post about all our players being ****e?

this one however isn't.

nah, i'm in two places with Dembele. I loved him when he first arrived, might have been that initial partnrship with Sandro, might have been the fact he offered something I hadnt seen at Spurs in a while, the way he would beat a man etc. but the novelty has worn off now, he can still put in performances like that, he has done it at times in the Europa League and the last 25 mintues of Chelsea at home etc.

I just think he shouldnt be starting games unless he's playing next to Sandro as he's only ever looked good next to him.

I quite like this guy but he was awful for you lot today.

This is a nice way of saying he was poor, well Greg I can tell you he has been poor all season, I still cannot make up my mind what he is supposed to be, he sits deep but he's not a DM, he's not a great passer, rarely does **** all in the last third and does not score goals, no right foot and slows play down, also from day one he has kept getting caught in possession.

I'll comment on whatever I want to comment on.

Rather lame tbh.

Not here forever but suddenly reappears after a win...not only that but commenting about Sandro, about Dembele, about the way we played etc etc. Ok you won well done but no need to over do it and rub it in.

Rather lame tbh.

Not here forever but suddenly reappears after a win...not only that but commenting about Sandro, about Dembele, about the way we played etc etc. Ok you won well done but no need to over do it and rub it in.

Just offering my opinion on the game as a long time member of this forum. I don't really get much time online these days due to my job, it can hardly be surprising that I come on after a win on a Sunday night.

I said good things about Sandro. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

This is a nice way of saying he was poor, well Greg I can tell you he has been poor all season, I still cannot make up my mind what he is supposed to be, he sits deep but he's not a DM, he's not a great passer, rarely does **** all in the last third and does not score goals, no right foot and slows play down, also from day one he has kept getting caught in possession.

Agree with this. Not sure even the Mousse knows what he is now.

I strongly disagree with those saying Mousa has been poor this season. He's been no different than last year to be quite honest. It's just we're not getting the results right now and we all need spacegoats. Mouse never scored last year either but no one was saying he's sh*t then.

He had a poor game today but he us a terrific player who has his faults but AVB needs to figure out what he wants from his team and identify what each cog brings to the system.

We just didn't wake up today and Pauly and Mousa were MIA today at times, and whilst it's great to see Greg here again he knows deep down that we should be d*cking Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. We will bounce back again.

Till we have a defined role for him we can't start him surely?

He is a capable quality player who doesn't lose the ball (his big strength), however he isn't a defensive midfielder and currently doesn't attack enough to be a box to box type so what is he?!?!?

Till AVB. Works that out he can't play in an system where everyone has defined roles.

Alternatively play a more flexible system

He was directly responsible for our loss today. I don't get this macho thing he has suddenly gotten into that he has to have a war with every person that comes near him. Sandro sees a pass and plays it straight away. Dembele wants to subjugate every opposing player then spin around like Parker. When he was good it worked and he moved forward.
He ain't good ATM

Back