• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

It was a truly insipid performance from Dembele and he was rightly removed at half time.. He wasn't alone mind you, my questioning lies equally with the lack of desire we showed in the first half, however Dembele seemed to be the most uninterested.

I disagree with you diego in that I believe more often than not Dembele has been poor this season, he hasn't offered anything going forward and looks a shadow of the player he was last season.. His effortless ghosting past players has disappeared and his defensive abilities appear to have diminished too. It's troubling.

I would definitely have Paulinho ahead of him on the team sheet at this stage of the season, at least he gets in good goal scoring positions and appears to give a **** about the shirt, you could never accuse him of being lazy or uninterested, despite the one bad 50-50 effort for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal, a situation brought about by the lackadaisical Dembele in the first place.

Lazy, uninterested? Interesting words. Whether it's fatigue or not, Paulinho went missing for most of that first half. He looked like he was hiding from the ball at times.

Hallelujah.

I don't want to be critical of our players but I'm calling it as I see it. I'm used to seeing Modric, hell even Tommy screaming to give them the ball from the back four. Those feel like golden days now. Mousa doesn't shy from the ball at least. Paulinho looks like he wants to ghost into the box and score, which is fine but he also needs to be bossing that midfield in his position. I think he could do with a break.

I don't want to be critical of our players but I'm calling it as I see it. I'm used to seeing Modric, hell even Tommy screaming to give them the ball from the back four. Those feel like golden days now. Mousa doesn't shy from the ball at least. Paulinho looks like he wants to ghost into the box and score, which is fine but he also needs to be bossing that midfield in his position. I think he could do with a break.

Paulinho bottled a challenge which led to their goal big time, I have criticised Dembele but the ultimate blame lies with AVB, wrong starting 11 and IMO should have swapped Siggy for Lamela instead of going 4-4-2, if we weren't creating chances for Soldado why the **** did he then put Defoe on, big fail.

I strongly disagree with those saying Mousa has been poor this season. He's been no different than last year to be quite honest. It's just we're not getting the results right now and we all need spacegoats. Mouse never scored last year either but no one was saying he's sh*t then.

He had a poor game today but he us a terrific player who has his faults but AVB needs to figure out what he wants from his team and identify what each cog brings to the system.

We just didn't wake up today and Pauly and Mousa were MIA today at times, and whilst it's great to see Greg here again he knows deep down that we should be d*cking Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. We will bounce back again.

I was saying he was **** then! He is even ****ter now. Does this guy ever run? Watch him ambling around the pitch. He offer zilch. Get him off the pay roll in January please!

i think Dembele is simply carrying out team instructions. He is being asked to stay deep, to play it simple. AVB wants 2 deep lying centre mids with one of them making the odd break forward (Paulinho)

Dembele's performances for Fulham and his early days at Spurs were far more dynamic. Its like that dynamism has been knocked out of him

I strongly disagree with those saying Mousa has been poor this season. He's been no different than last year to be quite honest. It's just we're not getting the results right now and we all need spacegoats. Mouse never scored last year either but no one was saying he's sh*t then.

He had a poor game today but he us a terrific player who has his faults but AVB needs to figure out what he wants from his team and identify what each cog brings to the system.

We just didn't wake up today and Pauly and Mousa were MIA today at times, and whilst it's great to see Greg here again he knows deep down that we should be d*cking Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. We will bounce back again.

Agreed.

He's been very good and very important for us in the past and can be so again in the future, one poor 45 minutes doesn't change that.

Seriously? This is one of his worst attributes IMO. Paulinho got on the ball more than he did in the first half on Sunday (check the stats). Moussa shows no urgency to get on the ball.

Mind you, Paulinho's not much better.

They're not a well balanced or naturally complementary duo - let's hope AVB is only playing them together due to injuries to Sandro + Capoue.

He has been **** since he started. Doesnt score, doesnt assist, doesnt tackle. What does he do? Dembele is the definitive passenger, but people only see dribble past a couple of players and suddently he's a world beater. He wasnt even that good as the main man in a crap Fulham side FFS.

I've said it before, Dembele is the new Jenas (only without the goals). Offers nothing going forward, only ever passes square or backwards, slows down attacks by taking too many touches and whilst his ability to hold onto the ball under pressure is superb, it rarely ever achieves more than ball possession, which is the bare minimum for any decent player. I wouldn't ship him out yet, but I wouldn't have him in the team at the moment either. Paulinho, Capoue and Sandro are far better options for us.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Aston Villa interested in wantaway Tottenham midfielder Dembele

TOTTENHAM midfielder Mousa Dembele has expressed his need of a transfer if he is to feature in the World Cup in Brazil next summer, with a host of Premier League sides interested in his services.
By: David Wright

The Belgium international has fallen out-of-favour at White Hart Lane since Spurs' defeat to West Ham, starting just two of the last five games and was brought off at half-time in their latest loss against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Premier League sides are eager to take advantage of the 26-year-old's situation, with the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Aston Villa, Southampton, Cardiff and Swansea interested parties.

They will have to fend off Serie A outfit Napoli, with former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez also reportedly keen to lure Dembele away from north London.

Dembele revealed his dissatisfaction of being on the bench to Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblade ahead of Sunday's defeat against the Magpies: "I can not be satisfied with it, of course, I just want to play as many games.

"The coach explained that he makes a tactical choice, he wants more defensive players in midfield."

Tottenham bought Dembele from Fulham in August 2012 for a fee of £15million and has since made 61 appearances for the club, scoring two goals along the way.

But Dembele fears for his chances of playing in the World Cup as he attempts to beat Marouane Fellaini, Axel Witsel, Eden Hazard, Steven Defour, Nacer Chadli and Kevin De Bruyne to a regular first-team spot.

The powerful midfielder will have to play week in, week out to impress Belgium boss Marc Wilmots, and that may mean finding a new club in the January transfer window with competition for creative midfielders at Spurs so high, with the likes of Paulinho, Erik Lamela, Lewis Holtby, Chadli, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Christian Eriksen all fighting for a place.

-------------------------------------

Not sure why they are reporting that Dembele wants out as there is no quote on that. But he cannot expect to start every match now as he has not been playing well since last season. You cannot be satisfied with his contribution to our attacks.

Dembele can be excellent when deployed and instructed the right way, and when on song.

I think he is just knackered from playing too much (when Sandro/Capoue were out) and no longer has an "exciting" role that people can latch onto - it is all a bit safe and meh right now.

If Sandro and Capoue are fit, play them and give the guy a chance to recharge, as he's a good player when fired up and aimed in the right direction.

He's done great things against Man Utd and Lyon, don't see why he can't do that again.

Maybe our "cram them into their box" tactic doesn't suit his style.

Dembele's just being worn down by AVB, a more expressive manager would get him back to playing his best.

Back