• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I thought he was utter brick yesterday, too many touches, never moving forward into space, sloppy passing. He was just lucky that that stunning goal is what people will remember. That time in the first half when Bale went bombing down the left and Dembele had a simple pass on into the space, and he turned inside and played it square summed up his performance yesterday. Jenas used to get slaughtered for doing what Dembele has been doing the last few months.

Jury is still out for me on what Dembele's best position is in this team. In the role he seems to play under AVB of linking up the midfield to the forwards, he tends to retain possession too long and seemingly lacks the creativity to pick out a nice pinpoint forward pass unless it's an obvious one and the doors wide open. He often dribbles then passes sideways or backwards which really slows our play down and allows the opposition to get back into position. To me it's clear that at his current level he struggles to perform this role, don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's rubbish and should be dropped but we need to get someone that is better suited along the lines of Moutinho, this would help the flow of our attacking game improve.

From what I've seen so far of Moussa in a Tottenham shirt I believe he could make an excellent defensive midfielder very similar to Sandro, someone who can not only break down attacks with strong tackling and body strength, but can maintain possession and provide mobility and energy.

Last edited:
AVB reports that Adebayor and Dembele are fine after coming off injured.

although he said that after Sandro too.

Hopefully he's right this time. Just imagine us finally having two available strikers again, only to see one get injured... :banghead:

That said, the most important thing is that Dembele is fine.

I believe him, it looked like he was meant to be coming back on and Livermore was going on for someone else but there was some confusion and he had to stay off the pitch. AVB didn't look amused....

I noticed this too, albeit only on TV, but looked to me like Dembele was all returning to the field of play, so can't have been anything too bad.

BE25ZFWCQAAbEMC.png

Dembele was outstanding today. By far the best player on the pitch. I was against him playing right midfield today because he is so good in central midfield but damn he looked outstanding, got in good positions, had more time on the ball. I wouldn't mind him playing there if we had Holtby instead of Livermore.

Dembele was outstanding today. By far the best player on the pitch. I was against him playing right midfield today because he is so good in central midfield but damn he looked outstanding, got in good positions, had more time on the ball. I wouldn't mind him playing there if we had Holtby instead of Livermore.

The thing is livermore looked good in his last few sub appearances so i can see why he was given the nod, but yet again after being given a start he has not risen to the occasion. Think a season long loan at a slugger club like sunderland and we could get a 5m fee for him. Not the future not for us, a nice back up but not one to rely on.

I guess his unbeaten streak is well and truly gone:(

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

BTW what happened with the scuffle at the end?

Agree with the bolded statement but by far the best player on the pitch? Afraid you're over-egging it there my friend. Verthonghen was also outstanding and at least on a par.

Agree with the bolded statement but by far the best player on the pitch? Afraid you're over-egging it there my friend. Verthonghen was also outstanding and at least on a par.

Indeed, judging by the ratings thread Vertonghen was the best player on the pitch... :-"

Lloris - 5 - conceded 3, fault for the 2nd.

Walker - 3 - didnt do much, gave the ball away too much, fault for the 2nd.
Dawson - 6 - nothing really troubled him, not bad, not spectacular
Vertonghen - 9 - world class
Ekotto - 4 - what a silly tackle, jumping into a diver without even having eyes on the ball.

Dembele - 8.5 - world class
Livermore - 4 - go home
Parker - 7 - good performance, looked tired after his mid week game
Sigurdsson - 6 - was okay in spells, should have done better when he hit the post

Bale - 7 - anonymous but gets high marks for his two great assists
Defoe - 3 - lol

You're not wrong about Vertonghen. Vertonghen scored two great goals, but Dembele was better if you take them away imo.

Back