• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

My problem with Dembele is that he seems to have no idea of who is around him. That and he seems to want to score the perfect goal.

Parker was the better of the two today but I think both of these players suffer from a similar problem in that they don't release the ball early enough. Parker in fairness did try to force it a bit more at 1-1 and had some horrible passes, but also a few excellent ones. One inside the full back to Lennon I remember.

Dembele has been great for us this season so he is allowed an off game every now and then.

Dembele has become an average player lately, he doesn't make those gut busting runs and actually doesn't seem to do a great deal of anything. I don't know whether he needs a rest as since he came back from his injury earlier in the season he has struggled to hit the same heights as he did before. We know how good he can be but we need to manage him back to those same levels again/

No. You all overrated Dembele as some second coming of Luka Modric, no he's not. He's a superb footballer who is great on the ball, we all knew his passing wasnt good, we all knew he wasnt the greatest finisher so why all the hate now? I don't get it. Are you expecting a player to be consistant the whole season? Especially now Sandro is injured, they were the best partnership in the league. You take Sandro out and you have someone weaker in every department than Sandro.

You play Dembele 38 times, he'll be class for 20 odd games and the rest he won't be at his best. It was the same with Modric who could do no wrong. SO MANY times last year Modric went missing, but he'd pull out the odd bit of class and he'd be jizzed over.

Did he have a bad game today? Not really. Did he make a mark on the game? Not really, but has he EVER this season? He plays a 2 man midfield and he shouldn't be. He should be a in a 3 man midfield alongside Sandro and Holtby/Sigurdsson. Simple as that but it won't happen. His work rate is unreal, he pulls off some unbelievable tackles when it's not even his job.

No surprise that a few poor games WITHOUT his natural parner in the middle and he gets brick on. Got to love the fickleness of Spurs fans, then again I don't surprise anything less from the most fickle fans in the league.

No. You all overrated Dembele as some second coming of Luka Modric, no he's not. He's a superb footballer who is great on the ball, we all knew his passing wasnt good, we all knew he wasnt the greatest finisher so why all the hate now? I don't get it. Are you expecting a player to be consistant the whole season? Especially now Sandro is injured, they were the best partnership in the league. You take Sandro out and you have someone weaker in every department than Sandro.

You play Dembele 38 times, he'll be class for 20 odd games and the rest he won't be at his best. It was the same with Modric who could do no wrong. SO MANY times last year Modric went missing, but he'd pull out the odd bit of class and he'd be jizzed over.

Did he have a bad game today? Not really. Did he make a mark on the game? Not really, but has he EVER this season? He plays a 2 man midfield and he shouldn't be. He should be a in a 3 man midfield alongside Sandro and Holtby/Sigurdsson. Simple as that but it won't happen. His work rate is unreal, he pulls off some unbelievable tackles when it's not even his job.

No surprise that a few poor games WITHOUT his natural parner in the middle and he gets brick on. Got to love the fickleness of Spurs fans, then again I don't surprise anything less from the most fickle fans in the league.

I think I agree with this sentiment...

However, my 'issue' with him, if you can call it that, is that he doesn't try and get on the ball enough - something that is much more 'correctable' than poor technical ability.

I think I agree with this sentiment...

However, my 'issue' with him, if you can call it that, is that he doesn't try and get on the ball enough - something that is much more 'correctable' than poor technical ability.

I see him calling for the ball ALL the time and no one gives it to him. Was a chance in the second half when Parker should have passed to Dembele but he gave it to Dempsey in stead and it found its way to holtby in the end who done nothing with it

Oh for heaven's sake.

I see him calling for the ball ALL the time and no one gives it to him. Was a chance in the second half when Parker should have passed to Dembele but he gave it to Dempsey in stead and it found its way to holtby in the end who done nothing with it

Interesting, have to agree to disgree for now, maybe return to this after the next game. I remember watching him for Belgium soon after we bought him and I thought it then, and still think it now. I think he's a very solid all-round player who shows flashes of brilliance, and that the only thing holding him back is not getting on the ball enough (Parker had 66 passes today, Dembele 43 - of course that doesn't tell the whole story in terms of how involved they are on the ball, but it supports what I felt I saw during the match - Parker showing a real desire to get on the ball, and Dembele being a bit more nonchalant in that respect).

Interesting, have to agree to disgree for now, maybe return to this after the next game. I remember watching him for Belgium soon after we bought him and I thought it then, and still think it now. I think he's a very solid all-round player who shows flashes of brilliance, and that the only thing holding him back is not getting on the ball enough (Parker had 66 passes today, Dembele 43 - of course that doesn't tell the whole story in terms of how involved they are on the ball, but it supports what I felt I saw during the match - Parker showing a real desire to get on the ball, and Dembele being a bit more nonchalant in that respect).

I suppose if Dembele wanted to be pointless and pass back to defenders, recieve the ball back, pass back to them etc he could but I get the impression Dembele doesnt really want to recycle to keep posession like Parker does.

take your Modric ball sack glasses off. Let me guess, "BUT MODRIC WAS SIGNED BY REAL MADRID FOR BIG MONEY, HE IS WORLD CLASS"?

I can give you the games if you'd like?

So when did I claim he was world class. On the other hand it took him a while to establish himdelf at tottenham, and I have no doubt he'll get there with RM eventually.

Mumorn. I ain't signing up for your rant. Of course Modric went missing on occasion, who doesn't, but you have to judge his overall contribution. Last season was not his best but to slag him like that off considering his overall contribution is imo disrespectful.

So when did I claim he was world class. On the other hand it took him a while to establish himdelf at tottenham, and I have no doubt he'll get there with RM eventually.

Mumorn. I ain't signing up for your rant. Of course Modric went missing on occasion, who doesn't, but you have to judge his overall contribution. Last season was not his best but to slag him like that off considering his overall contribution is imo disrespectful.

I just imagined you thought he was. Many proclaimed last year that he was and he's "TOO GOOD" for us. Absolute bollox. No way will he make it at Real Madrid, quote me on it, he may win trophies there but so did Jose Antonio Reyes.

I'm not slagging Modric off, when did I say that? At times he was great last year just like so far this year at times Dembele has been, like bossing the best team in the country on 3 seperate occassions in the same season.

Mumorn, I don't think it's fickle if we describe how Dembele isn't hitting the same heights that he did, is it?

In the same way we praise a player for doing well during their good games, why can't we talk about his poorer games and not be seen as anything other than fans reflecting the performances that the players give.

I have no doubt that Dembele is good but he needs to find form again or be rested.

Mumorn, I don't think it's fickle if we describe how Dembele isn't hitting the same heights that he did, is it?

In the same way we praise a player for doing well during their good games, why can't we talk about his poorer games and not be seen as anything other than fans reflecting the performances that the players give.

I have no doubt that Dembele is good but he needs to find form again or be rested.

We drop Dembele and I have no doubt our midfield turns to brick and we realise how important he is defensively as well as offensively. I suppose we could drop Holtby back or just start Livermore next to Parker, why not?

He hasn't played well recently. Can't be just because Sandro is not playing alongside surely?

Of course.

They are superb together. Watch a game from earlier in the season when both played, you see how well they compliment. Always making eachother available for eachother etc. then watch game with him and Parker.

Of course.

They are superb together. Watch a game from earlier in the season when both played, you see how well they compliment. Always making eachother available for eachother etc. then watch game with him and Parker.

But his passing has been sloppy and he didn't ghost past people today like he normally does.

I hope AVB gets a chance to rest him soon. He needs it. This is the thick part of the season in terms of slogging through important games and picking up points. The last two wins have been very very encouraging because we are absolutely a little 'off' and a little injured in key areas of the pitch...IF we can rest him a bit, he will find his way again. It's a DIFFERENT midfield for sure without The Beast, but I thought both he and Parker hung in really well today despite not being at their best. Our effort off the ball today was bordering on excellent, and Dembele did throw his body around and get physical...

Back