• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

068077.jpg

Hmmm, weren't we either winning or drawing when he was actually on the field though?

Really thought he would come on and help us recover and beat Leeds. Really disappointed he didn't even contribute anything of note. Maybe we are expecting too much from him.

Really thought he would come on and help us recover and beat Leeds. Really disappointed he didn't even contribute anything of note. Maybe we are expecting too much from him.

Same here. Dembele just hasn't looked quite as commanding since he returned from his injury layoff, aside from a few glimpses of his best form during the ManU game.

Hasn't looked commanding? did you not watch the United game where bossed the Man Utd midfield? I know you mentioned it but since he came back he has had one bad game and that was QPR. Mainly down to the fact that our most consistant and best performer this season, his partner Sandro got injured and he had to forge a new partnership with Parker.

Dembele isn't appreciated ENOUGH on here if anything. A bit like Lennon before he people suddenly realised (even though it was popular knowledge before) that he defended well.

Hasn't looked commanding? did you not watch the United game where bossed the Man Utd midfield? I know you mentioned it but since he came back he has had one bad game and that was QPR. Mainly down to the fact that our most consistant and best performer this season, his partner Sandro got injured and he had to forge a new partnership with Parker.

Dembele isn't appreciated ENOUGH on here if anything. A bit like Lennon before he people suddenly realised (even though it was popular knowledge before) that he defended well.

Not correct to say Dembele doesn't get appreciated here. I think it is more like we are expecting too much from him as he is supposed to be the replacement for Modric. Anyway, he has not really performed to his best since returning from the injury, especially in helping our attacks. He has not contributed goal or assists in his last 10 matches. His 1 goal and 3 assists came before he got injured.

Dembele still has trophy hope
Monday 28th January 2013 17:07

Mousa Dembele still believes Tottenham can lift a trophy this season despite their surprise FA Cup exit to Leeds at the weekend.

Spurs were beaten 2-1 by the Championship side in the fourth-round tie at Elland Road, with Andre Villas-Boas' men unable to emulate the form which has seen them go seven games unbeaten in the Premier League.

The Europa League is now the only competition in which Tottenham can still claim silverware, having not won a major trophy since the 2008 Carling Cup.

Sunday's defeat to Leeds was a disappointing comedown after Spurs held Manchester United to a hard-fought home draw the weekend before.

But while Belgium midfielder Dembele admits his side were lacking motivation on Sunday, he believes they have the quality to win silverware.

Dembele, who came off the bench near the hour mark at Elland Road, told the London Evening Standard: "The most difficult thing is to think every week as you would if you were playing (Manchester) United.

"It is very easy to motivate yourself against them but when you have a team like this (Leeds) it's a bit more difficult, because they have everything to gain.

"You have to give extra energy to motivate yourself and maybe that was a bit of a problem for us but we still feel we can win a trophy this season, because there is a lot of quality in our group.

"It is a bit disappointing that the FA Cup is over but it is great that we have another trophy to get, so we will try to win that one."

---------------------------

It is nice to keep our belief in the team's ability despite losing to Leeds in FA Cup. But at the moment, find it laughable that Dembele came out to say we can still win the Europa League. Lyon and Inter are not going to be easy opponents like Leeds whom we had just lost to. It is better if the players stop coming out with statements like that before the matches and prove their worth on the field instead.

It is nice to keep our belief in the team's ability despite losing to Leeds in FA Cup. But at the moment, find it laughable that Dembele came out to say we can still win the Europa League. Lyon and Inter are not going to be easy opponents like Leeds whom we had just lost to. It is better if the players stop coming out with statements like that before the matches and prove their worth on the field instead.

Why is it laughable that Dembele thinks we can win the Europa League? We're one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in Europe, for crying out loud. It would be laughable if Dembele didn't think that we could win the Europa league.

Dembele wasn't making an idle boast. He didn't say that it would be easy to beat either Lyon or Inter or any other team that we might have to play. He didn't say that Spurs would win the Europa League. He merely said that we are capable of winning it. And he's quite right to do so.

So stop your moaning.

Anyone else think that Parker and Dembele were playing opposite roles today to what they should be? Parker was far more involved on the ball and seemed to get forward a lot more, whilst Dembele rarely looked for the ball and also tracked back well and made more tackles than Parker.

If it wasn't for Sandro, I'm starting to wonder if we should be looking for an attacking / creative CM to play alongside Dembele as a more defensive CM. To me he has all the attributes of a great attacking CM, but (in some ways) the mindset of a more defensive midfielder.

Dembele has been very frustrating recently. He is trying to take on to many people and losses it in silly places. His decision making has been poor aswell, the 1 2 with Bale that never happened is an example.

I'd take any solution that involves him not playing next to Parker. I honestly would rather Livermore to him, Jake has ability on the ball and I'm sick of us losing possession because of Parkers awful passing.....

Holtby/Parker would be a superb partnership. I think it would be very similar to Modric/Parker. but I still wouldnt drop Dembele. Just need to try and find somewhere for him. I think we'd get away with midfield 3 of them two and Dembele if Dempsey doesnt start.

Thing is then you'd need one of those three to be contributing with goals. Certainly not Parker, not looking like Dembele, can Holtby step up?

I just wish Dembele would try to get on the ball more often... he seems rather nonchalant in his movement when we're in possession.

Had a very poor passing game today, would like to see Holtby/Parker for Lyon and give Moussa a break.

I'd take any solution that involves him not playing next to Parker. I honestly would rather Livermore to him, Jake has ability on the ball and I'm sick of us losing possession because of Parkers awful passing.....

Parker's game is pretty straightforward - he harries, he gets stuck in and he stops the opposition from playing their game. Feel like counting how many blocks did he do in the game?

The problem is that Parker is having to also take on the playmaker role because his midfield partner did not even do ONE F***** FORWARD PASS OF ANY CONSEQUENCE ALL MATCH TODAY, as well as the last one, and the one before that and before that....

Did he ever do that last year? Of course not, because he was partnered by a genuine passer of the ball and being intelligent recognised that passing it to Modric was the better option. However after seeing Dembele dribble his way up one blind alley after another and after another, he clearly has understood that even his limited passing is a better option that giving the ball to Dembele. And even then sid we ever see Dembele play in Bale, as Parker did by that astute reverse pass in the first half, or Lennon in the second?

Last edited:
Back