• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Mourinho patience running thin as Real told to up bid for Modric after Spurs reject £38m bid

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uka-Modric-bid-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz22Fh6VI3K

Claimed to be £38m elsewhere..

Crazy figure to be turning down. Though I guess we don't now the structure of the transfer.

Though the fact that levy wants it now gives me hope that he wants to spend it..

That article actually says:

The latest to be refused is a £30million offer plus an additional £8m in add-ons spread across the length of the Croatian's contract.

Modric can be placed alongside some of out top CM players,

Hoddle was a lot better

Gazza also was

Modric reminds me so much of Ossie and i would put them on a par.

Reading some Spurs books and in particular The Boys in White; I got the impression the players rated Ardiles more than Hoddle.

Give us £35m straight cash and Sahin on loan or £30 and Sahin on a permanent deal and Luka can finally fudge off.

fudging this!

And i don't mind keeping him. If he is tinkled for us saying he can go and putting a price on him and Real isn't willing to pay up, he should be tinkled at them!

fair enough, I think I misunderstood Rossi's original statement. I think Parker was better than Modric and Sandro last year hence why he got POTY, and currently he is our best CM IMO. However going forward Sandro will be better and would have been good to see Modders too. But he can fcuk right off now.

How can someone who cannot pass forward, cannot tackle without diving in; which is the minimum prerequisite for a DM be better than Sandro? Parker has no tactical brain at all and never thinks ahead with what he does. He does not see the bigger picture with his passing and only looks to get rid of the ball to the CB as quickly as possible. Tactically he stops the game for us and doesn't contribute in a positive manner. He is the type of player you want when you need to Park the bus; but that has never been our problem in recent years.

Last edited:
Give us £35m straight cash and Sahin on loan or £30 and Sahin on a permanent deal and Luka can finally fudge off.

Either of those options would be good.

If RM are actually offering £35-38mil or whatever and Levy is still not budging then Modric can show how much he wants to go by forgoing any loyalty bonuses or even paying the last £2mil himself.

How can someone who cannot pass forward, cannot tackle without diving in; which is the minimum prerequisite for a DM be better than Sandro? Parker has no tactical brain at all and never thinks ahead with what he does. He does not see the bigger picture with his passing and only looks to get rid of the ball to the CB as quickly as possible. Tactically he stops the game for us and doesn't contribute in a positive manner. He is the type of player you want when you need to Park the bus; but that has never been our problem in recent years.

Thank GHod someone is watching the same parker as me. Receiving the ball, carrying on running towards your own fullback at great pace and firing off a straight 4 yard pass in the direction your facing is not good enough.

Parker is the element holding back our passing game, rather than contributing he makes it harder.

I have never once witnessed him receive the ball look up and change the direction of the play, and i never will.

Thank GHod someone is watching the same parker as me. Receiving the ball, carrying on running towards your own fullback at great pace and firing off a straight 4 yard pass in the direction your facing is not good enough.

Parker is the element holding back our passing game, rather than contributing he makes it harder.

I have never once witnessed him receive the ball look up and change the direction of the play, and i never will.

That is not his job, he is there to win it and give it, by passing the ball quickly even if not forward he is doing his bit, surely you can see what he brings to the team, if you cannot I find that unbelievable.

True, but if you don't pass the ball whilst you yourself are being closed down then you also lose it.

Which is why I'd happily give up some defensive ability in lieu of either good ability on the ball (Modric) or having the vision to see an attacking move play out and release the ball before getting closed down (Hudd/Sandro).

REAL MADRID are threatening to pull out of their chase for Luka Modric — because Spurs want more money up front.
The Spaniards thought they had sealed a £36million deal for the Croatian midfielder.

They want to pay £30m initially with the rest over FIVE YEARS — suggesting they will offer Modric a five-year contract.

But Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy insists Madrid must hand over most of the fee in one cash payment — and the remainder in no more than 12 months.

Mourinho patience running thin as Real told to up bid for Modric after Spurs reject £38m bid

Its funny, isn't it? Madrid are threatening to pull out of the deal and Mourinho is getting impatient and its all because Levy is refusing to sell a player we would prefer to keep under terms dictated by Madrid. Its reported as if its Levy being unreasonable and not helping poor little Madrid get what they want,

What do they expect to happen? Madrid pull out, Mourinho stamps his feet and pouts, forcing Levy to run and beg them to buy the player as a favour to us?

Stobart is supposedly well connected, right? No quotes though.

Tottenham turn down Carvalho & Sahin to hold out for cash-only £40m Modric deal

I didn't understand this story.

So AVB thinks Sahin won't cut it in the PL but may go for him later if he decides that suddenly isn't the case? Either he thinks he can cut it or he doesn't.

Interesting that Wenger thought Modric wouldn't cut it, but he was proved wrong. Seems to me that Sahin would be that exact type of player that could also prove people wrong in that sense. I dunno, if that's true maybe AVB has a perspective that I'm missing.

I just hope we don't suddenly decide we want him because Moutinho costs too much but Sahin has already gone to Arsenal.

So AVB thinks Sahin won't cut it in the PL but may go for him later if he decides that suddenly isn't the case? Either he thinks he can cut it or he doesn't.

Interesting that Wenger thought Modric wouldn't cut it, but he was proved wrong. Seems to me that Sahin would be that exact type of player that could also prove people wrong in that sense. I dunno, if that's true maybe AVB has a perspective that I'm missing.

I just hope we don't suddenly decide we want him because Moutinho costs too much but Sahin has already gone to Arsenal.
... that is if sahin succeeds at arsenal.

i guess we really don't know enough of the proceedings to say why e.g. sahin could have been valued too high so Levy only wanted a straight sale. in any case, we shouldn't be too fussed if we kept modric (and got back ade) right?

That piece was about 5 lines earlier. Looks like they fleshed it out.

Yes it does seem to contradict itself a little. I personally think Sahin is worth a go if Modders leaves. Moutinho would be the safer bet, as far as AVB is concerned anyway, but there's no way Levy is forking out 30mil. I just can't see it.

That is not his job, he is there to win it and give it, by passing the ball quickly even if not forward he is doing his bit, surely you can see what he brings to the team, if you cannot I find that unbelievable.

I can definitely see what he brings to the team.

I can also see that he is an lncredibly limited footballer.

True, but if you don't pass the ball whilst you yourself are being closed down then you also lose it.

If you have the ability to operate as a footballer outside of a straight line then you can normally find some space, and not constantly have to arrow straight balls at defenders.

Parker doesnt pass the ball, he just transfers pressure from himself to someone else (usually a defender).

If you have the ability to operate as a footballer outside of a straight line then you can normally find some space, and not constantly have to arrow straight balls at defenders.

Parker doesnt pass the ball, he just transfers pressure from himself to someone else (usually a defender).

Thats unfair.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, if AVB plays his supposedly favourite system then Parker, VDV, Defoe and Lennon do not fit IMO.

Back