• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Seriously. You can have Hoddle, Gazza and Berbatov.

Ginola - yeah, good player to watch, highlighted by playing in an abysmal side. Never thought of as being amongst the top tier of players, couldn't get in the French squad, did nothing of note either side of a good 18 months here. For an attacking player he barely has a better goalscoring record than Luka.

Waddle - what's he ever done

Villa/Ardiles - Living off one goal and having the Argentine novelty

Sheringham - A good striker, wouldn't have cut it with the real big boys, in and out of the national side

Klinsmann - past his best, played one full season

King - A Tottenham great but injuries stopped him from being a footballing great

They're all Tottenham greats, I get that. But our history is overstated by you lot, you'd think we'd be up there with Utd and Liverpool what with all these amazing players we've had. Whatever I think of them or what you think of them, Modric is still one of(however you define that) the greatest players to have played for Tottenham - not a Tottenham great, a footballing great that happened to have worn a Spurs shirt. He'll soon be dominating with the biggest club in the world, good luck to him.

Ginola - If you'd even read my comments, I said I agree!

Waddle - what's he ever done - What's MODRIC ever done? Waddle took back to back titles in France btw. But that's not the point, he was a brilliant, brilliant footballer who nearly helped England to a World Cup final save the hand of GHod

Villa/Ardiles - Living off one goal and having the Argentine novelty WTF? They delivered us FA and UEFA Cup success for one thing and some of the best football Spurs have seen outside of the sixties!

Sheringham - A good striker, wouldn't have cut it with the real big boys, in and out of the national side - He DID cut it, he won the CL with Manchester United ffs

Klinsmann - past his best, played one full season - if you're going to talk about whether a player is "great" or not, you cannot just refer to one period of time. Klinsmann was an incredible striker

King - A Tottenham great but injuries stopped him from being a footballing great - A foobtaller who lead us to the quarter final of the CL without being able to train a single day on an actual football pitch is not a great LOL! Name me a single other player who could do the same.

And with all of that, I go back to the point that, as good as Modric is when Spurs are playing well, he is impotent when things are not going his way and has choked in a lot of big matches. So, he has been great for us, but career wise, he is MILES behind that list.

Gah, earning my name.

If anyone can come close to naming 10 midfielders better than him at Spurs in the last 20 years I would be shocked.

A Gray, Dozzell, Howells, Allen, Nielsen, Berti, Saib, Freund, Sherwood, Zokora,

I don't care about their careers and what they've done elsewhere. Waddle winning the French league or Sheringham winning the CL with Utd as a 4th choice striker means nothing in this case, I'm judging purely on how good they were when they played for Spurs. If we had a team full of Modric calibre players then we'd have some real history rather than one off cup wins here and there. I don't know how King lead us to a CL quarter final either, he didn't play a single game in the competition did he?

Modric is like Berbatov in the way that he looks good in a Spurs shirt, but once he takes the next step up to a really big club like Berba did, he too will be one of many outstanding players and the Madrid fans wont be as appreciative of his ability as we are

Man United fans can't tolerate Berbatov's lack of effort and workrate. Say what you like about him being languid, he is lazy and sulks when things don't go his way. They've had Berbs for 4 seasons now so they are just as qualified to offer an opinion of him as we are.

Last edited:
I don't care about their careers and what they've done elsewhere. Waddle winning the French league or Sheringham winning the CL with Utd as a 4th choice striker means nothing in this case, I'm judging purely on how good they were when they played for Spurs. If we had a team full of Modric calibre players then we'd have some real history rather than one off cup wins here and there. I don't know how King lead us to a CL quarter final either, he didn't play a single game in the competition did he?

You say that, but then you used Ginola getting axed by Gerard Houllier after France failed to qualify for USA 94 as a stick to beat him with. Cantona was also spacegoated, is he not a great player?

Man United fans can't tolerate Berbatov's lack of effort and workrate. Say what you like about him being languid, he is lazy and sulks when things don't go his way. They've had Berbs for 4 seasons now so they are just as qualified to offer an opinion of him as we are.

Thing with Berbatov is, his goalscoring record at Man Utd is phenomenal with 48 goals in 108 games for them in the league!

I mean their careers elsewhere, when they weren't playing for Spurs. If Messi joins us when he's 35 then we can say we had the greatest player to have ever lived(this is where someone says lolololol it's Pele or Maradona) playing for us, but none of it is relevant to Spurs.

Thing with Berbatov is, his goalscoring record at Man Utd is phenomenal with 48 goals in 108 games for them in the league!

It would look a lot better without numerous 10 minute sub appearances too. I still think he's as talented as anyone in that squad but Fergie wants athleticism and youth over Berba's genius.

Davids is the best central midfielder to play for us in the PL era and was very good for half a season. He rightly doesn't make our best midfield lists. though.

But as I said before, United fans and Fergie won't tolerate a player that doesn't always put a shift in. Spurs fans will always love a maverick like Berbatov, but you need more than ability to win the United faithful over.

as qualified to judge yes, but Spurs fans remember his football as GHod like whereas Utd fans are not that impressed...Why? because they have been spolied over the years in terms of striking talent whereas Spurs fans have had to put up with garbage over the years. We were wowed by Berba, they were like "whats all the fuss about"

same will happen with Modric, a jewel in our midfield, but a player who Real dont need to spend 35 mill on as their fans are already saying. Exceptional to us, normal to them

Davids is the best central midfielder to play for us in the PL era and was very good for half a season. He rightly doesn't make our best midfield lists. though.

I'd have him behind Luka and Carrick, it's a joke how Parker finished 2nd in the CM voting though. He's not even our 2nd best CM right now, let alone over the past 20 years.

Ginola - yeah, good player to watch, highlighted by playing in an abysmal side. Never thought of as being amongst the top tier of players, couldn't get in the French squad, did nothing of note either side of a good 18 months here. For an attacking player he barely has a better goalscoring record than Luka.

Sheringham - A good striker, wouldn't have cut it with the real big boys, in and out of the national side

King - A Tottenham great but injuries stopped him from being a footballing great

They're all Tottenham greats, I get that. But our history is overstated by you lot, you'd think we'd be up there with Utd and Liverpool what with all these amazing players we've had. Whatever I think of them or what you think of them, Modric is still one of(however you define that) the greatest players to have played for Tottenham - not a Tottenham great, a footballing great that happened to have worn a Spurs shirt. He'll soon be dominating with the biggest club in the world, good luck to him.

What's Modric ever done? Never won anything for us. How can a midfielder who is prone to going missing in a lot of the big games and only averages about 4 goals a season be one of our greatest ever players?

Our 2nd/3rd best player now? Absolutely. A joy to watch? Yes. One of our best players in the last decade? Yes.

You do realise that we won back to back FA Cups with Villa and Ardiles don'y you? Not to mention we won the UEFA Cup and regularly finished in the top 5 during the 80s. We were known as one of the "big five" alongside Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Everton.

Blaspheme and utter bollox fella. Ginola got dropped from the french side for making a stupid pass across field which led to their opponents scoring last minute thus they did not make it into the World Cup. He was not picked again plus France had one of if not the best teams in the World then hence them winning the World Cup. Ginola was one of THE best players to play for Spurs and you putting Modric ahead of him! hahahahaha

Modric is a good player, but not a great and will not be regarded as one of the greatest tottenham players....

Last edited:
Blaspheme and utter bollox fella. Ginola got dropped from the french side for making a stupid pass across field which led to their opponents scoring last minute thus they did not make it into the World Cup. He was not picked again plus France had one of if not the best teams in the World then hence them winning the World Cup. Ginola was one of THE best players to play for Spurs and you putting Modric ahead of him! hahahahaha

Modric is a good player, but not a great and will not be regarded as one of the greatest tottenham players....

Only because he has the ability to further himself, as we'll see next season. If Ledley had two working knees then he'd have probably been off five or six years ago as well.

Back