• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Thats unfair.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, if AVB plays his supposedly favourite system then Parker, VDV, Defoe and Lennon do not fit IMO.

AVBs preferred system being a 433? Defoe is the only one who doesnt obviously fit IMO, although even then he is able to "ddo a job".

Lennon and VDV can play the right forward role. VDV coming a little narrow with Walker on the overlap. Lennon causing all sort of trouble (but would need to be more confident in front of goal)

Every 3 man midfield needs a defensive minded player. And while Parker is limited on the ball, as long as he plays the protective/deep position and gives it to one of the many options around him simply he will be fine.

Reading some Spurs books and in particular The Boys in White; I got the impression the players rated Ardiles more than Hoddle.

Well i do not know about that, but i was lucky enough to see both of them play many times and although they were both great players i would say Hoddle was best.

Well i do not know about that, but i was lucky enough to see both of them play many times and although they were both great players i would say Hoddle was best.

Indeed, but they were (as you know - I'm just staying the obvious!) different. The moment I saw Modric play I felt he was the closest I'd ever seen to Ardiles, when we signed him I laughed at the notion he was too frail for the perm, and I had the chance (luckily) to ask Ossie himself about the comparison, and he felt it as very fair though being the modest man he is, he was quick to say he felt Luka was a better player!!! But Glenn? Just a different world to virtually anyone, so two-footed too, he had everything...it remains our single biggest tragedy that he could not get the luck/breaks/support to push through as manager for us, because I think he could've been amazing. There again, I think England also blew it MASSIVELY. Had they stuck with him, we'd have won the Euros by now IMHO...

At the moment it's something like £400m turnover with a £200m wage bill.

Theyre all ****s supported by the government etc.

The government support them as theyre a fudging tourist attraction. Part of the reason people go to Madrid is to see Real Madrid and the best players in the world.

All corrupt. All ****s. I mean didnt the government even pay for the training ground only to 'loan; it back to Real Madrid?

Theyre all ****s supported by the government etc.

The government support them as theyre a fudging tourist attraction. Part of the reason people go to Madrid is to see Real Madrid and the best players in the world.

All corrupt. All ****s. I mean didnt the government even pay for the training ground only to 'loan; it back to Real Madrid?

yeah.. As spain are currently now going bankrupt don't they think it would be a good time to start getting RM to pay taxes?

Wait Hart Lane: Modric could start the season at Tottenham admits AVB

Real Madrid target is a "tremendous talent" says Spurs boss and there have been no offers that reflect what a good player he is

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas hs warned that wantaway Luka Modric could start the season at White Hart Lane unless the club’s £40million valuation is met.

Croatia midfielder Modric, linked with Spanish champions Real Madrid, went AWOL before the Tottenham squad flew to the US for a pre-season tour.

He eventually reported for duty and has been training alone and working on fitness during punishing double sessions at Spurs’ new HQ as his team-mates have played games in Los Angeles, Baltimore and New York.

Real say they won't pay more than £27m for the player, and the signs are the saga could drag on past the beginning of the Premier League campaign in just over two weeks and all the way to deadline day at the end of the month.

Villas-Boas said of Modric: “He has to pick up his fitness, but we are talking about a player with tremendous talent.

“We have to see how the player feels mentally to the return and the fact the club has not received any offers for the talent that he is.

“I have to speak to the player, but I think he will understand as he is a good professional who has served Tottenham to the highest level.

“Hopefully we will get him back, but if not we will continue to monitor his situation and improve his fitness on an individual basis.”

I don't think that you can really compare Sahin and Gio

Gio had arguably performed much better and scored a few good goals prior to leaving. Sahin has been a shadow up to now and is still being 'quoted' on potential rather than product

Madrid paid about 30 mill pounds for Xabi Alonso, and tbh i dont see Modric as better than him so thats probably why Real are also reluctant to part with 10 mill more than what they paid for Alonso

Madrid paid about 30 mill pounds for Xabi Alonso, and tbh i dont see Modric as better than him so thats probably why Real are also reluctant to part with 10 mill more than what they paid for Alonso

Unfortunately for them the market has changed completely since then.

They also spent 80m on Ronaldo remember.

Didn't Modric sign his last contract in 2010, meaning he can buy out the rest of his contract in 2013 according to UEFA rules?

That's the Webster ruling (by CAS?).

The clubs aren't keen on using it and its only been used by low profile players so far. But potentially Modric could use it next year, although the final decision would be for the courts.

Possibly one reason Levy is willing to sell this year. If Modric won he might be able to buyout his contract for only £6m (3 x 52 x 40k pw).

Back