• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

as qualified to judge yes, but Spurs fans remember his football as GHod like whereas Utd fans are not that impressed...Why? because they have been spolied over the years in terms of striking talent whereas Spurs fans have had to put up with garbage over the years. We were wowed by Berba, they were like "whats all the fuss about"

same will happen with Modric, a jewel in our midfield, but a player who Real dont need to spend 35 mill on as their fans are already saying. Exceptional to us, normal to them

Have you ever wondered why nobody except us rate Modric at £40m?

As has been stated before, we do go a bit OTT with our praise of players. Ekotto being the best left back in the league is a prime example.

It's not like United fans don't appreciate a player with skill, but they expect their players to put it in every single week also. The standard is much higher at United.

Only because he has the ability to further himself, as we'll see next season. If Ledley had two working knees then he'd have probably been off five or six years ago as well.

I think every Spurs fan agrees that King would have played for a bigger club if he could have stayed fit, and no one would have begrudged him provided he acted with some class as he left. Modric has shown a lack of character in the last year or so with his refusing to play and refusing to go on the pre season tour.

I didn't hold it against Keane when he went to Liverpool as he at least did everything out in the open, none of this "my head's not right to play" nonsense. I'm not naive, if a player wants to move to Real Madrid, I'll wish him luck as long as he acts professionally.

I'd have him behind Luka and Carrick, it's a joke how Parker finished 2nd in the CM voting though. He's not even our 2nd best CM right now, let alone over the past 20 years.

I should qualify that I meant Davids was the best midfielder who played for us like in your hypothetical with a 35 year old Messi. At his peak he was much better than Carrick and Modric (so far) but he was well past his peak with us. If he had been at his peak, he wouldn't have been pushed to the left to accommodate Jenas!

Definitely. hence why he won player of the season too.

How many games did Sandro start as opposed to Parker (even when burnt out for the past two/three months).

I couldn't really care less who won player of the season too, it's a meaningless award by the club. Dawson won it back in 2009/2010 when he wasn't even our best player, let alone our best centre back that year. If anything, Bale should have won our "player of the season" last year, by a considerable distance too.

Last edited:
I get the semantics issue, and the point of interpretation of 'greatest' Spurs player as opposed to 'great player who has played for Spurs'

In my mind, this is VERY similar to Berbtaov (minus the looks!) in that Dimitar Berbatov was possibly one of the most gifted forwards to have played for this club (I include Greaves, Allen, Sheringham, Lineker AND Klinsmann 'in that number') but due to his stinking fudging attitude, slipped RIGHT DOWN the pecking order when it came to consideration as a Tottenham Great (let alone legend!!!)

Modris IS a great player> There is no doubting his ability, or his profile on the World stage... but the way he's behaved - be it pre-meditated, or at the behest of his stinking fudging greedy representative cuagent is neither here nor there. He's a greedy prick, he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart, and why would he? He's a Croatian who grew up supporting someone other than Spurs... i wouldn't expect loyalty from someone like him... but seeing as he's here, you'd have thought he'd have 'got it' by now, and realised what History the club has, and what PART of that History he's been part of... is that not worth ANYTHING?

It makes me laugh (and cry) to see Thierry Henry on SSN this morning STILL banging on about ArseAnal... it's HIS club... hate him or loathe him, he LOVES that club.

Can anyone see a Luka Modric interview in about 2-3 years time from his training camp in Madrid, where he talks endlessly about the upcoming stars of Tottenham's future, and how he still bleeds Liliywhite & Blue??? ...and how Harry was 'like a Fazzer to him' and how he'll never forget the fans...

Nah, thought not! it's all blah blah fudging blah... SAVE IT for someone who gives a brick!!

I may have digressed, but the point is, Modric & Berbatov are in the same pot of COULD'VE been Spurs legends... as it is, we're left with the memory of having 2 players of their quality having 'graced' us with their presence for as long as they did... thank you Dimitar & Luka, it was a pleasure watching you demean yourself by putting on our shirt for so long... now enjoy your career and don't take it personally if we boo the brick out of you next time you decide to stoop so low as to return to White Hart Lane when representing the proper BIG club of your dreams... although in Luka's/Real Madrid's case, it'll have to be a pre-season friendly... 'cos Spurs ain't in the same stratosphere as your Galacticos chums are they Luka?

Last edited:
According to Wiki

Sandro 27
Parker 34

if those are true. the better man won.

Sandro was injured for quite a bit of the season. If he managed 27 starts than wow but I doubt it. Most of those games were probably in that horrid midfield 3 of him, Parker and Modric too in which he almost always out-performend Parker. I was very impressed with the Modric/Sandro partnership at the back end of the season and thought we looked best with those as a two, it's a shame we will never see them two in the middle again.

Originally Posted by GinolaGinolaGinola
According to Wiki

Sandro 27
Parker 34

if those are true. the better man won.

I think you've accidentally stumbled onto a Wiki page Circa. 2016... that's just their AGES in 4 years time!!!

Sandro was injured for quite a bit of the season. If he managed 27 starts than wow but I doubt it. Most of those games were probably in that horrid midfield 3 of him, Parker and Modric too in which he almost always out-performend Parker. I was very impressed with the Modric/Sandro partnership at the back end of the season and thought we looked best with those as a two, it's a shame we will never see them two in the middle again.

fair enough, I think I misunderstood Rossi's original statement. I think Parker was better than Modric and Sandro last year hence why he got POTY, and currently he is our best CM IMO. However going forward Sandro will be better and would have been good to see Modders too. But he can fcuk right off now.

Modric can be placed alongside some of out top CM players,

Hoddle was a lot better

Gazza also was

Modric reminds me so much of Ossie and i would put them on a par.

REAL MADRID are threatening to pull out of their chase for Luka Modric — because Spurs want more money up front.
The Spaniards thought they had sealed a £36million deal for the Croatian midfielder.

They want to pay £30m initially with the rest over FIVE YEARS — suggesting they will offer Modric a five-year contract.

But Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy insists Madrid must hand over most of the fee in one cash payment — and the remainder in no more than 12 months.

Tottenham are due back home from their US pre-season tour this morning.

And a White Hart Lane source said: “The chairman is still holding out for £40m, but many think he will accept a little less providing nearly all of the fee is paid up front.

“He wants most of the money in one hit and is not prepared to wait.”

REAL MADRID are threatening to pull out of their chase for Luka Modric — because Spurs want more money up front.
The Spaniards thought they had sealed a £36million deal for the Croatian midfielder.

They want to pay £30m initially with the rest over FIVE YEARS — suggesting they will offer Modric a five-year contract.

But Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy insists Madrid must hand over most of the fee in one cash payment — and the remainder in no more than 12 months.

Tottenham are due back home from their US pre-season tour this morning.

And a White Hart Lane source said: “The chairman is still holding out for £40m, but many think he will accept a little less providing nearly all of the fee is paid up front.

“He wants most of the money in one hit and is not prepared to wait.”

Ha. He doesn't want to sell does he? Next he'll be asking for a portion to be paid in green shield stamps (google it if you're too young).

Modric can be placed alongside some of out top CM players,

Hoddle was a lot better

Gazza also was

Modric reminds me so much of Ossie and i would put them on a par.

I agree with this assessment.

There were things that only Gazza or Hoddle could do.
Modric kinda does a lot of the basic things that midfielders do but very well.
And Modric still can't shoot/score for nuts! If had more than 10 goals a season, he'd be worth much more than Levy is asking for at the moment.

Back