• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

36 million pounds for a "striker" who's got a one in ten goal ratio.....

Not even 1 in 10. It is the one massive and inexplicable shortcoming in his game. If he was a 12 or 15 a season man, as he should be considering the positions he gets into, he would be in any World XI.

There's a couple of errors in that piece but I'll let you find them for yourselves.

(Someone got paid to write that)

I'd love to see them pay 35m for Modric and then stick him upfront with Ozil and Di Maria - with his lethal finishing they could fail to qualify for the Champions League!

Friedel - We'll replace Modric

Keeper insists Tottenham cannot be dismissed as a selling club

Last Updated: July 11, 2012 10:36am

Modric has been heavily linked with a move away from White Hart Lane this summer after Spurs missed out on a UEFA Champions League spot for the second successive season.

The 26-year-old midfielder has been tipped to join Real Madrid but veteran keeper Friedel does not see this as an indication that the North London side have become a 'selling club'.

He insists the Croatia international's exit would go hand-in-hand with chairman Daniel Levy bringing players to the club.

Friedel told talkSPORT: "Knowing the way the chairman works, if someone like Luka Modric left the club, then they would have a ready-made replacement.

"I can't see with the ambition that the club has that they can let players leave without having a replacement. We're not a selling club - that's for sure."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7888616/Friedel-We-ll-replace-Modric

That's great words from Bard there.

I listened to the full interview on Talksport this morning at about 08.30am.

He spoke brilliantly. Said the manager is extremely ambitious and enthusiastic, the players have been responding well.
He said that he's met Vertonghen and he's a great acquisition and Sigurdsson has looked great in training.
The potential signing og Lloris was also put to him and he stated that it's a team effort and he's happy to be at Spurs whether that be number 1, 2 or 3.
Also said he keeps himself extra fit by doing lots of Yoga.

I listened to the full interview on Talksport this morning at about 08.30am.

He spoke brilliantly. Said the manager is extremely ambitious and enthusiastic, the players have been responding well.
He said that he's met Vertonghen and he's a great acquisition and Sigurdsson has looked great in training.
The potential signing og Lloris was also put to him and he stated that it's a team effort and he's happy to be at Spurs whether that be number 1, 2 or 3.
Also said he keeps himself extra fit by doing lots of Yoga.

Listened to this too whilst getting rady for work. Comes across exellently and no doubt his experience shines through too. I reckon he'd be a very good coach actually, so much experience - played in different leagues and very engaging.

He said his kids went to a school near the training ground, wonder which one as I'm in the area (no, not gonna stalk them haha)

Brad lives down the road from me. I think Spurs must own some property or players just dump themselves in this neck of the woods. Lennon bought Carricks house, and I think Lennon has now moved on. But I've seen Dawson in the high st a couple of times, Brad in Tescos and Pienaar also before his move back north.

Brad lives down the road from me. I think Spurs must own some property or players just dump themselves in this neck of the woods. Lennon bought Carricks house, and I think Lennon has now moved on. But I've seen Dawson in the high st a couple of times, Brad in Tescos and Pienaar also before his move back north.

Whereabouts are you? I live near Cuffley where half our team do too!

for those who have doubts of modric's quality, here's a nice clip of him doing his best stuff:
[video=youtube_share;RG_CiVDCqV8]http://youtu.be/RG_CiVDCqV8[/video]

As much as I love n hate the **** Modric HAS to leave for two reasons.

He will leave eventually and at best he will leave next season

More importantly if we dont sell Modric NOW then we wont get Moutinho and he will go to the likes of manure which will mean next season we wont be left with many suitable replacements.

As much as I love n hate the **** Modric HAS to leave for two reasons.

He will leave eventually and at best he will leave next season

More importantly if we dont sell Modric NOW then we wont get Moutinho and he will go to the likes of manure which will mean next season we wont be left with many suitable replacements.
That is a very good point.

After AS in Spain reporting on Friday that Real Madrid's transfer for Luka Modric was almost complete, they are now saying the opposite. The report last week was rather embarrassingly based on a TV station saying a deal was almost done - the station had got that from not seeing Modric in the photos for the launch of the new Spurs kit.

Source: Sports Witness

Today AS and other Spanish press go back to the long held position that Real Madrid will not pay more than €30m for Luka Modric but will throw in Ricardo Carvalho to sweeten the deal. The 34 year old Portuguese defender was rumoured to be available on a free transfer earlier this summer so the inclusion of him in any deal isn't likely to swing it.

In reality there hasn't been any actual news on the transfer for a while and other than the regular fabricated 'Modric deal could be concluded within hours' stories, it's very quiet on his future. Manchester United have been linked with other players, PSG seem to have blown their transfer 'budget' and Chelsea haven't been closely linked
with him this summer.

Options are running out and any interested parties will know this. Luka Modric, according to AS, faces returning to England this week and Spurs on Wednesday with his tail between his legs. The player had clearly assumed a deal would have been completed by now and the talk of setting Real Madrid a deadline, which started in Croatia, has had little impact on anybody.

It's claimed that Modric is desperate not to travel with Spurs to the USA in less than a week because he fears he could harm his prospects of joining Real Madrid. There's been debate as to whether there is genuine interest from the La Liga champions or whether the player himself has been attempting to engineer the move.

If there is interest, the repeated claim that the club won't pay more than €30m presents a worry for Daniel Levy.

Transfer speculation harmed Modric's form last season and this summer it's been upped a notch, if Madrid won't go near the valuation then he can bet that Manchester United won't.

Luka Modric could present himself at Spurs this week with a whole wheelbarrow of issues.

Back