• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

I dont think you understand how journalists that cover the same club regularly are briefed by the clubs.
Hytner didnt just pull this story out of his arse.

As for Modric 30m is a joke considering the 40m offer last summer.

My opinion, Levy just didn't want to sell to Chelsea. He made it clear he wasn't for sale at any price. This year, the club seems resigned to the fact that he's going. The price naturally goes up for a premier league team and a hated rival. I must say I am surprised that Levy caved to the extent of £23m plus add ons, but at leats we get an unhappy player away from the team.

Oh yeah, and we only have 2 days to sign a replacement before Saudi Sportswashing Machine ](*,)

I dont think you understand how journalists that cover the same club regularly are briefed by the clubs.
Hytner didnt just pull this story out of his arse.

As for Modric 30m is a joke considering the 40m offer last summer.

According to Marca (Madrid's paper, so they wouldn't be blowing up the transfer fee), it's 32 million euros (about L25 million) with 6 million if they win titles, CLs, etc, which brings the deal to about L30 million. Thus we've almost doubled his original transfer fee, while getting to enjoy a world class player running around in our shirt for four years. Doesn't seem like a joke to me.

Now just get in a replacement and a striker, and we will be a better team than last season, you'll see. Still got more money for Mordric than the Scum got for Cesc, who is a vastly superior/younger player, IMV.

Happy this finally happened, happy for the magnificent player who always gave his all in a Spurs shirt, and happy that we don't have to watch him play for a brick team. Honestly, even if the Chelsea bid was real, I'd rather eat the 10 million pounds to save myself the anger of watching him play for the Blue Scum.

ees gawn innit!

Mind you, £23m +£3.9 in add ons certainly doesn't add up to £40... and i've only got GCSE Maths!!

looks like Norf' London is no longer the place to be... Modric AND RvP off in one afternoon!!!!

Real Madrid believe they have made a decisive breakthrough in their attempt to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham.

The latest offer for the Croatia midfielder to be turned down by Spurs was for £38million, comprising £30m in cash with the remainder in add-ons over the length of Modric’s contract.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been adamant he will not accept less than £40m and is also unhappy with the percentage of the money Jose Mourinho’s Spanish champions are proposing to pay in add-ons.

But Real have told Tottenham officials they are now willing to increase the cash portion of the fee — and are confident the deal can be concluded by the weekend, with Modric due to fly to Spain in the next 48 hours.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188878/Luka-Modric-latest-Real-Madrid-seal-deal-Spurs-weekend.html?ITO=1490

£38million, comprising £30m in cash with the remainder in add-ons over the length of Modric’s contract.

Odd phrasing. Normally one would say a fee of £30m with add-ons up to £38m. Usually international transfers are paid in installments*, so I suppose it is probably trying to say the whole unconditional fee will be paid upfront like they did for Ronaldo.

I note I write this as if this is definite news while I dismissed the £23+4m story as stupid newspaper speculation. This does seem more reasonable, not quite what Levy wants but getting there. If the add-ons are merely appearance based and likely to be met it might not be a big stumbling block.

--------------------
* We paid for Modric over four years (it said so in the stock exchange announcement), which by my calculation meant we ended up paying £17-18m when accounting for the exchange rate changes.

Last edited:
All these number are either given by journos with an agenda for one of the clubs or simply made up.

So someone with no connections at all to the club says it would be a gamble for Sandro not to play and that means he's not playing?

Well I say he's our best available DM. So he plays. I have the same amount of influence as this Guardian author.

So who do you believe?

The article also refers to AVB's 4-3-3 system and Harry's 4-4-2 system, when in fact AVB has kept the same 4-4-1-1ish system as Harry.

I would prefer us selling Modric for 23m to Real Madrid than for 40m to either Chelsea, ManU or any other PL teams. But it would reflect very poorly on us if we can let other teams dictate the price for our star players. I think anything below 30m which we got for Berbatov will be poor business by Levy. If Modric does go, it will be even harder for us to attract other big name players.

I'm waiting for some grainy twitter 'airport arrival' pics
Cathy+Guetta+David+Cathy+Guetta+Nice+Airport+fkZEa8YKKSOl.jpg

Here he is early this morning

Back