• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Dont want to go OT but QPR have also nabbed Carvalho on a season loan. How many defenders do they have...

Going from Anton Ferdinand and Clint Hill, to Dawson and Carvalho in one week has to one of the biggest improvments of a team ever....

Edit:

And Carvalho is the perfect type to get the best out of Dawson aswell, should be a great pairing.

Point is they also represented the heart of those teams like Dawson and Hudd do to some extent. I am not going overboard in saying I believe Dawson would not have been out of place in the Arsenal back 5. Remember he is an England centreback much more proven at Spurs and in the PL than any of Kaboul, Vert or Caulker. In fact not so long ago Kaboul was a disaster who Spurs fans were relieved to see shipped out to Portsmouth.

Im not sure that is the point at all, rather coincidence. They were fantastic players inherited by new managers who, surprise surprise, decided to use them in their plans.

Clearly you rate Dawson very highly, I can only say while I like him and do think he is a decent player I dont rate him as highly as you do at all. In fact I think you are grossly over rating him. England player? 4 caps, not like he is Tony Adams is it?

On Kaboul, I always liked him and was very disappointed to see him go. He certainly had his c0ck ups but I saw a raw player with the potential to be very very good. I dont think he has realised that potential yet, but he has improved a massive amount.

They did not have much to do with representing the heart of the team last season.

If Dawson is such an amazing defender, then why is it QPR that are linked with signing him and not Barcelona and Real Madrid?

Kaboul was a disaster yes. However last season he was anything but. He was our most consistent CB.

And when our backs were against the wall we couldn't buy a win or hold on for a draw, would n't it have been useful to have Daws at the back or Hudd to come in and open up a defence? May have got 3rd;)

And when our backs were against the wall we couldn't buy a win or hold on for a draw, would n't it have been useful to have Daws at the back or Hudd to come in and open up a defence? May have got 3rd;)

By the way still can't see why Madrid are willing to pay as much as they are for Modric when they have the midfield resources they have. I know he almost like a deity to most Spurs fans I have always felt he is vastly overrated, doesn't score enough, doesn't tackle enough and his setpieces are diabolical. By the way when was the last time Barca or Real Madrid wanted an English centre back. Perhaps the top 4 English clubs don't feel they need a centre half at the moment who knows. I believe Liverpool were also interested.

Possibly, but were they fit you have no idea if they would have played. In fact i would have bet against it. However that is more about Harry and that is not what this thread is about.

By the way still can't see why Madrid are willing to pay as much as they are for Modric when they have the midfield resources they have. I know he almost like a deity to most Spurs fans I have always felt he is vastly overrated, doesn't score enough, doesn't tackle enough and his setpieces are diabolical. By the way when was the last time Barca or Real Madrid wanted an English centre back. Perhaps the top 4 English clubs don't feel they need a centre half at the moment who knows. I believe Liverpool were also interested.

Woodgate

RM obviously rate Modric highly, thus when a player of his ability becomes available you get him no matter what your current resources are. It is also shown with United buying RVP.

If Dawson was good enough, the top four teams would make space for him. They won't.

Going from Anton Ferdinand and Clint Hill, to Dawson and Carvalho in one week has to one of the biggest improvments of a team ever....

Edit:

And Carvalho is the perfect type to get the best out of Dawson aswell, should be a great pairing.

Honestly, I'd rather have that pairing than Gallas/Kaboul. Good ol' Spurs, weakening our squad like pros!

Im not sure that is the point at all, rather coincidence. They were fantastic players inherited by new managers who, surprise surprise, decided to use them in their plans.

Clearly you rate Dawson very highly, I can only say while I like him and do think he is a decent player I dont rate him as highly as you do at all. In fact I think you are grossly over rating him. England player? 4 caps, not like he is Tony Adams is it?

On Kaboul, I always liked him and was very disappointed to see him go. He certainly had his c0ck ups but I saw a raw player with the potential to be very very good. I dont think he has realised that potential yet, but he has improved a massive amount.

Ahh we'll have to agree to disagree. You're right he's no Tony Adams but then Keown, Bould winterburn and dixon were not world beaters just very well drilled. I believe he is better than John Terry. As for 4 england caps I think injurys have put paid to more.

Ahh we'll have to agree to disagree. You're right he's no Tony Adams but then Keown, Bould winterburn and dixon were not world beaters just very well drilled. I believe he is better than John Terry. As for 4 england caps I think injurys have put paid to more.

dude, are you saying that you believe Dawson is better than Terry?

Fair enough, not point butting heads endlessly on it!

what with the Terry Love have I missed something? A defender who needs a pacier partner next to him or is mostly hopelessly exposed for Chelsea and England. His lack of pace for me means he can never be considered world class. Dawson played on his own mostly in the Carling cup season.

what with the Terry Love have I missed something? A defender who needs a pacier partner next to him or is mostly hopelessly exposed for Chelsea and England. His lack of pace for me means he can never be considered world class. Dawson played on his own mostly in the Carling cup season.

Your criticism of Terry can be applied exactly the same for Dawson.

I think spurs tinted specs are in force.

dude, you cant try and back up your argument that Dawson is a better defender than John Terry. Its ridiculous. Terry is 5 times the player Dawson is. He has won the trophies and has the medals, has played for England 77 times, been the England captain, has scored 28 goals for Chelsea, has played for a top 4 team for 10 plus years. We have been a top 4 team twice!

not even worth continuing to argue, you'd be laughed at by every single football fan (other than some deluded Spurs fans)

Your criticism of Terry can be applied exactly the same for Dawson.

I think spurs tinted specs are in force.

I disagree Dawson is quicker and has played on his own at the back without looking like a turnip. People forget Terry has consistently played alongside Carvalho, Gallas and alex and Rio for England. Dawson has often not had a consistent partner at Spurs.

dude, you cant try and back up your argument that Dawson is a better defender than John Terry. Its ridiculous. Terry is 5 times the player Dawson is. He has won the trophies and has the medals, has played for England 77 times, been the England captain, has scored 28 goals for Chelsea, has played for a top 4 team for 10 plus years. We have been a top 4 team twice!

not even worth continuing to argue, you'd be laughed at by every single football fan (other than some deluded Spurs fans)

Ginola, most of your argument has nothing to do with his playing but rather what he has achieved. I base mine on what I see I don't care what most football fans see. Actually after World cup in 2010 a lot of fans wanted Terry no where near the England team.

Back