• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

You keep rolling this stat about age/injury out don't you?

He is 28, Prime for a CB. And he has had 3 injuries in his time here. lengthy injuries, granted, but you'd hardly call them a result of being injury "prone".

I still say Gallas is the risk, or caulker back on loan and keep Dawson.

Playing 50% of available games over 4 seasons is injury prone IMO....if you disagree then fine....that is possible you know! :)

.....and mumbled and grumbled about not getting a game, or the style of football we play, because it's the reason why he's not geting a game?

Yeah...then he'd be told to STFU (rightly) as we're paying his wages blah blah......wonder how much of a Spurs 'legend' he'd be then!! :)

Maybe we need the 9 million to finally be able to push other more vital transfers through. Maybe Levy has really said to Villas-Boas 'you can have Moutinho but you have to find 10 million in the squad to put towards it and get 3-4 million off the wage bill first'.

This money isn't being raised to accrue interest during the cold winter months, i really think its the final funding for bringing in players in other more vital positions.

Supposing that is the case - where else in the squad could we squeeze 10 million from without significantly weakening our first 11?
Yeah I would have thought so too. We might be able to put some serious money down for Llorente after Dawson goes - you never know.

I just feel after Caulker putting in such a good shift last season that the money was right for Dawson to leave the club. He hasn't been in the first choice starting pair for three seasons now! It'll be sad to see him go, but sometimes you have to make those tough decisions as a football club in order to progress forward. If Caulker gets a lot of game time this season (which i think he will under AVB, compared to Harry) - then he could turn into a remarkable player for us. What we don't want to happen is a situation like Bassong where we had a good, young centre-back on our books who wasnt played enough and deteriorated as a result.

one more step towards removing British footballers from the first team squad

fantastic

Defoe, Lennon, Caulker, Parker, Kane, Townsend, Carroll, Walker, Naughton, Livermore, Bale...

Seems to me for the most part we are replacing them.

Dawson out - Caulker in
Huddlestone out - Livermore in his place (last season and this)

Can someone sum up what Talksport have been saying yesterday and this morning? Not because I want to believe any of it but I just want a good laugh!

Huddlestone and Dawson being moved out mean that AVB is clueless!? I swear I look at football differently to a lot of other people, because to me it makes perfect sense. Manager likes pacey players to play a pressing game, and so moves out the slow players. It seems so obvious to me and I just can't understand why some people don't get it?

Hard to say IMO, vastly different players - requires context to judge

Last season I think I would have preferred Huddlestone (if there was ever a choice), this Im in two minds

Nothing wrong with an ex-player as your username.

Once a yid, always a yid! (apart from Sol)

I second this! 8-[

BTW, is Daws officially sold now? Sad to see him go, mostly because he's such a likeable character. He's a good, solid central defender, but no world class player. I don't know how he compares to Verthongen or Caulker, as I haven't seen them play much yet, but I'd put him on par with Kaboul with only Gallas the better central defender, IMO.

But if AVB sees it differently, I guess we'll have to trust him.

This is so fudging wrong.

No way should we be selling Dawson. He IS Tottenham Hotspur, he is part of our identity.

William Gallas is 35. Theres no doubting his quality, but this is surely his last season for us, and in top flight football...

This. Dawson's value to us is much greater than £9m. He symbolises our spirit and is also a great defender. Has been so consistent for us. I maintain had Dawson been playing on Sat we would have been less likely to concede Ba's goal as he would have closed him down much more quickly while our other defenders just backed off. This decision has me questioning AVB already, he failed at Chelsea trying to get rid of the old guard too quickly. When he left, the old guard went on to win the Champions league and the FA cup. Like I send in a previous thread better to be pragmatic than idealist. AVB better get this right because he will lose goodwill as a result of this decision.

This. Dawson's value to us is much greater than £9m. He symbolises our spirit and is also a great defender. Has been so consistent for us. I maintain had Dawson been playing on Sat we would have been less likely to concede Ba's goal as he would have closed him down much more quickly while our other defenders just backed off. This decision has me questioning AVB already, he failed at Chelsea trying to get rid of the old guard too quickly. When he left, the old guard went on to win the Champions league and the FA cup. Like I send in a previous thread better to be pragmatic than idealist. AVB better get this right because he will lose goodwill as a result of this decision.

a good defender dude not great. He has moments of calamity and just hoofs the ball, but can make some good tackles. I wouldnt call him great. Nesta was a great defender, so was Cannavaro. dawson is not

He wouldn't symbolise our spirit very effectively on the bench.

He might have solved that one issue, but it's impossible to know what other issues may have occurred had Dawson played instead of Gallas on saturday.

One of the reasons he failed was that he failed to get rid of the old guard, they then proceeded to undermine him. Not that Dawson would undermine him.

In the end, if we kept players that AVB didn't want and he failed, then the club would have contributed to his downfall and there would always be the 'what if'. Whilst if the club proceed in transfers as he is deciding, then if he fails it will be because he was not good enough, rather then lack of backing.

I know which route i'd rather go down.

WTF? Dawson is not closing down quickly, infact he is always late. Daws does okey when King is next to him holding his hand, the rest of the time he is not up to the standard a top4 club would want. There's a reason it's clubs like QPR and Sunderland he is linked with...

People should be happy we finally have a manager who are identifying the weak spots in the team, Daws is a mistake waiting to happen. But people forget it and only sees what a nice guy he is.

wtf? Dawson is not closing down quickly, infact he is always late. Daws does okey when king is next to him holding his hand, the rest of the time he is not up to the standard a top4 club would want. There's a reason it's clubs like qpr and sunderland he is linked with...

People should be happy we finally have a manager who are identifying the weak spots in the team, daws is a mistake waiting to happen. But people forget it and only sees what a nice guy he is.

this 10000%

Back