• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Im not denying that mate, obviously Poch has his reasons why he makes subs later. The point is there have been several games where changes should have been made earlier where matches arent going our way but his rigidness to this system with his subs means he hasnt. Look, its not a massive issue - dont want to turn it into a bigger thing than it is. Id just like him to demonstrate some more flexibilty in that area thats all....

Which games specifically?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Which games specifically?

Can’t give you that Steff, my memory isn’t good enough:D There’s been enough match threads with these concerns, next time I’ll post here in this thread if I see it as an issue. But like I say, it’s not a big thing - just one of the few things I believe he could potentially do better on....

Not trying to be a dingdong or a mod, but can someone just create a "winning mentality - the endless circle thread" ... and move that conversation there ...

What should he have done? Not digging you out at all, I just want to understand your POV. I saw things in that game we will learn from like us all.

Juve ?

Brought on moura first and then lamella

Last thing we needed was a static lampost (Llorente) against an organised defence

We needed people’s to run at their defence a sthey were all on yellows (hence why moura over lamella as first sub)

Could also have brought rose on and pushed up down the left

Juve ?

Brought on moura first and then lamella

Last thing we needed was a static lampost (Llorente) against an organised defence

We needed people’s to run at their defence a sthey were all on yellows (hence why moura over lamella as first sub)

Could also have brought rose on and pushed up down the left

I actually don’t see anything from with the logic of having a tall striker on against a team sitting deep. And Kane almost scored with a header from a cross.

I actually don’t see anything from with the logic of having a tall striker on against a team sitting deep. And Kane almost scored with a header from a cross.

Kane almost did
Ever notice when w ending Llorente on we stop crossing?
He is utter garbage as an impact sub

Tactical IMO
They changed their set up and it gave them the goals by making them play wide

I think it was tactical too, and the precise master stroke Allegri has been getting praise for, from Ancelotti etc.

So I can get on board with the idea that Poch can learn something from that, being able to respond to a change in shape as quickly as possible or playing it safe until he can figure out his next move. But I think that’s a different thing from saying we suffer because he waits until 70 mins to make changes usually.

I think it was tactical too, and the precise master stroke Allegri has been getting praise for, from Ancelotti etc.

So I can get on board with the idea that Poch can learn something from that, being able to respond to a change in shape as quickly as possible or playing it safe until he can figure out his next move. But I think that’s a different thing from saying we suffer because he waits until 70 mins to make changes usually.

Hence why in my post I said their are two games to consider that we’re both HUGE

Juve and Pool
Juve he could have done more and got it wrong IMO
Pool away he got it spot on and it got us a result

He has repeatedly said that Moura is not ready for full matches like that yet due to his needing work off the ball/when defending. It could’be seen us get picked off if he had come on and we were unprepared. I think their tacotings of Dier and Dele shifted the landscape, though I will say at 1-1 I just wanted someone to slow the game down/make it ugly for a few mins.

As for the results, let us be honest. If we’d lost at Liverpool beaten Juve it would’ve been “fairer” in terms of what we saw on the pitch?

He has repeatedly said that Moura is not ready for full matches like that yet due to his needing work off the ball/when defending. It could’be seen us get picked off if he had come on and we were unprepared. I think their tacotings of Dier and Dele shifted the landscape, though I will say at 1-1 I just wanted someone to slow the game down/make it ugly for a few mins.

As for the results, let us be honest. If we’d lost at Liverpool beaten Juve it would’ve been “fairer” in terms of what we saw on the pitch?

Don’t think it would have been fairer, we played really well at Liverpool and the draw was the least we deserved.

I kind of take the view that in a knock out game with Juve, when the move was so calculated and so intended to cause confusion, and it worked, they deserved it. It’s one of those where although we played well, and created chances, and actually performed really impressively considering the opposition...it is just about winning. If they lucked out from a set piece I’d say we deserved it, the fact that they planned to cause confusion means I have no problem holding my hands up and putting it down to a great learning experience.

Quite right on Moura. What would people be saying if he was used, failed to track his man or press at the right time, and Juve picked us off? Poch is too naive with his subs? Poch needs to learn how to trust the more established players rather than go for broke?

Back