• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I really believe that Poch has a job to finish here before he moves on so I am not going to worry about anything I read on teletext.

Thank fudge someone else read the interview in full.

Poch literally said that it would be nice to return to manage the club he used to play for, but that Ligue 1 is not that good and no one is able to compete with PSG. All of the tabloids etc all jumped on the back of the management comment but ignored the hurdle that Poch himself listed.

Le-Tissier commenting in his piece today that Poch is ambitious and could leave, likely comes off the back of the way Poch left Southampton. Neither Le-Tiss or any other writer who comments on when Poch left Southampton bother to talk about how Southampton were already planning to sell their best players in order to stabilise themselves in the league. That's whay the "ambitious" manager traded up, because we wanted to go places and still do. Next season Poch will again get to fight it out with a squad of players he has settled in one of the most competitive leagues in the world.

It was an easy decision when you feel the love of the people and the potential of a club is massive so why change?
Mauricio Pochettino

Great news!

ChNfymmW4AAu8TZ.jpg:large

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he plans to extend his contract at Spurs by two years until 2021.

The Argentine, who has guided the club to second in the Premier League table, has been linked with moves to Manchester United and Paris St-Germain.

"It was an easy decision when you feel the love of the people and the potential of the club is massive, so why change?" he said.

Pochettino, 44, joined Tottenham in May 2014 after leaving Southampton.

"We create a good atmosphere on the training ground and I think we can achieve big things in the future," he added.

"I believe in this project and this club. I want to stay here."

If Poch is still here in 2021, I predict we'll have completed the European full house (i.e added CL to our CWC and UEFA honours)

Mauricio Pochettino reaches verbal agreement with Tottenham over new five-year contract
Pochettino.jpg

Agreement: Pochettino is set to extend his stay at White Hart Lane Clive Rose/Getty Images

Mauricio Pochettino today confirmed he had reached a verbal agreement with Tottenham to extend his contract with the club until 2021.

The Argentine has been in talks with Spurs and expects to sign the contract, which will earn him about £5million plus bonuses annually, in the coming days.

Pochettino was responding to questions about his expression of interest in the Paris St Germain job when he revealed that he would stay at White Hart Lane. The Argentine had attracted interest from Manchester United after making Tottenham fight for the title this year.

He said: “It’s an easy decision. When you are happy and when you feel the love of the people and the potential of the club is massive. Why change?”

“I believe in the club, the players and staff. For that I say yes to staying here and extending my contract. I believe in the project, in the club, the energy and the history and I want to stay here for that.

“We haven’t signed yet but we have reached the verbal agreement to stay here for the next five years. When will we sign? Maybe tomorrow (SAT) or Tuesday – it depends on my lawyer. It’s a good moment to tell you, for all people to know that my future is here.

“I’m very happy. It is for many reasons [that I stay]. We have unbelievable potential. After two years here we have created a great group of players. We have a very strong squad, which is young, and with the potential to be at the top.

“The staff, all the people at Tottenham, and the supporters are unbelievable. Why not stay here? It will be five more years from this summer.”

Pochettino, who joined Spurs from Southampton in May 2014, had said during the week that he would be interested in coaching PSG one day. The Argentine’s history as a player with the French champions caused some unease among Spurs fans.

But Pochettino’s announcement today should dispel those concerns. He said: “I think I was misunderstood. I was the captain there and played there for three seasons.

“My former manager spoke to me on the radio and asked me some questions – would you like to manage PSG and I said yes, why not? That was the only wrong thing I said.”

Pochettino’s decision to remain is likely to persuade some of his players that their own future is at White Hart Lane.

Both Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen have been in contract talks with the club while Harry Kane, who earns about £50,000 a week, is likely to be offered a new deal with a significant pay rise in the coming weeks.

Spurs still have a slim chance of winning the Premier League title but that will be extinguished if leaders Leicester, who are seven points clear with three games remaining, win at Manchester United on Sunday.

If they lose, Tottenham can close the gap to four points with victory at Chelsea on Monday – although Pochettino is already looking ahead to next season.

He said: “We have a very good young squad. If it’s not possible to win the title this season we need to try next season, and the one after. That is the most important thing.

“The potential of the club, and the squad we have, is massive. I always told you the important thing is to build a project and a philosophy and to establish the foundations, which are now very solid. The future can only be brilliant.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...over-new-deal-fiveyear-contract-a3237111.html

Poch signing an extended deal would be the best thing to happen to us this season....

I openly admit to having Poch in second place (quite a long way) behind De Boer on my wish list for Spurs manager when he took over from Sherwood. However he has completely and utterly proved me wrong already - and I get the feeling that he has only just started.

I love the football we are playing, I love the unity within the squad, I love the fact that the players will do anything for him, I love the way he is with the press, I love that he has Levy eating out of the palm of his hand, but then doesn't abuse that in the way that a manager like Redknapp would. I love the way he wants to work with what he has got but is always open to bringing in improvements from outside. I love the way that he makes it all about the squad and their achievements and not about his own achievements and ambitions. I love the way that he has leaked this news at a time when the players and fans may have been feeling a down having our title hopes all but extinguished. I love the way that finally the whole fanbase seem to be behind the manager. Most of all though I love the fact that Pochettino completely gets what our great club is all about. He knows that he can make us the best club in the country and he knows that he can do it by playing a brand of pacy, creative, exciting football.

I love Pochettino and Pochettino Loves me....

Now just watch the likes of Eriksen, Kane, Vertonghen, etc sign new deals to stay at the club.

Poch signing an extended deal would be the best thing to happen to us this season....

I openly admit to having Poch in second place (quite a long way) behind De Boer on my wish list for Spurs manager when he took over from Sherwood. However he has completely and utterly proved me wrong already - and I get the feeling that he has only just started.

I love the football we are playing, I love the unity within the squad, I love the fact that the players will do anything for him, I love the way he is with the press, I love that he has Levy eating out of the palm of his hand, but then doesn't abuse that in the way that a manager like Redknapp would. I love the way he wants to work with what he has got but is always open to bringing in improvements from outside. I love the way that he makes it all about the squad and their achievements and not about his own achievements and ambitions. I love the way that he has leaked this news at a time when the players and fans may have been feeling a down having our title hopes all but extinguished. I love the way that finally the whole fanbase seem to be behind the manager. Most of all though I love the fact that Pochettino completely gets what our great club is all about. He knows that he can make us the best club in the country and he knows that he can do it by playing a brand of pacy, creative, exciting football.

I love Pochettino and Pochettino Loves me....

Now just watch the likes of Eriksen, Kane, Vertonghen, etc sign new deals to stay at the club.

Couldn't agree more! I had it as LVG, with De Boer marginally ahead of Poch just because I thought he would be the better manager. Goes to show what I know! Unity is key and we have to make sure that those idiot fans who complain about everything are drowned out by a chorus of cheers. A recent article I read stated that the Atletico fans cheer tackles and presses. Would love it if we started to do that. WHL is becoming a cauldron of noise again and this team is something to be very, very proud of.

Back