• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Will Chelsea turn up next week now? They've nothing to play for.
Pullis remarks after the game are a bit off, he wanted Leicester to win the league. In isolation that doesn't mean much but seeing as as almost all the clubs not involved in the chase for the league have had a player or manager now come out and say it is a bit iffy.
It's not been deliberate but maybe subconsciously it's affected performances.

Chelsea will turn up. It's a London derby and the atmosphere will drive them if nothing else.
However I believe we will have picked ourselves up from last night and will be up for it too. Still our best chance in a long time to break the Stamford Bridge jinx. Hopefully Dier will be ok for that game but we will likely have to manage without Alli.

I haven't yet heard the Pulis comments from last night but given that every man and his dog want to voice their opinion I am not surprised by what you relay he said. The 'bigger' clubs recognise the threat we are bringing to the status quo so naturally want Leicester to win given the expectation that they will at best be safely back in mid table obscurity next season. Other clubs see the so-called fairytale of a less traditionally successful club breaking all the rules and it gives them (false?) hope that it can be emulated.

Whilst it's incredibly annoying, if not suspect, to hear these comments voiced, it is flattering and exciting to realise that Spurs are now seen as a threat to a number of clubs. We have Poch to thank for this elevation in status and for building a team capable of mounting a challenge, building a team with an incredible desire and work ethic and building a team that despite their young age have shone in the league this season. I have been lucky enough to witness our successful 1980s cup wins and title challenges but the way I feel about the team we have now is something extra special.

I was gutted, totally gutted, last night but said in the match thread that I expected to feel more upbeat today. I am still gutted but can now take a step back from last night and continue to appreciate what a fantastic season this has been. Imagine if everything this year is setting us up to win the title in our last year at the (current) Lane!
Ok I need to rein in the upbeatness a bit! But we do have promising and strong foundations on which to build and a club of which we can be justly proud. COYS!!!

Chelsea will turn up. It's a London derby and the atmosphere will drive them if nothing else.
However I believe we will have picked ourselves up from last night and will be up for it too. Still our best chance in a long time to break the Stamford Bridge jinx. Hopefully Dier will be ok for that game but we will likely have to manage without Alli.

I haven't yet heard the Pulis comments from last night but given that every man and his dog want to voice their opinion I am not surprised by what you relay he said. The 'bigger' clubs recognise the threat we are bringing to the status quo so naturally want Leicester to win given the expectation that they will at best be safely back in mid table obscurity next season. Other clubs see the so-called fairytale of a less traditionally successful club breaking all the rules and it gives them (false?) hope that it can be emulated.

Whilst it's incredibly annoying, if not suspect, to hear these comments voiced, it is flattering and exciting to realise that Spurs are now seen as a threat to a number of clubs. We have Poch to thank for this elevation in status and for building a team capable of mounting a challenge, building a team with an incredible desire and work ethic and building a team that despite their young age have shone in the league this season. I have been lucky enough to witness our successful 1980s cup wins and title challenges but the way I feel about the team we have now is something extra special.

I was gutted, totally gutted, last night but said in the match thread that I expected to feel more upbeat today. I am still gutted but can now take a step back from last night and continue to appreciate what a fantastic season this has been. Imagine if everything this year is setting us up to win the title in our last year at the (current) Lane!
Ok I need to rein in the upbeatness a bit! But we do have promising and strong foundations on which to build and a club of which we can be justly proud. COYS!!!

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment and content.

Firstly, Chelsea will definitely turn up. We can see that as the narrative has escaped to the wider world via Eden Hazard's big mouth. That much we do know for sure but we don't whether them turning up will actually make it easier for us to beat them compared to the game in November when Mourinho knew a defeat at WHL would have ended his tenure that evening so they played not to lose.

Everyone has had their say on this title race with virtually everyone favouring Leicester. Plucky ol' Leicester, the fairytale blah blah blah. Let's see how charming most will be about Leicester when their already excessive levels of entitlement go through the roof next season from player to fan. Huth and Morgan will no doubt still continue to get away with their antics but will be more desperate in their attempts if that is at all possible. That's fine, we will just tick along and do our thing. I am pleased that we haven't kicked off about how we haven't played before Leicester in a game week since March 5th or been given an unprecedented three consecutive Monday night fixtures during the run in. We have just got on with it and we will continue to get on with it next season.

The team have completely exceeded my expectations this season and the bond between the squad and fans is better than it has ever been imo and that can also be said for the actual club from Chairman downwards and that augers well for the future.

Last night was gutting, probably more so because it was the one fixture on paper we should have won with ease in our last 6-8 games but whats done is done. We need to secure second, look forward to a CL campaign in our last season at WHL and a summer of fine tuning on the transfer front. Don't believe the hype regarding Conte, Guardiola et al. They haven't worked here before and they will find out real quick that this is a different ball game to anywhere else in world football and also just how much reworking their respective squads need.

We can win the title next season. It won't be easy but with the right changes in the summer we can push on and finish our time in our current home with a league title. But we have to believe it is possible and we as fans, have to transmit that to the players and show them that they have our unconditional support as we go forward.

Personally, I am absolutely gutted about last night. I could see the panic set in the players, and that is simply because they are young. They will learn from this and come back stronger than ever.

Fair play to Leicester, they have ground out results when not playing well, which is not something that we have been able to do as consistently. For that reason, they deserve to win the EPL, and I am just gutted that we are not going to win the league. I am consoled by the fact that I truly believe that we will be the better team next year. Yes, the other teams will be more competitive, and will spend millions and millions on new players, but even then I just don't think that Guardiola and Conte will guarantee great results. The EPL is just different, more competitive and relentless.

But back to us. If you'd have told me at the beginning of the season that we would be one of two teams in contention for the title at the end of March, I would have bitten your arm off and then laughed at how stupid you were. My expectations were top 5. If you'd have told me at Christmas that we would be one of two teams in contention for the title at the end of March, it would have been the same reaction. With this team and their age, I just couldn't see how you could think any different. But it's not just the results that has impressed me. I'm so proud of this team because:

1. They work bloody hard. Harder than any professional footballers in this country;
2. Our team and our manager handle themselves incredibly well in public. We don't have any players involved in shisha smoking, gas inhaling or drugged up to the eyeballs. I'm proud to have all of these players associated with the club;
3. Our team has improved as the season has progressed. I think we were a little unlucky in some of the games that we lost, and we certainly were not spanked by anyone. I think only Leicester can say that they were not spanked;
4. This team is only going to get better. They are all maturing, and our style of play is predicated on understanding. The understanding gets better, so will our performances.

So yes, last night was gutting. We should not be drawing to WBA at home. But, by rights, we should not be spanking Emirates Marketing Project or Man United either. I am positive that this team and manager will learn from this experience and be better for it. I am also very confident that this team will not be broken up in the summer. I am very confident that we will be a match for any team next season, be it in the CL or in the EPL. We're going somewhere boys and girls and I think this is just about as exciting a period for the team as we have ever had in my lifetime. Well played Leicester, we won't be as accommodating to your shenanigans in the box next year.

Personally, I am absolutely gutted about last night. I could see the panic set in the players, and that is simply because they are young. They will learn from this and come back stronger than ever.

Fair play to Leicester, they have ground out results when not playing well, which is not something that we have been able to do as consistently. For that reason, they deserve to win the EPL, and I am just gutted that we are not going to win the league. I am consoled by the fact that I truly believe that we will be the better team next year. Yes, the other teams will be more competitive, and will spend millions and millions on new players, but even then I just don't think that Guardiola and Conte will guarantee great results. The EPL is just different, more competitive and relentless.

But back to us. If you'd have told me at the beginning of the season that we would be one of two teams in contention for the title at the end of March, I would have bitten your arm off and then laughed at how stupid you were. My expectations were top 5. If you'd have told me at Christmas that we would be one of two teams in contention for the title at the end of March, it would have been the same reaction. With this team and their age, I just couldn't see how you could think any different. But it's not just the results that has impressed me. I'm so proud of this team because:

1. They work bloody hard. Harder than any professional footballers in this country;
2. Our team and our manager handle themselves incredibly well in public. We don't have any players involved in shisha smoking, gas inhaling or drugged up to the eyeballs. I'm proud to have all of these players associated with the club;
3. Our team has improved as the season has progressed. I think we were a little unlucky in some of the games that we lost, and we certainly were not spanked by anyone. I think only Leicester can say that they were not spanked;
4. This team is only going to get better. They are all maturing, and our style of play is predicated on understanding. The understanding gets better, so will our performances.

So yes, last night was gutting. We should not be drawing to WBA at home. But, by rights, we should not be spanking Emirates Marketing Project or Man United either. I am positive that this team and manager will learn from this experience and be better for it. I am also very confident that this team will not be broken up in the summer. I am very confident that we will be a match for any team next season, be it in the CL or in the EPL. We're going somewhere boys and girls and I think this is just about as exciting a period for the team as we have ever had in my lifetime. Well played Leicester, we won't be as accommodating to your shenanigans in the box next year.

I would add (especially as vs. Leicester)

- We play some amazingly attractive football (that sequence where Eriksen started the move, and it ended with him passing to Lamela, who then hit the inside of the post) ...
- We lost the title because several times this season we chose to try and make games 2-0 or 3-0 instead of falling back to protect a 1-0 lead. Some may call that lack of experience, I'm not sure, I like the fact that we never play for the 1-0.

No context whatsoever. I have no doubt he did say it, he played there FFS, but I'll bet anyone that he said it within context of the phrase 'in the future' or 'one day'...it's is brick-stirring.

Manager talking to French radio station says nice things about French club he used to play for?

Then says its not very attractive because it's a one horse league but it has player recruitment potential?

Bar a dramatic falling out with Lecy or an unimaginable losing of the dressing room,I think we're pretty safe with Poch for the next couple of seasons at least.

Gotta be up there with Celtic as the least rewarding job in football. They won the league by 30 points this season FFS!

Barca will be Poch's next job IMO

This story has been exaggerated alot as apparently the original interview he said he could see himself going there in the future. The most obvious thing about that report is the part about actually wanting to go to PSG was not in quotes. The reporter obviously knows you can be sued for making false quotes and has tried to manipulate it so people get worried.

Contract negotiation time is coming in the summer. Poch doesn't have an agent.

If I was in his position I'd come out with something like this too.

End of the day....it may play a part or not,he hasn't won anything, his cv is blank in winning trophies. I'm a great fan of his but till he wins something with a club like us the only clubs he'll attract are the ones who need a few fires to be put out...he'll go in sort things out play really well then get dumped for a manager whose got trophy winning cv.

If levy supports him this summer and the next there should be no problem but knowing how Levy operates he'll close the cheque book asap ,results may struggle,Poch decides to leave and Levy goes for the next manager whose got 'potential' and the wheel starts rotating again...round and round and round.

Back