• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

No, he's not, two big differences for me (between us and anyone in top 6

- Our academy is producing PL level youngsters (not all will be stars) Kane, Mason, Carroll, Caulker, Livermore, etc. with a pipe to more, e.g. KWP, CCV, Edwards, Onamah ...
- Our youngsters (academy or bought) get significant game time (Kane, Mason & Bentaleb last season, Alli, Dier, etc this season).

We have a very good record over the past few years of bringing through academy players. They may not all be superstar level, but they are decent PL level. All the ones named above, and adding Winks to the list, plus of course Townsend, who had a reasonable career with us before leaving this season.
He is clearly talking without knowing his facts. Trying to justify his job methinks.

Delle_Ali_miss_Stoke_630.jpg

Pochettino's reaction to Alli missing the open goal against Stoke was very funny. Never thought he would react like that. Wonder if the pressure is getting to Pochettino. He seems to be restless in recent matches. He has even gone to the toilet many times during matches now. He missed Lamela's goal against ManU as he went to the toilet. Find it strange he chose to go to the toilet with us leading 2-0 and with only 20 mins remaining. What a way to miss a memorable moment in a historic win !

Delle_Ali_miss_Stoke_630.jpg

Pochettino's reaction to Alli missing the open goal against Stoke was very funny. Never thought he would react like that. Wonder if the pressure is getting to Pochettino. He seems to be restless in recent matches. He has even gone to the toilet many times during matches now. He missed Lamela's goal against ManU as he went to the toilet. Find it strange he chose to go to the toilet with us leading 2-0 and with only 20 mins remaining. What a way to miss a memorable moment in a historic win !

He's been going to the toilet mid-match all season. All reports I've read have said that he was incredibly relaxed pre-match and had been joking with the Stoke coaching staff.

I really do think that you read too much into small things sometimes @Spurs7891

Firm player management from Poch. Shame our players have to miss out on the PFA awards night, but it is right that the focus is 100% on Monday's game:
When asked where the quartet would be on Sunday, he said: "At home, at home, at home!"

"But this is normal. It's normal and all people can understand. It's a shame but we play Monday. It's true that the players would like to go but I think the responsibility when you have a big game for us like West Brom on Monday, you need to stay at home, rest, focus on the game. After the game on Monday, we have time for a party or to congratulate the players -- for everything!"

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...tino-says-vardy-loss-big-impact-for-leicester

It's a shame this thread is 400 pages, I'd love to read through it and see the transformation of opinion over the last few years. I know I wanted de Boer when the vacancy came up, and although a little disappointed when Poch got the position, I could never have imagined the positive impact this man has had on Spurs in his short tenure.

Although a repeat of this season next year will be the real litmus test, it looks like we're now the real deal. Exciting times.

It's a shame this thread is 400 pages, I'd love to read through it and see the transformation of opinion over the last few years. I know I wanted de Boer when the vacancy came up, and although a little disappointed when Poch got the position, I could never have imagined the positive impact this man has had on Spurs in his short tenure.

Although a repeat of this season next year will be the real litmus test, it looks like we're now the real deal. Exciting times.

It's all right, I'm bringing it out in book form when the season's over.

I was the same, I wanted de boer but Poch quickly won me over.
I didn't expect the results so quickly though.

From another forum: "Please not Poch. LvG is the one to take us to the next level." Lolz

From another forum: "Please not Poch. LvG is the one to take us to the next level." Lolz

In all fairness LVG had a great record of winning Silverware at a variety of famous clubs. He may yet win the FA Cup this season and finish 4th, none too shabby if it were to happen. Poch's impact has been nothing short of remarkable, but I too will confess to wanting De Boer. Obviously I am delighted by our progress under Poch, long may it continue.

There is a rumor about a 10 million pounds buy-out clause on Poch's contract. Read that on Red Café (Man United forum). Most likely no truth to that rumor.

Right, but mate, here is the bit everyone is missing. He has to want to leave. And he doesn't.

Never wanted LvG, never wanted Fe Boer, was happy enough with Poch and then came the pre-aeason where you could see the shape he wanted, followed by his masterclass in squad management/outing wasters. Always liked him.

Kyle Walker: At first it was horrible under Pochettino, now we run every team off the pitch

“I’m not going to lie,” Walker says. “At the start it was horrible. Horrible. When you reach the first team as a professional, it’s kind of like, ‘If you want go and do gym, do gym. If you don’t, you don’t have to’. But when he came in, gym was compulsory.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/

-----------------------------------------------------

Despite his achievements with us, I think Pochettino will struggle at big clubs with big-name players. Based on the Spurs players' interviews about him, his training methods are very tough and involves double sessions daily. Just can't see any big-name players with big egos being forced to go through all those hard work in training. Maybe this is why players like Adebayor and Lennon was sold ! I think Pochettino's training methods are more suitable for young players and humble seniors who are willing to work hard. I think Pochettino will fail if he goes to clubs like ManU, Chelsea or Arsenal where there are many players with big egos.

Kyle Walker: At first it was horrible under Pochettino, now we run every team off the pitch

“I’m not going to lie,” Walker says. “At the start it was horrible. Horrible. When you reach the first team as a professional, it’s kind of like, ‘If you want go and do gym, do gym. If you don’t, you don’t have to’. But when he came in, gym was compulsory.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/

-----------------------------------------------------

Despite his achievements with us, I think Pochettino will struggle at big clubs with big-name players. Based on the Spurs players' interviews about him, his training methods are very tough and involves double sessions daily. Just can't see any big-name players with big egos being forced to go through all those hard work in training. Maybe this is why players like Adebayor and Lennon was sold ! I think Pochettino's training methods are more suitable for young players and humble seniors who are willing to work hard. I think Pochettino will fail if he goes to clubs like ManU, Chelsea or Arsenal where there are many players with big egos.

I genuinely wonder if he lets them eat ketchup. Would love to know the inner workings of how he compares to Ramos and AVB and whether it's his training methods which separate them or whether it's the squad he's assembled as you say.

Back