• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I wanted to bring this up but am wary of offending people by doing so..

I'm not interested in purely getting one over Ar5ena1 either, what's important to me is genuinely being better than them, games like yesterday used to a great opportunity for us to nick a win by catching them off guard when we were no more than a mid table side miles behind them in the grand scheme of things, winning a battle but losing the war...we're no longer that type of club and personally I see things like last night as an example of how far we've come and the direction we're moving in, we don't see games like last night as an opportunity to get a cheap victory over our much bigger rivals but see them as an opportunity to meet them man to man and see who is better
Totally, absolutely, definitely THIS! Couldn't have said it better.

I don't think there's a sign that says we're a cup side. You know which teams are cup sides? Championship and mid table and below teams who can't and have never won anything else. I really do not want to be in that company.

15+ Cups, 2 League titles ...

Reactions: DTA
Glorious victories???? Have we beaten city already then? What was the score?

People have the right to express their displeasure with a performance or team selection or even result if they so wish. Instead of attacking them for holding those views why not express why you are happy with said performance team selection or result.

I hold no strong views on the derby.... except it was a derby and pouch may have underestimated the importance of it, especially considering that a lot of people will not hold much hope of achievements such as top four or a cup this season, as the focus (as we keep on being reminded) is the future, and a young team being moulded together. So this could have potentially been a bright spot...... what i dont get though is this:

If Lloris and verts, need a rest..... and i understand the arguments saying they do (maybe dont agree, but do understand) ........ what about Kane? Why wasnt he rested. I thought we were supposed to have alternatives.... and anyone who thought we didnt were labeled footballing cavemen?

Were we resting players that need it, or weren't we?

Are we ridiculously short up top or are we not?
It's pretty obvious that we are ridiculously short up top. We have one player in the whole squad capable of playing as the number 9, in a system that seems to absolutely require a number 9 type player.

Reactions: DTA
I don't think there's a sign that says we're a cup side. You know which teams are cup sides? Championship and mid table and below teams who can't and have never won anything else. I really do not want to be in that company.

no such thing as a cup side, only sides that have won more cups than others

I've gone into my reasoning many times in this thread and I won't do it again.

And before you get too carried away, I clearly said prospective victory..

Further I have no issue with fans expressing displeasure with a performance, but the vitriolic, melodramatic hyperbole that has been spewed around here the last few days has been nothing short of disgusting.

I haven't seen any examples of this "vitriolic, melodramatic hyperbole".
The conversation has been pretty measured on the whole considering what happened.
However you have been going round passive aggressively terming people "whingers" and part of the "instant gratification phalanx".

another disgraceful selection from him today, "I have given him plenty of time but he lost me today", a big TV game against City, and that's all we get, they were there for the taking today, should have put 10/12 past them, he just doesn't get it, no vertical movement, all boring to watch, sideways sideways, awful defending, he never changes the game

poch out

Poch proved today that all those that have been criticsing him are low level armchair 'experts' who haven't the faintest clue about football managment and need to use their brain before knee jerking. Our resevers put in a decent performance in a derby and today we smashed the oil rich Ken Barlows. Think he deserves appologies! (Poch, not Ken Barlow..)

Not a time to gloat a time to highlight the positives.
IF you had offered me a win against a second string Ar5ena1 and a 4-1 loss v city then i would have taken this.

Bell and Hare rocking im going to get smashed

Have they got that live band this weekend as well? They were pretty good.

Yes I got fudging smashed. No idea how I got back to my hotel.

Not a time to gloat a time to highlight the positives.
IF you had offered me a win against a second string Ar5ena1 and a 4-1 loss v city then i would have taken this.

Bell and Hare rocking im going to get smashed

Am I allowed to highlight the positive that those who were wrong will STFU ;) Nah good day for all of us :D

Poch proved today that all those that have been criticsing him are low level armchair 'experts' who haven't the faintest clue about football managment and need to use their brain before knee jerking. Our resevers put in a decent performance in a derby and today we smashed the oil rich Ken Barlows. Think he deserves appologies! (Poch, not Ken Barlow..)

Can we not do this now and just revel in the result today. This board is normally a great place to visit let's not lose that in pettiness and inflammatory remarks.

I didn't bother analysing or referencing the game, just posted a load of pre conceived bias's at the final whistle devoid of context

just like others

Got it right today .. specifically the defense, I have never seen us manage Aquero so well (he has made his bitch as a habit).

I won't caveat it, just well done

There is no caveat if you accept that this is a long-term (in modern society definitions!) plan, that this group is growing together (all 25 of them) and that the whole direction of the club is congruent. We saw it against Palace, we saw it today. I think one of the most remarkable things is we did it without Mason, Bentaleb or Dembele. Ali's strength and attitude was absolutely immense, and as for Coco, sensational! Dier? What can be said. Have to say though, my favorite individual moment was Clinton's take-and-turn on the West Stand touchline, fudging beautiful, not to mention a great end product.
COYS

There is no caveat if you accept that this is a long-term (in modern society definitions!) plan, that this group is growing together (all 25 of them) and that the whole direction of the club is congruent. We saw it against Palace, we saw it today. I think one of the most remarkable things is we did it without Mason, Bentaleb or Dembele. Ali's strength and attitude was absolutely immense, and as for Coco, sensational! Dier? What can be said. Have to say though, my favorite individual moment was Clinton's take-and-turn on the West Stand touchline, fudgeing beautiful, not to mention a great end product.
COYS

Today is a happy day, so as I said, won't caveat.

Interestingly I don't think Mason/Bentaleb or Dembele are critical to what I think I'm seeing

Critical to defense = Lloris, Jan, Toby (he's been worth his fee x2) and Dier in front
Critical to attack = Eriksen, Son (absolutely takes some of the attention off Kane, makes space), Kane

2 of Alli/Lamela/Mason/Chadli can almost be interchanged.

Clinton is a very interesting late game option, outball to a lot of pace, suspect he will influence a game or two this season

Today is a happy day, so as I said, won't caveat.

Interestingly I don't think Mason/Bentaleb or Dembele are critical to what I think I'm seeing

Critical to defense = Lloris, Jan, Toby (he's been worth his fee x2) and Dier in front
Critical to attack = Eriksen, Son (absolutely takes some of the attention off Kane, makes space), Kane

2 of Alli/Lamela/Mason/Chadli can almost be interchanged.

Clinton is a very interesting late game option, outball to a lot of pace, suspect he will influence a game or two this season

Will be very very important if we want to keep Dier and Alli fresh. One question. Do you believe in what Pochettino is doing or not? I ask in the spirit of discussion mate, nothing else, no 'afters' ;)

Back